The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29

Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 30 of 188
ChiTownDiner

Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 12:59 PM (permalink)
All right...who's in and got tickets...my brother and I will once again return to "The Tour!"
Looking forward to seeing old and new friends...and Chicago - Milwaukee, it doesn't get any better!

buffetbuster

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 1:21 PM (permalink)
    My girlfriend, Cousin Johnny and I are also in.  Can't wait!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 1:41 PM (permalink)
      Maybe we can share an item or two...
      <message edited by ChiTownDiner on Tue, 08/2/11 2:33 PM>

abe_froeman

• Total Posts: 695
        Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 4:34 PM (permalink)
        Mr. Maki and I will have to see the exact schedule, but we should be able to at least make it to part(s) of the tour.

RickInc

• Total Posts: 3
          Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 4:39 PM (permalink)
          Rick Inc and TG Louie are coming!

mondaymeme

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 4:43 PM (permalink)
            Im in and so is my friend Corkie going to get tickets now  

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 4:54 PM (permalink)
              RickInc - always good to see you and the Tough Guy!

mondaymeme - welcome aboard...first trip or a return engagement? 

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 6:50 PM (permalink)
                I am trying to get a ticket for just the Milw. leg of the tour( cant do both) but will definately meet up with one and all along the route!!

Ralph Melton

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 8:14 PM (permalink)
                  I'm in; Lori's attendance is less certain.

blizzardstormus

• Total Posts: 274
                    Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Tue, 08/2/11 9:15 PM (permalink)
                    Plan on being there. I celebrate my 55th birthday that weekend and this will be the perfect present.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Wed, 08/3/11 9:33 AM (permalink)
                      Ralph Melton

I'm in; Lori's attendance is less certain.

Great Ralph!  Hoping Lori can make it also, but very glad you'll be there!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Wed, 08/3/11 9:35 AM (permalink)
                        blizzardstormus

Plan on being there. I celebrate my 55th birthday that weekend and this will be the perfect present.

I'm thinking spanking machine on the bus....

corkie

• Total Posts: 1
                          Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 1:25 PM (permalink)
                          I can NOT find the tickets!

buffetbuster

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 1:34 PM (permalink)
                            corkie-
                            Try this!

http://www.roadfood.com/store/ChicagoMilwaukeeEatingTour/

Welcome to Roadfood and good luck!

buffetbuster

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 1:36 PM (permalink)
                              blizzardstormus

Mark, so glad to see that you will be there.  But, I do have plans to visit The Farmer's Kitchen even before then.

irisarbor

• Total Posts: 603
                                Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 4:38 PM (permalink)
                                I'm in and I have a +1 ticket, hopefully for the Mr. (however the way his schedule gets, you never know....)
                                Very excited for my first "National" event...LOL
                                Those of you who have never experienced the apple pie in a brown paper bag from the Elegant Farmer are in for a real treat!
                                Best pie EVER!
                                <message edited by irisarbor on Fri, 08/5/11 4:42 PM>

blizzardstormus

• Total Posts: 274
                                  Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 4:50 PM (permalink)
                                  buffetbuster

Mark, so glad to see that you will be there.  But, I do have plans to visit The Farmer's Kitchen even before then.

You can check out Mom's new pie shop!!

lefty66

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 8:53 PM (permalink)
                                    I'm in with a friend.  This is my first trip.  I was able to purchase on the first day.  Now I need for someone to tell me what's next:  will I get an e-mail?  tickets delivered in the mail? delivered by e-mail?  when will we learn of hotel--name and rates?  I am anxious as you can see.  I also have plane tickets to Chicago.  I am ready to experience my first Roadfood trip full throttle!

Ralph Melton

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 10:13 PM (permalink)
                                      Welcome, Lefty66. What's happened before is that there are no tickets, you just show up at the start of the tour and and your name gets checked off the list. If you're feeling nervous, bring a printout of your Paypal receipt. (I felt nervous for the first trip I came on, but I no longer do.)

I don't know the answer to your question about the hotel, though.

lefty66

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Fri, 08/5/11 10:38 PM (permalink)
                                        Thanks for the info.  But I feel that I need some details:  what time do I show up and where?--Chicago is a big city.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sat, 08/6/11 7:22 AM (permalink)
                                          Hi Lefty - We are working out the details on the hotel, which will also be the drop-off and pick-up point.

To ease some nerves, the following is some unconfirmed information.  Let me repeat, this is not finalized...!  We are negotiating a group rate at the Holiday Inn Mart, which is in walking distance to some terrific Roadfood.  Pickup on both Friday and Saturday will be 9:30 AM, and we should return Friday night around 10:30 PM and Saturday around 5 PM.  We can't provide any further details without unveiling the surprises along the way.

Overall, everything is shaping up to be an incredible trip.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
                                            Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sat, 08/6/11 12:17 PM (permalink)
                                            9:30???   ChiTownDiner will have led the group on a tour of five or six breakfast and/or pastry shops around town by then.  

abe_froeman

• Total Posts: 695
                                              Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sat, 08/6/11 12:27 PM (permalink)
                                              The Travelin Man

9:30???   ChiTownDiner will have led the group on a tour of five or six breakfast and/or pastry shops around town by then.  

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3219
                                                • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sat, 08/6/11 7:51 PM (permalink)
                                                The Travelin Man

To get into Hot Doug's on a Saturday morning, one needs to be in line well before 10:00am.

CSD

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
                                                  Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sun, 08/7/11 2:10 AM (permalink)
                                                  If I understand correctly, the tour members will have a private, no waiting in line audience with the Dougster himself.  There will be a prix fixe, prepaid menu featuring one of Doug's specialty gourmet encased meats and his famous duck fat fries.

Buddy

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sun, 08/7/11 9:15 AM (permalink)
                                                    The Travelin Man

This is not for the faint of heart...no retreat, no surrender!

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3219
                                                      • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                      Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sun, 08/7/11 11:20 AM (permalink)
                                                      BuddyRoadhouse

If I understand correctly, the tour members will have a private, no waiting in line audience with the Dougster himself.  There will be a prix fixe, prepaid menu featuring one of Doug's specialty gourmet encased meats and his famous duck fat fries.

Buddy

Will it be before 10:30am or after 4:00pm?
                                                      <message edited by chicagostyledog on Sun, 08/7/11 11:24 AM>

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
                                                        • Location: Des Plaines, IL
                                                        Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sun, 08/7/11 2:05 PM (permalink)
                                                        Not privy to those details, but I've got to assume the tour will hit Hot Doug's as it's first stop so as not to interfere too much with his regular business hours.

Buddy

lefty66

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Sun, 08/7/11 5:09 PM (permalink)
                                                          Thanks, Stephen.  I am trying to be patient, but as you can probably tell, I am excited about my first Roadfood eating tour.  I assume we'll get hotel details later.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Chicago-Milwaukee Roadfood Trip - October 28-29 Mon, 08/8/11 7:25 AM (permalink)
                                                            irisarbor

I'm in and I have a +1 ticket, hopefully for the Mr. (however the way his schedule gets, you never know....)
                                                            Very excited for my first "National" event...LOL
                                                            Those of you who have never experienced the apple pie in a brown paper bag from the Elegant Farmer are in for a real treat!
                                                            Best pie EVER!

Elaine - Looking forward to seeing you guys on our home field tour!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 30 of 188

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com