Helpful ReplyHot!Chicken of the Month

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6255
Re:Chicken of the Month 2016/01/01 12:48:05 (permalink)
December, 2015

With a name like That BBQ Joint one might think I was there for a different reason, but not necessarily:

Fried chicken is a Saturday-only item and definitely ranks as one of the better versions I've found around here so far.  The crust had a slight peppery kick and the meat was either seasoned separately or picked up enough from the breading to have some nice flavor.

But since I was in a barbecue joint I figured I should give some a try, so test-drove a couple of ribs, a wing "drummie", and some brisket.

My sides were the brisket chili and ranch beans.

Overall the food was pretty good (nice rub on the drummie) and well-prepared (the ribs were right on for texture) but I would've liked to have had more smoke flavor (nothing new there) and maybe a little more salt in the beans.  Also, while the brisket was sliced instead of pulled/shredded like usual, it was quite thin and I would've preferred it to be a little thicker.  But again, that's just me.

I also got a pulled pork sandwich to go for my wife.  She liked the potato salad (the cranberries are an interesting touch) and the creamy slaw, but thought the pork was a bit dry.  Nothing a little sauce couldn't fix.

I'd easily return for the chicken and would like to give the barbecue another try, too.  Plus Underground Butcher is just down the street...
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9958
Re:Chicken of the Month 2016/01/01 14:12:21 (permalink)
Brad, that all looks so good!

I love Adam's Gift!
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1