Chow Worthy Places Near WV State Resorts?

Author
donw9876
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 295
2011/08/09 17:55:39 (permalink)

Chow Worthy Places Near WV State Resorts?

My wife and I want to take a vacation at one of West Virginia's state park resorts. But I don't want maroon us without some decent local alternatives to the on site restaurant or snack shops. I recall from past experiences that WV is so remote that unless you stay in tourism oriented areas finding good places to eat can be tough. We had good experiences at places in the Canaan Valley and also around Hawks Nest (the latter has some options but they're sparse). But we don't feel like repeating these trips this year.

So I will give some weight to accessibility of the resort we select to "good eats".

Areas under consideration:

Cacapon Resort
North Bend
Pipestem Resort
Twin Falls Resort
Tygart Lake

Cacapon (we've never been there) appears to be the leader for its accessibility to Berkeley Springs which is a tourist destination.

But we also want to be remote so the other places are under consideration. We like BBQ joints and the like.

Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

steveindurham3
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re:Chow Worthy Places Near WV State Resorts? 2011/08/09 19:46:53 (permalink)
    Near New River Gorge State Park on Hwy 19 there are some great places in Fayetteville, WV.

The Cathedral Cafe - great breakfast spot
    Sedona Grill - good dinner spot (Steaks, southwestern)
    Pies and Pints Pizzeria - outstanding pizza
    Gumbo's - Cajun food (very good)
    Rezan's - eclectic menu
     There is another new spot in Fayetteville but I haven't been there yet.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1