Claim Company

Author
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1092
2004/04/13 12:48:27 (permalink)

Claim Company

Does anyone remember the Claim Company restaurant in Chicago? It was on North Clark Street in Lincoln Park and closed more than 20 years ago. My family used to go there quite often. Big, thick juicy burgers. The motif was California Gold Rush, and if I recall correctly, the menu was inscribed onto the plate itself.

Now, the best burgers within the city limits are probably at Moody's Pub on North Broadway and at Gold Coast Dogs - great char-burgers.

4 Replies Related Threads

chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3308
    RE: Claim Company 2004/05/03 15:59:20 (permalink)
    The Claim Company had a second restaurant in Northbrook Court. The place was trendy, the lines were long, and there was lots of stiff competition: RJ Grunts, Fritz That's It, Charlie Beinlichs, Glenview House, and Hackney's on Lake & Harms. Moody's Pub had great cheeseburgers in the 60's and 70's. Recent reviews don't reflect their past.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: Claim Company 2004/05/03 17:36:13 (permalink)
    There is a chain of restaurants using that theme and price-range called CLAIMJUMPER out west. They may be an offshoot or just a resurrection of the name. Mainly in California, but spreading fast I believe. This is not a fast food place, but rather a sit-down arrangement. Notes for it's dessert offerings of Huge ice cream pie/cake slices.
    Here's their Web-Site.....http://www.claimjumper.com/
    Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2314
    RE: Claim Company 2004/05/03 19:30:59 (permalink)
    Claimjumper is a very well-run outfit. I'd like to see them succeed more widely. Last I knew, they were only in California and Las Vegas. I designed their house beers back in the mid-nineties, and at the time, they were excellent. I haven't been to one in several years, but remember them kindly.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: Claim Company 2004/05/03 19:55:02 (permalink)
    Pete,
    They are reaching out a bit...not always a good sign for quality-control! But according to the website Washington, Arizona are current building sites and Chicago will be next.
    We had one at Foothill Blvd and the I-15 in Fontana that used to be busy as heck all day. The big "Share" desserts got a lot of attention when they were presented. I did have a pretty good Tri-Tip Sandwich there last winter on the trip out west.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1