The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Christmas ice cream treats

p4n415

• Total Posts: 3
Christmas ice cream treats Sun, 12/11/05 8:51 AM (permalink)
Say, I don't know if they sell these anymore but I remembered in my childhood in the 70's and 80's when they had these vanilla ice cream balls that were covered in coconut with a candle on the top. (Or was it a wax holly leaf and berries?) I can't find these anymore! Doesn't anyone remember what I'm talking about?

BunnySlippers

• Total Posts: 126
    RE: Christmas ice cream treats Sun, 12/11/05 11:48 AM (permalink)
    I remember these from when I was growing up in Greensboro, NC in the late sixties and early seventies. All the "Nice Southern Lady" friends of my parents always served them at Christmas teas and dinner parties - my young sensibilities were very impressed, I recall both the candles (earlier) and the plastic holly(later)and I believe they were served in little fluted paper cups.

I recall that they came from Guilford Dairies store, which later became United Dairies, then disappeared altogether. I haven't seen them in years though. Ahh, fond memories. As a youngster I thought these were the height of sophistication.

... Bunny

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
      RE: Christmas ice cream treats Thu, 12/15/05 4:24 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by BunnySlippers

I remember these from when I was growing up in Greensboro, NC in the late sixties and early seventies. All the "Nice Southern Lady" friends of my parents always served them at Christmas teas and dinner parties - my young sensibilities were very impressed, I recall both the candles (earlier) and the plastic holly(later)and I believe they were served in little fluted paper cups.

I recall that they came from Guilford Dairies store, which later became United Dairies, then disappeared altogether. I haven't seen them in years though. Ahh, fond memories. As a youngster I thought these were the height of sophistication.

... Bunny

I remember in the 1950's, My Mother and her Sisters, made these for Teas and Showers,aoo of us kids thought they were really awesome and fancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com