Churrascarias?

Author
Adri
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/02/17 17:01:37 (permalink)

Churrascarias?

I am in NYC. I want to take my husband for his birthday to a Churrascaria and I am thinking about "Churrascaria Plataforma" or "Greenfields". I have heard about "Master Grill" and another Churrascaria near to Central Park which name I don't remember. Does anyone have any recomendation or suggestion? Which restaurant is the best in terms of food, service and price? Thank you!!!

8 Replies Related Threads

kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 838
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/02/22 08:11:34 (permalink)
    If you check the list of restaurants on this site for New York, you'll find Churrasqueira Bairrada in Mineola. While it is noted for it's chicken, I think they do offer the dining experience you are looking for. We're from Suffolk county and find the trek worth it. Find the listing and follow the link to their site. We prefer a Sunday afternoon dinner there, it gets very busy. Very family friendly and a great staff.
    Jumbo HotDog
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/09 23:52:25 (permalink)
    If you don't mind driving across hudson, there's one in NJ by Route 4...not sure if it's greenfield's though...but I know it's a churrascaria. good food. good service.
    SouthHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 00:23:25 (permalink)
    What is a "Churrascaria.?!"
    Lucky Bishop
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 01:43:49 (permalink)
    SouthHillbilly: It's a Brazilian steakhouse, usually all you can eat. Think of men walking around carrying swords filled with spit-roasted meats and offering to cut you slices, as you shovel black beans and rice down your gullet as fast as you can.
    SouthHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 09:37:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

SouthHillbilly: It's a Brazilian steakhouse, usually all you can eat. Think of men walking around carrying swords filled with spit-roasted meats and offering to cut you slices, as you shovel black beans and rice down your gullet as fast as you can.

Sounds good.
    Sounds trendy.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 09:56:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by SouthHillbilly

quote:
    Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

Sounds good.
    Sounds trendy.

Don't know if I'd consider them trendy. They've been around for quite a while now.

If Adri ever comes back to us, I'd be curious to hear about the one near Central Park, because it doesn't come to mind. I hope he didn't bother trekkin out to Greenfields. If he was already in Manhattan, he was better off at Plataforma.
    Lucky Bishop
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 13:40:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by SouthHillbilly
    Sounds good.
    Sounds trendy.

In some parts of the country, maybe, although as Spudnut says, they've been around for a long time -- I went to my first one back when I was living in Albuquerque, a place called Tucanos on Central Ave next to the Century Theatres.

Here in Allston, where half the town went insane when Brazil won the World Cup and you can buy guarana at any supermarket and convenience store, it's more like home cooking. There's four Brazilian restaurants (that I know of!), including a full-fledged churrascaria, within six blocks of our house!
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7027
    RE: Churrascarias? 2005/03/10 22:38:23 (permalink)
    I've eaten in churrascarias in Boston and NY and thought they were reasonably good. Then I went to Brasil. The two best were in Belo Horizonte and Rio de Janiero. My goodness, there was more food than anyone could imagine! And it was AWESOME!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1