The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Chocolate chip cookies from Raquette Lake

HughYeman

• Total Posts: 84
Chocolate chip cookies from Raquette Lake Tue, 08/2/05 11:31 AM (permalink)
Over the weekend I tried the chocolate chip cookies from the general store in Raquette Lake, a small town in the middle of the Adirondacks. It was one of those experiences where you think to yourself "Now, I'm only going to have a bit of this huge thing right now..." and then you take that bite and your eyes bug out and you're enthusing to anyone who'll listen about how good it is, and before you know it you've eaten the whole thing. I don't think I've had chocolate chip cookies that good since I was a child. They're soft, but satisfyingly crusty on the outside. The inside has that satisfyingly dense chewy layer, and I'm pretty sure there's a hint of oatmeal: not enough to overwhelm the chocolatey flavor, but enough to give it a really interesting taste and texture. I will be making more detours to Raquette Lake from now on.

-Hugh

HughYeman

• Total Posts: 84
    RE: Chocolate chip cookies from Raquette Lake Mon, 08/8/05 9:33 AM (permalink)
    For the sake of full disclosure I should say that I was there again this past weekend and the cookies were *totally* different. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. I don't know if they had a different source, or what, but this place seems to be very inconsistent.

-Hugh

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com