The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cheshire Cheese Bacon Burger

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
Cheshire Cheese Bacon Burger Sat, 02/4/06 9:16 PM (permalink)
Cheshire Cheese Bacon Burger:

I tend to have a fondness for bacon cheese burgers and have had many variations on this rather simple theme. I decided to experiment a bit with some burgers I was making. tonight and thought of the very good Cheshire cheese I enjoyed over the weekend. I had a lot left over and the thought came to me to use it as the cheese for my bacon cheese burgers.

The only qualms I had about using Cheshire was that I had never heard of anyone using it on burgers before. I thought there might be good reason for that as Cheshire is a fairly mild cheese and very crumbly in texture. English Cheshire is also very high in milk fat however, so I figured it would melt quite well and it did.

The combination of high quality all natural hamburger, thick cut smokehouse bacon, and Cheshire proved a winner. I am surprised I do not see this on a lot of restaurant menus, it is a natural.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
    RE: Cheshire Cheese Bacon Burger Sun, 02/5/06 7:32 AM (permalink)
    I've never been a big fan of burgers with bacon, but for my tastes that cheese sounds like it would go well with a burger with onions and steak sauce or a burger loaded with tomatoes, onions lettuce, pickles, mayonaisse, ketchup and mustard. Hard to go wrong there

Andrea

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com