Cincinnati hotdogs

Author
baughman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 116
2004/08/22 08:21:09 (permalink)

Cincinnati hotdogs

I am looking for hotdog stands in the Cincinnati ,Dayton area that arent in the cinci chilli line of dog. Does anyone know of any? There was a Chicago place in the Middletown mall a few years ago that did a good Chicago dog. Plus they had the greatest thing I have ever tasted. He called it a moonrizer. Was dough rapped around sauce cheese and I got sausage which he cooked up every morning. then he deep fried it and sprinkled it with salt. Man that was tasted.
Am hoping in the next few years to open a Hotdog stand in area and would love to do some more research( aa who am I kiding I just love a good hotdog and am getting tired of cinci dogs)
I know that Sonics and Dairy Queen do a dog, but am hoping there is an actual hotdog place around.

Baughman

3 Replies Related Threads

TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4564
    RE: Cincinnati hotdogs 2004/08/23 08:18:40 (permalink)
    Cincinnati is as far as I know devoid of dog places other than the chili parlors.

You'll occasionally find a good dog (or better yet a brat or spicey mett) hot off the grill at one of the many local summer church festivals, and of course during Oktoberfest, but other than that, nada.

Even more damning for the city that was once hailed as "Porkopolis" and still holds a Marathon called the "Flying Pig": if you go to the[url='http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/dining/']local newspaper's dining website[/url] and use the search feature on the right hand side, hot dogs isn't even a listed category.
    Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: Cincinnati hotdogs 2004/08/23 23:59:10 (permalink)
    Based on Queenie's Weenies and Flo's Hot Dogs, two mediocre doghouses from Greater Cincinnati's recent past, I can't say that local hotdog stands are missed. The impression I got from both places was that it was something that had already been done better elsewhere. If you're serious about opening a place, think outside the traditional lines and try to come up with something different.
    AndrewO
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Cincinnati hotdogs 2004/08/29 16:58:28 (permalink)
    I'm in a similar boat Baughman, I'm loved chili dogs in Ga but when i moved to cinci last year, the chili is a totally diferent animal and I can't take it at all. The best plade I've found so far was thanks to this site and is the Root Beer stand in Sharonville. The link to Michael's review is below. It's still a Coney dog but it doesn't have the spices in the chili like Skyline does so I like it better and the rootbeer is fantastic. Ive been told by friends that they make it on premises using well water.

http://roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=512
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1