Chicago-Style Pizza in or near CT?

Author
bbqbelly
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2004/09/17 18:01:38 (permalink)

Chicago-Style Pizza in or near CT?

I know that there's some risk that I'll get accused of heresy for this, but even though I live just a few short miles from New Haven, I find myself occasionally craving Chicago-style pizza. Uno's works to stave off this craving when it hits, but I'm hoping to find something more like the thick deep-dish pies that I used to be able to get, the sort that used to weigh enough to set off the seat-belt-required indicator on my old Honda accord when I placed them on the passenger seat. And I haven't found anyplace that has anything that approaches the cracker-thin crispy crust type of Chicago pie.

While I'm on the subject, anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete area owes it to themselves to try the Chicago Pizza & Pasta Co. on Walsingham Rd in Largo, a family-run joint run by a bunch of Chicago transplants. Yum!

2 Replies Related Threads

michaelgemmell
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: Chicago-Style Pizza in or near CT? 2004/09/17 19:02:37 (permalink)
    My brother lives in Chicago and seldom goes out for "za." He makes it himself at home. Only the bread dough is even a slight challenge. We're talking deep dish, of course. He gave me his dough recipe some time ago. Email me if you can't find a recipe. He talked me into my first bay scallop and pepperoni pizza, and, wow, was he ever right!
    long dog
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: Chicago-Style Pizza in or near CT? 2004/09/20 22:48:28 (permalink)
    Uno's is about all you're going to get for Chicago-style pizza in our area.

I know that Bobby Valentine's used to do a Chicago deep dish.
    Gipper's on Old Gate Lane used to be a Bobby V's many moons ago.

I haven't been to Bobby V's in quite a number of years.
    Closest one now is in Stamford.

I'd suggest calling first to see if they still do the Chicago pie, instead of driving down to Stamford.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1