The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Chicken Fingers

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 32
Author Message
fastfood

  • Total Posts: 82
  • Joined: 7/12/2005
  • Location: S, MO
Chicken Fingers Tue, 07/12/05 2:20 AM (permalink)
Where do you get your favorite chicken fingers from? Me, I get mine from arby's they are the best with the BBQ sauce. Our honey mustard in the packets could use some improvements.When getting chicken fingers from arby's demand fresh ones for the best taste.
 
#1
    wanderingjew

    • Total Posts: 7384
    • Joined: 1/18/2001
    • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Chicken Fingers Tue, 07/12/05 7:21 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by fastfood

    Where do you get your favorite chicken fingers from? Me, I get mine from arby's they are the best with the BBQ sauce. Our honey mustard in the packets could use some improvements.When getting chicken fingers from arby's demand fresh ones for the best taste.


    I wouldn't be caught dead at Arby's or any other chain. I've had chicken fingers at local mom n pop restaurants that would blow away the mass produced processed garbage they sell at the chains.

    Ok, I've read "fastfood's" other threads and now realize it's all a joke to annoy other members of this forum.
     
    #2
      The Travelin Man

      • Total Posts: 3698
      • Joined: 3/25/2003
      • Location: Central FL
      RE: Chicken Fingers Tue, 07/12/05 9:07 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by wanderingjew


      Originally posted by fastfood


      Ok, I've read "fastfood's" other threads and now realize it's all a joke to annoy other members of this forum.


      Dude....17 posts in one day....all about Arby's. If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.
       
      #3
        fastfood

        • Total Posts: 82
        • Joined: 7/12/2005
        • Location: S, MO
        RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/13/05 2:21 AM (permalink)
        When they are fresh out the grease they are the best chicken fingers possible. I eat like 8 of them and still could go for more.You guys should give us a try you will like it.
         
        #4
          mr chips

          • Total Posts: 4715
          • Joined: 2/19/2003
          • Location: portland, OR
          RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/13/05 2:45 AM (permalink)
          Arby's = boring.
           
          #5
            sizz_leteen

            • Total Posts: 118
            • Joined: 4/22/2005
            • Location: Toronto, XX
            RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 8:10 AM (permalink)
            I enjoy Denny's chicken fingers with ranch dressing.
             
            #6
              mousec

              • Total Posts: 298
              • Joined: 5/15/2003
              • Location: Algonquin, IL
              RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 8:19 AM (permalink)
              Has anyone tried the new chicken fries at Burger King? They are cut to look like fries but they are made of chicken. I couldn't stomach them at 12:00 a.m. but I may give them a try today.
               
              #7
                Michael Hoffman

                • Total Posts: 17817
                • Joined: 7/1/2000
                • Location: Gahanna, OH
                RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 2:09 PM (permalink)
                Chicken fries?
                 
                #8
                  The Travelin Man

                  • Total Posts: 3698
                  • Joined: 3/25/2003
                  • Location: Central FL
                  RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 2:48 PM (permalink)
                  Can't be any worse an idea than White Castle's chicken rings, no?
                   
                  #9
                    Sundancer7

                    RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 2:49 PM (permalink)
                    Yes Chicken Fries. I am not sure what they are but I saw them advertised on the marquee for Burger king. Apparently they are new. I was waiting on some kind of review on this site before I made a acquisition.

                    Paul E. Smith
                    Knoxville, TN
                     
                    #10
                      Michael Hoffman

                      • Total Posts: 17817
                      • Joined: 7/1/2000
                      • Location: Gahanna, OH
                      RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 3:30 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by stevekoe

                      Can't be any worse an idea than White Castle's chicken rings, no?

                      My grandson likes those chicken rings. I haven't tasted them.
                       
                      #11
                        emsmom

                        • Total Posts: 955
                        • Joined: 3/23/2004
                        • Location: Gastonia, NC
                        RE: Chicken Fingers Wed, 07/20/05 3:38 PM (permalink)
                        We have a local place called Billie Jeans Grasshopper Farm and they serve the best chicken tenders with homemade honey mustard. But everything I have ever gotten there is great. All of their sauces and dressings are homemade.
                         
                        #12
                          Pwingsx

                          • Total Posts: 2170
                          • Joined: 5/15/2003
                          • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                          RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 12:46 AM (permalink)
                          Chicken fingers.

                          Chickens don't have fingers.

                          But, yum.

                          Fingers in Wendy's chili.

                          People have fingers.

                          But not yum.

                          Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....
                           
                          #13
                            GordonW

                            • Total Posts: 924
                            • Joined: 11/13/2003
                            • Location: Chapel Hill, NC
                            RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 12:59 AM (permalink)
                            I'm not sure that chickens have fingers. But they have toes. Does Arby's serve chicken toes? With honey mustard? Get the hot, oily chicken toes?
                             
                            #14
                              mr chips

                              • Total Posts: 4715
                              • Joined: 2/19/2003
                              • Location: portland, OR
                              RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 3:15 AM (permalink)
                              Actually I had chicken foot soup at a Dim Sum in suburban Vancouver B.C once. I did not like it very much.
                               
                              #15
                                CCJPO

                                • Total Posts: 497
                                • Joined: 4/20/2003
                                • Location: Fallon, NV
                                RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 5:31 AM (permalink)
                                When we put up chickens for the winter, the feet are either used for soup, as per MR CHIPS' response. But the remainder are coated in a beer batter and deep fried. Crunchy and good.
                                 
                                #16
                                  UncleVic

                                  • Total Posts: 6025
                                  • Joined: 10/14/2003
                                  • Location: West Palm Beach, FL
                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                  RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 5:56 AM (permalink)
                                  Ok, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread I've heard about Arbys... Are they still in business??
                                  I stopped at one in Indiana last year (Wabash to be exact) and for 3.50 they served me this roast beef thing between a large slice of what appeared to be a Kaiser Roll.. I'll admit it did fill the void, but whatever that red stuff (resembled ketchup / catsup) flowed freely down my shirt and pants hit a really good nerve. I felt my emails to them may have caused them to close. But I have to say, they did not respond thus saving me from having my blood presure rise even higher...

                                   
                                  #17
                                    emsmom

                                    • Total Posts: 955
                                    • Joined: 3/23/2004
                                    • Location: Gastonia, NC
                                    RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 9:14 AM (permalink)
                                    Would you believe that my town had opened its third Arbys? I don't know how they all stay in business
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by UncleVic

                                    Ok, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread I've heard about Arbys... Are they still in business??
                                    I stopped at one in Indiana last year (Wabash to be exact) and for 3.50 they served me this roast beef thing between a large slice of what appeared to be a Kaiser Roll.. I'll admit it did fill the void, but whatever that red stuff (resembled ketchup / catsup) flowed freely down my shirt and pants hit a really good nerve. I felt my emails to them may have caused them to close. But I have to say, they did not respond thus saving me from having my blood presure rise even higher...


                                     
                                    #18
                                      carlton pierre

                                      • Total Posts: 2500
                                      • Joined: 7/12/2004
                                      • Location: Knoxville, TN
                                      RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 12:34 PM (permalink)
                                      Best chicken fingers I've ever had are right here in Knoxville at Aubrey's. Aubrey's is a good restaurant developing into a small chain, I think there are 3 or 4 locations around the area, but the food is really good and prices reasonable.
                                       
                                      #19
                                        GordonW

                                        • Total Posts: 924
                                        • Joined: 11/13/2003
                                        • Location: Chapel Hill, NC
                                        RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 12:40 PM (permalink)
                                        Chicken feet are big in Chinese dim sum. Usually steamed, and then with whatever sauce. And, as Mr. Chips said, braised and in soup. Restaurants that specialize in duck and goose to those respective feet, usually braised in something like five-spice. In the Philippines, chicken feet are grilled in the satay manner, on a bamboo skewer over charcoal. The Philippine nickname is "Adidas." As opposed to grilled chicken heads -- "Walkman."
                                         
                                        #20
                                          carlton pierre

                                          • Total Posts: 2500
                                          • Joined: 7/12/2004
                                          • Location: Knoxville, TN
                                          RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 6:02 PM (permalink)
                                          Gordon, I tried chicken feet at a dim sum place here in town and I cannot get the memory of it out of my mind. Would you say it was an acquired taste?
                                           
                                          #21
                                            Sundancer7

                                            RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 6:06 PM (permalink)
                                            Carlton: Who in Knoxville has good Dim Sum?

                                            Paul E. Smith
                                            Knoxville, TN
                                             
                                            #22
                                              ctfrasier

                                              • Total Posts: 253
                                              • Joined: 3/2/2005
                                              • Location: nashville, TN
                                              RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 6:20 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by mousec

                                              Has anyone tried the new chicken fries at Burger King? They are cut to look like fries but they are made of chicken. I couldn't stomach them at 12:00 a.m. but I may give them a try today.


                                              Gimmicks like these might be why almost all the Burger Kings in Nashville have gone under.
                                               
                                              #23
                                                laytonj1

                                                • Total Posts: 82
                                                • Joined: 5/8/2005
                                                • Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
                                                RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 7:04 PM (permalink)
                                                Publix actually has really good chicken fingers/strips. Not greasy and very good flavor.
                                                 
                                                #24
                                                  Adjudicator

                                                  • Total Posts: 5057
                                                  • Joined: 5/20/2003
                                                  • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                  RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 7:11 PM (permalink)
                                                  Chicken as food.

                                                  The essence of all evil...
                                                   
                                                  #25
                                                    Sundancer7

                                                    RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 7:19 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by ctfrasier

                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by mousec

                                                    Has anyone tried the new chicken fries at Burger King? They are cut to look like fries but they are made of chicken. I couldn't stomach them at 12:00 a.m. but I may give them a try today.


                                                    Gimmicks like these might be why almost all the Burger Kings in Nashville have gone under.


                                                    I checked the website for BK and it appears to me that they have at least a dozen locations still operating in Nashville.

                                                    http://www.bk.com/cgi-bin/mqinterconnect.exe

                                                    Paul E. Smith
                                                    Knoxville, TN
                                                     
                                                    #26
                                                      carlton pierre

                                                      • Total Posts: 2500
                                                      • Joined: 7/12/2004
                                                      • Location: Knoxville, TN
                                                      RE: Chicken Fingers Thu, 07/21/05 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                                      Paul, I have no clue about dim sum in Knoxville anymore. the place I referenced above has gone out of business. Seems to me I've seen a place on Kingston Pike, just west of the Sitar, up the hill, advertising dim sum.
                                                      I loved the dim sum at the other place but the chicken feet were more than I could bear.
                                                       
                                                      #27
                                                        GordonW

                                                        • Total Posts: 924
                                                        • Joined: 11/13/2003
                                                        • Location: Chapel Hill, NC
                                                        RE: Chicken Fingers Fri, 07/22/05 1:39 AM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Gordon, I tried chicken feet at a dim sum place here in town and I cannot get the memory of it out of my mind. Would you say it was an acquired taste?

                                                        Can't rightly say that they are a favorite of mine. And I haven't seen McFeet on the menu yet....
                                                         
                                                        #28
                                                          fastfood

                                                          • Total Posts: 82
                                                          • Joined: 7/12/2005
                                                          • Location: S, MO
                                                          RE: Chicken Fingers Sat, 07/23/05 12:48 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by UncleVic

                                                          Ok, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread I've heard about Arbys... Are they still in business??
                                                          I stopped at one in Indiana last year (Wabash to be exact) and for 3.50 they served me this roast beef thing between a large slice of what appeared to be a Kaiser Roll.. I'll admit it did fill the void, but whatever that red stuff (resembled ketchup / catsup) flowed freely down my shirt and pants hit a really good nerve. I felt my emails to them may have caused them to close. But I have to say, they did not respond thus saving me from having my blood presure rise even higher...




                                                          Are we still in business? LOL nice joke.More then likely that thing was red ranch sauce (basically french dressing).I can assure you that you did not cause them to close.
                                                           
                                                          #29
                                                            fastfood

                                                            • Total Posts: 82
                                                            • Joined: 7/12/2005
                                                            • Location: S, MO
                                                            RE: Chicken Fingers Sat, 07/23/05 12:52 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by emsmom

                                                            Would you believe that my town had opened its third Arbys? I don't know how they all stay in business.
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by UncleVic

                                                            Ok, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread I've heard about Arbys... Are they still in business??
                                                            I stopped at one in Indiana last year (Wabash to be exact) and for 3.50 they served me this roast beef thing between a large slice of what appeared to be a Kaiser Roll.. I'll admit it did fill the void, but whatever that red stuff (resembled ketchup / catsup) flowed freely down my shirt and pants hit a really good nerve. I felt my emails to them may have caused them to close. But I have to say, they did not respond thus saving me from having my blood presure rise even higher...





                                                            And more and more will open in the future! We stay in business because we offer something different then your traditional fast food places. We're not like your mc'donalds,rallys,BK,jack in the box,white castles,we offer a variety of different fast foods.We will only continue to grow.Case in point our new granite city store that opened a few months ago did 15thousand its first day and they are outdoing that 15k often.15k is what some slower arbys make in a week.
                                                             
                                                            #30
                                                              Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 32

                                                              Jump to:

                                                              Current active users

                                                              There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                                              Icon Legend and Permission

                                                              • New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

                                                              2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com