Chuy's Knoxville

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13525
2012/09/01 18:25:17 (permalink)

Chuy's Knoxville

I am not necessarily a chain fan but this particular chain has been getting rave reviews in Knoxville.  My daughter has been there as well as a number of my friends.  The only issue they had were the long 45 minute waits.  All indicated that the food was outstanding and not cheap.  It is apparently a Tex-Mex type of menu.  I have attached their web site and perhaps some of you have been there?

http://www.chuys.com/#/about

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

8 Replies Related Threads

TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4596
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/01 19:27:18 (permalink)
    They must be expanding rapidly - we just got word this week that they will be opening their northernmost location in the Greater Cincinnati area sometime soon
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8115
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/01 21:30:04 (permalink)
    We ate at Chuy's in McKinney, Texas.
    Having eaten at a lot of Mexican restaurants in California I was not impressed.

We had to wait close to an hour to get in and the food for me was mediocre. 

What turned it in to a negative meal for me was that on the menu the thing they were trying to impress was their three different kinds of salsa.

I had to ask repeatedly for them to bring me some salsas.  By the time they arrived, the food was cold.

It was terribly loud inside and what's with all the hubcaps on the ceiling?  You have to know that they can't efficiently clean them. 

So I sat there thinking (while waiting for the salsas) that the hubcaps are laden with dust waiting to descent upon my plate.

It would never be my choice of places to eat.

However, if you live in a city that doesn't not have any Tex-Mex or Mexican restaurants you'll probably like it because it's different from what you're used to.

Cookie cutter chain restaurant.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10332
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/02 02:25:15 (permalink)
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/05 12:09:39 (permalink)
    Sundancer7

I am not necessarily a chain fan but this particular chain has been getting rave reviews in Knoxville.  My daughter has been there as well as a number of my friends.  The only issue they had were the long 45 minute waits.  All indicated that the food was outstanding and not cheap.  It is apparently a Tex-Mex type of menu.  I have attached their web site and perhaps some of you have been there?

http://www.chuys.com/#/about

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

I hadn't heard of it, Paul but I think the menu looks rather bland and unintersting.  Maybe you'll be the daring one and give us a full report.

HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/11 13:52:28 (permalink)
    There is one in Selma, about a couple of miles from me, and still haven't eaten there.When one of the ladies at work left to go to her new job, we were going to go there after work for drinks,etc. I went there, but couldn't find anywhere to part.The majority of the people sitting out on the patio looked like they were all college age and place was packed.This was last summer.The building had been another restaurant, and the parking lot ,the majority of it slopes down the hill. I have plenty of mexican places in Schertz to eat at. Besides, I could get into Reubens at the bottom of the hill much easier,and Reuben's in Selma has been there for over 20 or more years.It's a bar, but also a restaurant.may have to try it sometime.
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/11 14:41:22 (permalink)
    Reminds me of Chevy's.
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 806
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/11 16:36:00 (permalink)
    Robb Walsh, the Tex-Mex food guru loves Chuy's.
    Uncle Groucho
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re:Chuy's Knoxville 2012/09/11 19:14:17 (permalink)
    We have a Chuys in Clarksville Ind that has a taco and salsa station in the back of an old Chevy. The Chuys in Louisville had so much STUFF hanging from the ceiling that a 4 x 8 section fell on the customers while they were eating.
    The food was pretty good and they are always crowded.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1