The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Chipotle anyone?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 32
alwayshungry475

• Total Posts: 23
Chipotle anyone? Tue, 10/6/09 5:13 PM (permalink)
This is one of the very few fast food places that i really like. I know it's not "real" Mexican and is owned by McDonald's. Just trying to gauge what everyone thinks of them.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
    Re:Chipotle anyone? Wed, 10/7/09 11:32 AM (permalink)
    Mc Donalds divested Chipotle in 2006, the original founder is the CEO. These 2 threads should cover what you are asking for:

http://www.roadfood.com/F...h=Chipotle+restaurants

alwayshungry475

• Total Posts: 23
      Re:Chipotle anyone? Wed, 10/7/09 3:08 PM (permalink)
      kland01s

Mc Donalds divested Chipotle in 2006, the original founder is the CEO. These 2 threads should cover what you are asking for:

Thanks for the Links Kland01s

drpep

• Total Posts: 335
        Re:Chipotle anyone? Thu, 10/8/09 9:56 PM (permalink)
         South Park ripped the place pretty bad last night. Too gross to comment about here

Eatallday

• Total Posts: 76
          Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/9/09 2:18 PM (permalink)
          chipotle is awful, i'll take qdoba over that place, as well as taco bell.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7593
            Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/9/09 2:51 PM (permalink)
            Still dislike it.  Just has no taste.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
              Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/9/09 3:00 PM (permalink)
              drpep

South Park ripped the place pretty bad last night. Too gross to comment about here

Your statement seems to imply that somehow the South Park portrayal of the food at Chipotle is (or should be) relevant to one's actual real life opinion of the food at Chipotle.......that's not actually your intention, is it?

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
                Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/9/09 4:51 PM (permalink)
                 I watched that hilarious South Park bit last night on YouTube but today it says i'm in the wrong country to view it! They "do" rip Chipotle, big time!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
                  Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/9/09 5:22 PM (permalink)
                  But is that relevant to one's own opinion of the food at Chipotle?

Example

Person A: What do you think of the food at Chipotle?
                  Person B: Mike Judge hates it
                  Person A: ok, uhm, but what do YOU think of the food at Chipotle?
                  Person B: they really ripped into Chipotle's food on South Park
                  Person A: uhm....

drpep

• Total Posts: 335
                    Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 10/18/09 8:28 PM (permalink)
                      I pointed out that an adult oriented cartoon trashed Chipotle and that the trashing was too gross to comment on here.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                      Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 10/18/09 8:34 PM (permalink)
                      TJ Jackson

But is that relevant to one's own opinion of the food at Chipotle?

Example

Person A: What do you think of the food at Chipotle?
                      Person B: Mike Judge hates it
                      Person A: ok, uhm, but what do YOU think of the food at Chipotle?
                      Person B: they really ripped into Chipotle's food on South Park
                      Person A: uhm....

I'm still reeling from the guy saying he prefers Taco Bell to Chipotle.

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                        Re:Chipotle anyone? Mon, 10/19/09 12:03 AM (permalink)
                        TJ Jackson

drpep

Your statement seems to imply that somehow the South Park portrayal of the food at Chipotle is (or should be) relevant to one's actual real life opinion of the food at Chipotle.......that's not actually your intention, is it?

Where's the implication or inference?

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                          Re:Chipotle anyone? Tue, 10/20/09 1:45 PM (permalink)
                          I love Chipotle. Best Fast Food Corporate Food, IMO, in the US.

They make everything onsite. The one in crystal City (Arlington) VA is tops. I love their salads, and actually lost weight by having a salad per day (and some working out).

To say Taco bell is even close to Chipotle, is absurd. Or Qdoba, or Mighty Taco (sorry Buffalo).

McDonalds involvement was as an investment only. It is not a franchise.

Every Chipotle I've been to had been spotlessly clean, the service impeccable and friendly and the food has been fresh. Everytime.

I cannot say the same for ANY other chain, fast food, or sit down, franchise or corporate, in existance that I've been to.

South Park, is awesome, and funny, and is entertaining. However, even in their "controversial" material, they rarely take a side - other than Stan's "I learned something, today" - which often is more benign than the show itself.

tommyeats

• Total Posts: 277
                            Re:Chipotle anyone? Tue, 10/20/09 2:08 PM (permalink)
                            Scorereader

I love Chipotle. Best Fast Food Corporate Food, IMO, in the US.

They make everything onsite. 

it's my understanding that the carnitas is prepared offsite, and reheated onsite.

I don't see how anyone could fault the food at Chipotle.  It's all fresh, they're environmentally conscious,  they use notable suppliers,  and it's quite tasty.  It's hard to be critical of restaurant that's doing what other restaurants should be doing, and doing it before it became mainstream.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                              Re:Chipotle anyone? Tue, 10/20/09 5:26 PM (permalink)
                                I have only eaten at Chipotle a couple of times back in the 90's. I found the food to be fresh, well prepared, and tasty. This is when they only had a few outlets. I haven't been to one since I moved from Colorado 10 years ago. When I moved to Wickenburg I found a better place than Chipotle. It is called Rubio's. They make one of the best fish tacos I have ever had! Their salads are very good too.

JMHO

David O.

charlottesailor

• Total Posts: 43
                                Re:Chipotle anyone? Wed, 10/21/09 6:17 AM (permalink)
                                For chain fast food mexican Chipolte is very good.  Rubio's is also very good but I think they are different both in food and ambiance.  Although I prefer the way Rubio's used to be in the old days when they were only in San Diego.  I really think Rubio's should be compared to Wahoo's.  Chipolte should be compared to Baja Fresh which I think is very good (for fast food mex) Baja fresh is more corporate like while Chipolte is more LA/Seatle hip.

Boy I sure miss the choice of mexican food in the OC just not the same here in Southwest Florida.

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                                  Re:Chipotle anyone? Wed, 10/21/09 8:25 AM (permalink)
                                  I'm much more a fan of Baja Fresh than Chipotle. I liked the latter when they first arrived on the scene but after eating there a few times it all becomes the same...the novel factor wears off and you realize that it's all just the same slop lumped in a different wrapper. Baja Fresh has a wider menu with lots of options. Depending on where you are though, any corner Mexican restaurant will easily out do either of their burritos and for half the price!

eruby

• Total Posts: 585
                                    • Location: Carroll County, People's Republic of Maryland
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:Chipotle anyone? Wed, 10/21/09 2:17 PM (permalink)
                                    I've read online about a free burrito promotion on Halloween.  Not sure how elaborate the costume would need to be.

It's not on their website but it's posted on several freebie site.

http://www.freestufftimes.com/12/free-burrito-at-chipotle-on-halloween/

Scorereader

Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 10/23/09 4:24 PM (permalink)
                                      Have to disagree about Baja Fresh. They have those here as well.  They are a fresher version of Taco Bell, but not as good as Chipotle IMO. Keep in mind Chipotle sells Mission Burritos and then some tacos and salads as alternatives. It's not really a full scale Mexican Restaurant. So, one can't complain about the number of menu options. Taco Bell has lots of menu options, and it isn't really all that good.

I dunno, I had a salad just about every day and never got sick of it. then again, I'm a creature of habit by nature.

Alco251

• Total Posts: 74
                                        Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 11/1/09 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                        I don't fool myself by thinking Chipotles is authentic anything but Amerimex.  That said, it's really good Amerimex!  I go there at least once a week and get the bowl.  When I want real Mexican I go to Tacqueria Mercado.

Scorereader

Re:Chipotle anyone? Mon, 11/2/09 1:09 PM (permalink)
                                          they sell Mission Burritos. that's it. One can opt out and get a set of 3 tacos or a salad instead, but it's basically a place that sells one thing: Mission Burritos. I'm not familiar with "Amerimex,' but since Mission Burritos are a San Francisco thing, then fine, sure, it's American-Mexican food, born in San Francisco.

IntelligentT82

• Total Posts: 125
                                            Re:Chipotle anyone? Thu, 12/3/09 12:57 PM (permalink)
                                            Yea I go to the same Chipotle in Crystal City VA down the street from where I work and I loveee Chipotle.  I go to the one on Duke Street near Foxchase alot too.  I've worked at Chipotle and Qdoba so I know alot about both.  Chipotle's flavor (seasoning) is wayy better than Qdoba or Baja Fresh or any other similar place.  The ingrediants used at Chipotle are fresher and they use grain fed beef and naturally raised chicken at 99% of their locations.  rBGH free sour cream, don't want no hormones in my food. lol The Sour Cream at Qdoba tastes weird, and Bajas is a little bit better tasting but not better than Chipotles.
                                            Don't get my wrong, Qdoba and Baja are good but just not better than Chipotle.  I actually like certain items better at Qboda and Baja. 
                                            The Steak Tacos (3) at Qdoba are the bomb because for a burrito you really don't need chunky pieces of steak in it to fill it up, but tacos do in my opinion.  And Qdoba has chunkier pieces of steak so their tacos don't feel so empty.  Plus the Three Cheese Queso sauce at Qdoba is off the chain.  The Burrito Bowl at Qdoba is pretty good too, and its bigger than Chipotles but I still like Chipotles Burrito Bowls better overall.  Plus, Qdoba has good quesadillas which Chipotle doesn't have.
                                            I like the Shrimp or Chicken tacos (3) at Baja Fresh.  Baja Fresh salsa (in flavor) surpasses Chipotle and Qdoba.  Notice Chipotle doesn't have shrimp.  Plus, Chipotle's chicken is greasy to me for some reason.  Baja Fresh Chicken is better.  That's why I only get steak (sometimes barbacoa) when I go to Chipotle.
                                            Qdoba has a tendency to make me feel bloated after eating it, but Chipotle rarely makes me feel that way. I actually lose weight when I eat at Chipotle, go figure.
                                            So overall Chipotle wins because of flavor(wish they blow everyone out of the water on), best burritos, and best burrito bowls.
                                            <message edited by IntelligentT82 on Thu, 12/3/09 1:19 PM>

jonjax71

• Total Posts: 435
                                              Re:Chipotle anyone? Fri, 12/4/09 11:00 PM (permalink)
                                              Cacapotle has gots to be the worse crap ever, they go nuts using way too much rice. When I was in Denver during the DNC,  my wife and I tried then, after half way through our burritos we just got up and walked out. Qdoba was better but nothing to boast about either. When Baja was still a local family owned L A chain they were good but like others, once they went franchise, they ciocled the drain. I used to like a small chain called L A Salsa but they have become too inconsistent, some outlets are good and some are not. Wahoo's is above average but they are beginning their decline as they continue to expand

Fortunately living in So Cal we have no shortages of indy familly run eateries, in fact it's an endless quest never to be ended with myraid of regional styles tacos, burritos, bowls to explore

That'sMyDawg

• Total Posts: 421
                                                Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 12/6/09 8:10 AM (permalink)
                                                alwayshungry475

This is one of the very few fast food places that i really like. I know it's not "real" Mexican and is owned by McDonald's. Just trying to gauge what everyone thinks of them.

My wife loves this place, I was not as impressed with the food or the store set up for a chain with that much money. The food was "alright" to me but I don't feel the portions match the price. (customer gets the short end of the stick). People like them and my wife eats there at least every two weeks but its just not for me. I seem to like Qdobe better and feel you get a little more for your money. To each his own.

TraderJosephine

• Total Posts: 1
                                                  Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 04/11/10 1:49 PM (permalink)

I love chipoltle! I really like it on Quesadillas, do you think it would go well with these?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                                                    Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 04/11/10 2:07 PM (permalink)
                                                    TraderJosephine

I love chipoltle! I really like it on Quesadillas, do you think it would go well with these?

Um, http://www.chipotle.com/#/land

MiamiDon

Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 04/11/10 3:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      I think that was a SPAM post, and her link to "these" didn't post.

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
                                                        • Location: Dallas... DFW area
                                                        Re:Chipotle anyone? Sun, 04/11/10 4:23 PM (permalink)
                                                        Their "bowls" were mentioned on a thread I started about healthy fast foods. Any input???
                                                        Joe

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                                          • Location: Surprise, AZ
                                                          Re:Chipotle anyone? Mon, 04/12/10 2:41 AM (permalink)
                                                           Dang, I thought it was a thread for chipotle peppers in general.
                                                           I use them in a lot of applications both in the restaurant and at home. Oh well, I'll post a thread in the recipes section.

David O.

Scorereader

• Location: Crofton, MD
                                                            Re:Chipotle anyone? Mon, 04/12/10 8:49 AM (permalink)
                                                            PapaJoe8

Their "bowls" were mentioned on a thread I started about healthy fast foods. Any input???
                                                            Joe

I don't know about the bowls, but the salads are healthy. At one point, I was exercising at a gym and after my workout had a Chipotle salad every day (fajita style: no beans or rice) and lost 30 pounds.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 32

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com