Cincy Trip, Part Zwei

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5416
2004/07/15 10:14:24 (permalink)

Cincy Trip, Part Zwei

I just found out that I'll be leaving for Cincy this Sunday, the 18th. This will be my 3rd year in a row to go in July. Last yearI posted a travel log here about my gastronomic experiences while in route and while there. Do you fine folks want a repeat?

I'll be looking for new places to eat and will revisit a few old favorites.

I'll definetely be going to Grater's for ice cream and I found 3 different BBQ places to try. I'll be going to Izzy's for corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Otherwise I'm looking for suggestions.

Oh, and lets not forget Jungle Jim's market. I'll hit this up on the way into town Sunday to stock the pantry at the kitchenette I'll have for the week.

MikeS.

6 Replies Related Threads

Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/16 12:58:46 (permalink)
    Sure, we want to hear about it. In great detail.

Oh, yeah.
    greasewheel
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/16 13:15:43 (permalink)
    Not to threadjack Mike, but do you by chance work for the Federal Government? I do & have been to training in Covington/Cincinatti a few times over the years. Last time there I indulged on my own Roadfood experiences. My favorites were Camp Washington, Graeters, and believe it or not, I too ate many White Castle sliders being that they were right near my hotel. I agree with you about Gold Star. Too much cheese but ok for a quick 5-way for lunch when pressed for time. I also ate at La Rosa's and found the pizza good, but no where near the quality of CT & NY pizza (I prefer Modern in New Haven). Wish I knew about Jungle Jim's. Next time I'm out that way I'll definitely check it out. Looking foward to hearing about your RF experience on this trip.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15244
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/16 13:41:21 (permalink)
    Greasewheel, check the junglejim.com site for a weekly grocery ad. It is fun to read, and the prices may surprise you!
    I never cease to be amazed at the place...and am waiting to ride the almost completed Monorail around the store(s).
    greasewheel
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/16 15:14:07 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info Al. Forgot to mention one last thing Mike. I don't know if they have in in Cincy but in Covington at any convenience store they carry the infamous soda (pop) called Ale81. Very spicy and different type of ginger-ale. Try one if you get the chance. Remember, if you get it in the glass bottle variety the caps are not twist off. This gave me plenty of entertainment in my hotel room at 11:00pm trying to figure out a way to open the darn thing!
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5416
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/17 20:04:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by greasewheel

Not to threadjack Mike, but do you by chance work for the Federal Government?

Yes I do, a branch of the Tresury. We have a large site in Covington and a traing site in a building downtown. That's where I'll be for the week. Grater's and Camp Washington are already on the must do list. As well as the new to me Saigon out past Jungle Jim's. I'll try to get there Sunday night right after JJ's. Got to stop there for some grocieries to fill the kitchennette :)

MikeS.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15244
    RE: Cincy Trip, Part Zwei 2004/07/17 20:42:00 (permalink)
    I always enjoy reading folks reaction to and shopping success's at Jungle Jim's. It certainly is an amazing store.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1