Cherrymash

Author
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7769
2005/10/23 01:05:27 (permalink)

Cherrymash

Do people "really" like them?

Was in the Dallas area last week and saw it. Thinking it was a regional candy I picked it up. It's not as it's made in MO. I'd never had one, though so I bought it.

All I can say is YUCK!

They even have a website with testimonials. HUH?

And what's with the pink peanut patties?

6 Replies Related Threads

lisakbuck
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Cherrymash 2005/11/18 20:44:08 (permalink)
    I saw them once at HY-VEE grocery store and tried one. I liked it! But have never seen them since!
    ConeyIslandLou
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 749
    RE: Cherrymash 2005/11/18 20:58:14 (permalink)
    CM's can be an aquired taste..the small ones are better actually....
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4177
    RE: Cherrymash 2005/11/18 21:43:42 (permalink)
    Cherry Mash is (Cherry Mashes are{?})made in St. Joseph, MO; my darling wife's hometown. Everytime we go back to visit, we pass the Cherry Mash factory on the east side of I-29 and have a good laugh about how revoltingly sweet they are. This year I tasted one for the first time after 26 years of marriage and thought it was goldarned awful (the Cherry Mash, not the last 26 years). My wife swears they tasted better when she was a kid. This of course leads to the discussion; did your taste buds mature or have they changed the recipe? The wife thinks the latter, refusing to believe that her tongue could have deteriorated so radically. Personally, I can't believe they ever tasted good, but there you go.

On the other hand, I've recently seen, north of the Mason Dixon Line, a resurgence of Goo-Goo Clusters, and they taste great!
    Marti7
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Cherrymash 2006/10/07 21:30:01 (permalink)
    I went to Sweetie's Candy Store in Cleveland today (they carry a lot of retro candy), and I remembered hearing something about Cherry Mash so I bought one. WOW ! talk about sweet...I may have found something to cure me of my sweet tooth !
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5046
    RE: Cherrymash 2006/10/07 23:26:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by mar52

Do people "really" like them?

Was in the Dallas area last week and saw it. Thinking it was a regional candy I picked it up. It's not as it's made in MO. I'd never had one, though so I bought it.

All I can say is YUCK!

They even have a website with testimonials. HUH?

And what's with the pink peanut patties?

The "pink patties" are peanut pralines. I've been living in Dallas for over 40 years and I still won't eat them.
    I love the (brown) pecan pralines, though.
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5046
    RE: Cherrymash 2006/10/07 23:29:09 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

Cherry Mash is (Cherry Mashes are{?})made in St. Joseph, MO; my darling wife's hometown. Everytime we go back to visit, we pass the Cherry Mash factory on the east side of I-29 and have a good laugh about how revoltingly sweet they are. This year I tasted one for the first time after 26 years of marriage and thought it was goldarned awful (the Cherry Mash, not the last 26 years). My wife swears they tasted better when she was a kid. This of course leads to the discussion; did your taste buds mature or have they changed the recipe? The wife thinks the latter, refusing to believe that her tongue could have deteriorated so radically. Personally, I can't believe they ever tasted good, but there you go.

On the other hand, I've recently seen, north of the Mason Dixon Line, a resurgence of Goo-Goo Clusters, and they taste great!

I love the occasional Cherry Mash but, I'd eat Goo-Goo Clusters everyday If I could.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1