Chocalate Pie Recipe

Author
jellybear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1135
2004/11/09 10:02:00 (permalink)

Chocalate Pie Recipe

I have been dreaming of a Chocalate pie for the last couple of days,and I am not talking about the instant pudding type,I mean the kind those little old ladies bring to Church for homecomings with the Meringune piled to the sky and the filling so sweet.Anybody got a good one?

2 Replies Related Threads

tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1968
    RE: Chocalate Pie Recipe 2004/11/16 15:47:53 (permalink)
    I had hoped that you would get a better answer than I can provide. My grandmother was one of those church bake sale ladies, and I can impart what little I remember......
    She used a packaged cooked, not instant pudding. She prebaked the pie crust just a little. Into a hot crust she added her hot (but not fully "set") pudding mixture to which she had added egg yokes. (I don't remember how many or when or how she blended them in) She then baked the pie some more as with a pumkin pie. She did not add meringune, as she did on her lemon pies. Chocolate pies got cream after they cooled. Depending where you live, Wrights Dairy Farm in Rhode Island does a killer chocolate cream pie, but it is not always in stock. You may be able to order one.
    SOS
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Chocalate Pie Recipe 2004/11/16 17:15:31 (permalink)
    Cook's Illustrated ran a recipe for a chocolate pie (available on their site) that's really good. I made it for my grandpa and he was over the moon -- hasn't stopped talking about it since. It is slightly untraditional, though: it has a whipped cream topping and an Oreo crust (highly reccommended!) and the filling is rather dark and complex, as opposed to super-sweet. Like all CI recipes, it's very precise, but well worth the trouble!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1