The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cheeseburger Sub

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
Cheeseburger Sub Tue, 10/19/10 5:44 PM (permalink)
Amoroso roll, yeah I know it's thin, 4 blend Mexi Cheese, fried onions lettice tomato down there, with  all the talk of "where is everyone" someone got hungry and ordered this, who?

Ev1L

• Total Posts: 80
    Re:Cheeseburger Sub Tue, 10/19/10 8:03 PM (permalink)
    That looks awesome. I would add pickles and chili and probably pork fat (bacon), but that is just being whiny.

You come up with some wonderful creations!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
      Re:Cheeseburger Sub Tue, 10/19/10 8:31 PM (permalink)
      And I find the very idea of a cheeseburger sub to be a violation of basic food dignity.

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
        Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 8:29 AM (permalink)
        Great job
        <message edited by BillyB on Thu, 10/21/10 6:41 PM>

chewingthefat

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 12:22 PM (permalink)
          Michael Hoffman

And I find the very idea of a cheeseburger sub to be a violation of basic food dignity.

That said, do you want yours medium rare?

chewingthefat

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 12:26 PM (permalink)
            BillyB

I learned from Ellen, when a sandwich comes to the table that's bigger than the table, order more bread. When I was at the Carnegie deli we ordered extra Rye bread and made two Pastrami sands out of the one big one. I feel the quality of all CTF's food is great, the only thing I don't agree with is the size. If you can't taste the lettuce, tomato, onion, burger, cheese, bread,sauce in every bite then the sandwich is to large to eat, or even fit in your mouth. I feel, because of the size, not the quality, your doing an injustice to the quality of the sandwich.  If I ordered this sandwich, I would want to taste the quality of all the ingredients in every bite. The cook also needs to Caramelized the onions, it would do wonder for the taste and appearance................. I am very critical of the food I serve in my Cafe, I realize the more critical I am the better the results are for my customer  This isn't a slam on your food, it's just my opinion of how I would want to taste the quality of what you do in every bite......... You do a great job...........BillyB

How about some pics of your food, maybe you've posted them already and I missed them, have you Billy?

Michael Hoffman

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 12:52 PM (permalink)
              chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

No thanks. I was serious. I really don't even like the idea of such a thing as a cheeseburger or hamburger sub. Just a quirk, I guess.

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1930
                Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 12:54 PM (permalink)
                Chewingthefat:  That looks SUPER.  We have 3 places that serve  cheeseburger subs (one even delivers), and I love them, but yours looks superior to these.  What a great looking burger.

BillyB

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 1:02 PM (permalink)
                  chewingthefat

BillyB

I learned from Ellen, when a sandwich comes to the table that's bigger than the table, order more bread. When I was at the Carnegie deli we ordered extra Rye bread and made two Pastrami sands out of the one big one. I feel the quality of all CTF's food is great, the only thing I don't agree with is the size. If you can't taste the lettuce, tomato, onion, burger, cheese, bread,sauce in every bite then the sandwich is to large to eat, or even fit in your mouth. I feel, because of the size, not the quality, your doing an injustice to the quality of the sandwich.  If I ordered this sandwich, I would want to taste the quality of all the ingredients in every bite. The cook also needs to Caramelized the onions, it would do wonder for the taste and appearance................. I am very critical of the food I serve in my Cafe, I realize the more critical I am the better the results are for my customer  This isn't a slam on your food, it's just my opinion of how I would want to taste the quality of what you do in every bite......... You do a great job...........BillyB

How about some pics of your food, maybe you've posted them already and I missed them, have you Billy?

Don't know how to use a camera
                  <message edited by BillyB on Thu, 10/21/10 6:44 PM>

Michael Hoffman

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 1:13 PM (permalink)
                    chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

Too much food, or you don't like burgers, Michael?

No thanks. I was serious. I really don't even like the idea of such a thing as a cheeseburger or hamburger sub. Just a quirk, I guess.

I love burgers. It's the concept I don't care for. Of course, I don't like the idea of turkey or tuna on a sub, either.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                      Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 1:15 PM (permalink)
                      Wonder Bread thanks you.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 1:38 PM (permalink)
                        bill voss

Wonder Bread thanks you.

And that would be because ... ?

chewingthefat

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 2:23 PM (permalink)
                          Michael Hoffman

bill voss

Wonder Bread thanks you.

And that would be because ... ?

Your a Wonder!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 2:32 PM (permalink)
                            That, of course, is quite true.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6075
                              Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 2:45 PM (permalink)
                              That sandwich is a work of art....The right choice in bread, too!

chewingthefat

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 5:15 PM (permalink)
                                BillyB

chewingthefat

BillyB

Hey CTF, because of security issues, We can't have any cameras on site at our Cafe, no cell phones allow either. I used to take a lot of pictures of our Catering so I could use them for future sales. I would also like to have pictures of all my food to train cooks on portion sizes and presentation. I see some of my cooks loading up the lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles like its a tossed salad instead of the veggies for the burger. .................. The quality of your product beats mine out by far, our price structure prevents me from using high end cuts of meat and many other items. We do serve a great quality for the price.................BillyB
                                Breakfast specials $4.25
                                Lunch special.........$4.75 to $5.50
                                Cheese burger $2.50 fries $1.25 and a 20 oz btl pop for a buck

Are you on an Army Post or something like that?

BillyB

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 5:36 PM (permalink)
                                   Graet Job
                                  <message edited by BillyB on Thu, 10/21/10 6:45 PM>

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                                    Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 5:41 PM (permalink)
                                    BillyB

Gotta Ask- Have you tried it?

BillyB

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Wed, 10/20/10 5:54 PM (permalink)
                                      saps

BillyB

Gotta Ask- Have you tried it?

No I haven't, but CTF does a quality job with all his food
                                      <message edited by BillyB on Thu, 10/21/10 6:47 PM>

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
                                        Re:Cheeseburger Sub Thu, 10/21/10 4:14 PM (permalink)
                                        This banter all seems crazy to me. CTF is proud of his product and likes to display it.  BillyB, if you work in a place in which there are no cameras or cell phones allowed, I have to assume you work at the Kremlin kitchen. Otherwise, I don't understand how there can be such restrictions. Secrets will get out regardless of technology. Mr. Hoffman, his cheeseburger sub seems no different than a double cheeseburger horizontal instead of vertical. You've never had a double cheeseburger at Gahanna Grill, have you? Same thing, only horizontal. Please, I admire all of your opinions and contributions to this site. But I abhor the petty jabs.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Thu, 10/21/10 5:14 PM (permalink)
                                          Wintem01

Mr. Hoffman, his cheeseburger sub seems no different than a double cheeseburger horizontal instead of vertical. You've never had a double cheeseburger at Gahanna Grill, have you? Same thing, only horizontal.

While there is nothing forcing you to do so, please understand that I have nothing against Chewingthefat. I just do not like the idea of a hamburger or cheeseburger sub. It seems wrong to me, as does the idea of a turkey sub or a tuna sub, or even a bacon, lettuce and tomato sub. That's my quirk. It's that simple.

Now, as to your question about a double cheeseburger at the Gahanna Grill. The answer is no, of course I've not had a double cheeseburger at the Gahanna Grill. That would be a full pound of meat, and I can barely finish a standard burger at the Grill.

About jabs. Chewingthefat and I have been jabbing at each other for a very long time, with mutual respect.

BillyB

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Thu, 10/21/10 5:24 PM (permalink)
                                            Wintem01

This banter all seems crazy to me. CTF is proud of his product and likes to display it.  BillyB, if you work in a place in which there are no cameras or cell phones allowed, I have to assume you work at the Kremlin kitchen. Otherwise, I don't understand how there can be such restrictions. Secrets will get out regardless of technology. Mr. Hoffman, his cheeseburger sub seems no different than a double cheeseburger horizontal instead of vertical. You've never had a double cheeseburger at Gahanna Grill, have you? Same thing, only horizontal. Please, I admire all of your opinions and contributions to this site. But I abhor the petty jabs.

WE have a hard time getting the right purple color picture for the Boursh. I love the word assume, I'm going to use it three times today so I could loose a few friends.............Do Svidaniya....Bill

chewingthefat

Re:Cheeseburger Sub Thu, 10/21/10 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                              Michael Hoffman

Wintem01

Mr. Hoffman, his cheeseburger sub seems no different than a double cheeseburger horizontal instead of vertical. You've never had a double cheeseburger at Gahanna Grill, have you? Same thing, only horizontal.

While there is nothing forcing you to do so, please understand that I have nothing against Chewingthefat. I just do not like the idea of a hamburger or cheeseburger sub. It seems wrong to me, as does the idea of a turkey sub or a tuna sub, or even a bacon, lettuce and tomato sub. That's my quirk. It's that simple.

Now, as to your question about a double cheeseburger at the Gahanna Grill. The answer is no, of course I've not had a double cheeseburger at the Gahanna Grill. That would be a full pound of meat, and I can barely finish a standard burger at the Grill.

About jabs. Chewingthefat and I have been jabbing at each other for a very long time, with mutual respect.

Indeed!
                                              Respectfully,
                                              Pain in the butt

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                • No New Messages
                                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                • Read Message
                                                • Post New Thread
                                                • Reply to message
                                                • Post New Poll
                                                • Submit Vote
                                                • Post reward post
                                                • Delete my own posts
                                                • Delete my own threads
                                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com