Cinelli's in Cary, NC

Author
DLnWPBrown
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
2005/01/05 23:31:39 (permalink)

Cinelli's in Cary, NC

The wife and I visited one of our favorite Italian places here, Cinelli's on Kildare Farm Road this evening and I tried something new that floored me. I ordered Tortellini Carbonara which was out of this world.

Here's what it is: Tortellini Carbonara $10.50
Italian Bacon & Prosciutto, browned with Shallots & Butter, simmered with Heavy Cream & Parmesan Cheese.

To this is added a huge amount of cheese tortellini and I had them to add grilled chicken breast for $3.75. When it arrived I added a good dose of crushed red pepper. I about died, that's how good it was. I planned to order the alfredo but tried this instead and it is a new favorite for future consideration on visits there.

Has anyone else had a dish simiular to this?

Dennis in Cary

3 Replies Related Threads

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Cinelli's in Cary, NC 2005/01/06 07:57:52 (permalink)
    Carbonara sauce (sauce in the style of the charcoal makers) is a VERY old sauce in italy---remember, thay didnt eat tomatoes until they had been cooking for a couple of thousand years. Simple,elegant and very tasty!! i love it! You should try making it home--its easy------and addictive!
    prius
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 109
    RE: Cinelli's in Cary, NC 2005/01/06 08:39:23 (permalink)
    Cinelli' pizza is simple and fantastic...their simple thin crust is superb...I believe they call it Grandma's Pizza.
    DLnWPBrown
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 832
    RE: Cinelli's in Cary, NC 2005/01/06 14:00:46 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by prius

Cinelli' pizza is simple and fantastic...their simple thin crust is superb...I believe they call it Grandma's Pizza.

http://www.cinellis-nc.com/

Here is their Cary site..... I think the pizza you are referring to is Grandma's pizza as you said. We love the Pop's pizza too.

I may have to attempt to make this dish at home. Also there rolls that come with the meal are to die for too.

Dennis in Cary
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1