Chicken for 70 People

Author
jellybear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1135
2006/03/24 13:57:32 (permalink)

Chicken for 70 People

Ive got a catering job this Tuesday and need a recipe for a chicken dish that will hold up in the Buffett for a couple hours.Thats counting travel time.I am thinking Chicken Picatta,put the sauce on when I get there.

8 Replies Related Threads

saps
    • Total Posts : 1565
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/24 14:52:30 (permalink)
    When cooking chicken for 50 or more people, I like to start with one large chicken. For 70 people, figure on getting one 90-95 lb. chicken, which you can find at any freakish local grocer within 20 miles of a nuclear power plant. My rule of thumb is that the more cooling towers at the plant, the larger the chickens will be in the area.

Rub the chicken with giant blocks of water softener salt and ex-New York Giants linebacker Pepper Johnson. Place on a pallet, slide into the garage, and close it up. Douse the garage liberally with any flammable fluid- the cheaper the better. Remember to throw some fluid on the inside as well. That is what gives the chicken it's crispiness. Leave all solutions, car waxes, etc. in the garage during cooking. Some of the flavors in those old cans of cleaning fluid can impart quite a taste into the chicken, provided that you are not bothered by toxic fumes.

Call your neighbors and tell them to stay in their homes. After about 2 hours, the roof should blow off of the garage. The chicken is now ready. Call the fire department in order to douse any remaining flames. If the chicken isn't cooked all the way through, do not restart the fire- a propane torch works well for selective manual cooking.

Using a pitchfork and a neighbor to hold the pitchfork, slice the chicken in an up-and-down motion with a Stihl MS 880 chain saw and serve on cheap, flimsy paper plates.

Recipe serves 70 people or 1 Oprah.

This works best when the you have an unattached garage.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15321
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/24 15:06:27 (permalink)
    Saps,
    Are you missing some medications today? Your post is certainly creative, but I am a bit concerned about your memory of the recipe. Perhaps some of those chemicals back in the 60's have resurfaced?
    Please let us know if there is anything we can do to restore your "sequence control".
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4609
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/24 16:13:49 (permalink)
    Should this be in the recipe forum, since it is more about the recipe than the chicken per se?
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/24 17:15:24 (permalink)
    Chicken Marsala would hold with no problem or Chicken Cacciatore {one of my favorites} but this all depends on the rest of the menu. Chow Jim
    jellybear
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/25 11:22:00 (permalink)
    Thanks Jim.I gave those two some thought already.Im doing boneless Chicken.
    And for you Jim,If I wanted a smart azz answer I would have asked Mr.Hoffman.Thank you,Thank you.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18866
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/25 11:44:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jellybear

And for you Jim,If I wanted a smart azz answer I would have asked Mr.Hoffman.Thank you,Thank you.

In keeping with your nasty comment one might ask why you slam Jim in the same message containing your thanks to him. On the other hand, who gives a rat's patoot?
    drsmoke02
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/25 16:50:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by saps

When cooking chicken for 50 or more people, I like to start with one large chicken. For 70 people, figure on getting one 90-95 lb. chicken, which you can find at any freakish local grocer within 20 miles of a nuclear power plant. My rule of thumb is that the more cooling towers at the plant, the larger the chickens will be in the area.

Rub the chicken with giant blocks of water softener salt and ex-New York Giants linebacker Pepper Johnson. Place on a pallet, slide into the garage, and close it up. Douse the garage liberally with any flammable fluid- the cheaper the better. Remember to throw some fluid on the inside as well. That is what gives the chicken it's crispiness. Leave all solutions, car waxes, etc. in the garage during cooking. Some of the flavors in those old cans of cleaning fluid can impart quite a taste into the chicken, provided that you are not bothered by toxic fumes.

Call your neighbors and tell them to stay in their homes. After about 2 hours, the roof should blow off of the garage. The chicken is now ready. Call the fire department in order to douse any remaining flames. If the chicken isn't cooked all the way through, do not restart the fire- a propane torch works well for selective manual cooking.

Using a pitchfork and a neighbor to hold the pitchfork, slice the chicken in an up-and-down motion with a Stihl MS 880 chain saw and serve on cheap, flimsy paper plates.

Recipe serves 70 people or 1 Oprah.

This works best when the you have an unattached garage.

I saw this on Emeril recently!
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: Chicken for 70 People 2006/03/25 17:33:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
    Originally posted by jellybear

In keeping with your nasty comment one might ask why you slam Jim in the same message containing your thanks to him. On the other hand, who gives a rat's patoot?

I think a proud daddy rat would. Assuming they don't elope.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1