Chum Gum

Author
klamb14
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/06/06 17:26:18 (permalink)

Chum Gum

I am looking for an old-fashioned type of gum called Chum Gum. I have read that this type of gum is no longer produced, however, I was wondering if anyone would know where I may buy the original, or know of anyone who sells 50's candy.

Thanks!

7 Replies Related Threads

rebeltruce
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    RE: Chum Gum 2007/06/07 14:30:21 (permalink)
    I am sorry to tell you that Chum Gum isn't available anywhere...I too have search the internet and across the globe looking for this delicacy.

That purpley colored stick of chewing gum heaven simply isn't available anymore. Oh there are a couple bubble gums out there that have a similiar taste, but none live up that indescribable flavor. There are some gums out there that will turn your mouth into a rainbow of color, but none that will turn your tongue that lovely shade of purple that a nice fresh stick of Chum Gum would.

R.I.P. Chum Gum I miss you.....
    lymond6
    Junior Burger
    RE: Chum Gum 2007/06/08 14:50:45 (permalink)
    Regarding your message below, about Chum Gum, I sure loved that as a kid, too. I remember smuggling (grin) it often in grades 4 to 6. As to buying it, I have checked many websites which sell retro candy and gum, and they all told me it was not available. However, there was a fellow on eBay a few weeks ago who was selling it in bundles of seven sticks (yes, I know, it used to come in two packs where I lived, so go figure). I just searched, and he seems NOT to be selling any at the time of this posting, but you may want to search eBay in future, or even contact him by email. His name was DONALD DORWART, and his eBay user I.D. was BIGDON45. Drop him a line at BIGDON45@AOL.COM, maybe he still has some, or has a source for some. I wish you great luck!

Best, Steve
    quote:
    Originally posted by klamb14

I am looking for an old-fashioned type of gum called Chum Gum. I have read that this type of gum is no longer produced, however, I was wondering if anyone would know where I may buy the original, or know of anyone who sells 50's candy.

Thanks!

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    RE: Chum Gum 2007/06/12 13:01:11 (permalink)
    Well, with a name like "Chum Gum" I am reminded of the famous "ABC" gum popular in my childhood.
    Now, who knows what "ABC Gum" was????
    Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Chum Gum 2007/06/12 17:30:02 (permalink)
    Already Been Chewed!
    nmarin38
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Chum Gum 2008/06/03 15:29:24 (permalink)

Thanks!

Hi just recently purchased 4 sticks from ebay!!!! not planning to eat them! but I do know that chum gum was distributed/manufactured by FLEER in Chicago,Il.but is now is owned by NESTLE.I do wish that they would bring back chum-gum.please inform me if you here of anything,Thanx
    nmarin38
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Chum Gum 2008/06/03 15:35:56 (permalink)
    Originally posted by lymond6

Regarding your message below, about Chum Gum, I sure loved that as a kid, too. I remember smuggling (grin) it often in grades 4 to 6. As to buying it, I have checked many websites which sell retro candy and gum, and they all told me it was not available. However, there was a fellow on eBay a few weeks ago who was selling it in bundles of seven sticks (yes, I know, it used to come in two packs where I lived, so go figure). I just searched, and he seems NOT to be selling any at the time of this posting, but you may want to search eBay in future, or even contact him by email. His name was DONALD DORWART, and his eBay user I.D. was BIGDON45. Drop him a line at BIGDON45@AOL.COM, maybe he still has some, or has a source for some. I wish you great luck!

Best, Steve

Thanks!

I just recieved chum gum from ebay.. not sure if he has anymore? also i'm pretty sure bigdon45 is the seller give him a try!!!
    libraryldy
    Junior Burger
    RE: Chum Gum 2010/01/24 02:00:49 (permalink)
    I saw the post on Ebay for Chum Gum...he was selling it for 7$ per stick!  I was tempted...but my husband would have killed me!  :-)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1