Claw's foodtruck build

Author
iiiclaw
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2013/02/12 02:59:28 (permalink)

Claw's foodtruck build

Hi guys,
I'm new to posting on this forum but I've been loitering about reading how others here have and are building their own food trucks. If not for great examples such as TheWildDog and Reese77 I might not have even started on this venture. So thank you all for sharing, It seems only fair I share as well.

So far I have purchased a 1994 Chevy P30 for $2800 dollars. The miles on it are 94k (definitely original if Car-Fax reports are to be believed; and I think they are.) The transmission was replaced in with a GM refurbished model in 2009, but the car has only driven 10k since then... so, it might as well be new... I think I got a great deal on the important components of the car, but much is lacking in the cosmetic/comfort portion of the truck, as I have spent the last month (when time permits) fixing many electrical problems with the car (headlights/blower motor/windshield wipers/marker lights/gauge lights/dome lights etc) The biggest lesson I learned through those challenges was to make sure to find and buy a copy of your vehicles Service Manual that is intended for repair shops, not Chiltons or Hayes or their likes as they have very little information and cost just as much as the real deal. I got mine on Ebay.

Now That I have my tax refund (yay) I now have 6k to build the rest of the truck.... (I'll pause so you can laugh)
No, but seriously, I'd like to get as far as possible on those limited funds, anything I need beyond that I'll have to save up for much more
slowly...

Here's a link to my photo bucket Album.
http:// s1284.beta.photobucket .com/user/iiiclaw/library/foodtruck
(remove the spaces)

I hope to post again soon.
post edited by iiiclaw - 2013/02/12 03:03:35

5 Replies Related Threads

iiiclaw
    Junior Burger
    Re:Claw's foodtruck build 2013/02/12 03:02:17 (permalink)
    Oh, and here's a nice website that shows a seriously minimalist approach to building a food truck. which is what I think I need to be aiming
    for in order to have a chance at accomplishing this. But I do want insulation, unlike them! They might be able to get away with that in Portland where is cloudy or at least fresh most of the time, but I live in San Diego!

http:// portlandfoodtrailers .com/inventory/food-trucks/
    (remove the spaces)
    post edited by iiiclaw - 2013/02/12 03:04:24
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2018
    Re:Claw's foodtruck build 2013/02/12 17:51:57 (permalink)
    iii.......you might want to post this in the Pro Section at the bottom of the Forums, you will get more responses.
    As far as the trailer builder, I would not put my name on any of that work!
    I really like their use of the mis matched clearance isle bathroom lighting and sink fixtures.......And the best of all, The Gold Mirrored Closet Door turned on its side, hung over the sink on several of their rigs!
    post edited by chefbuba - 2013/02/12 18:00:16
    iiiclaw
    Junior Burger
    Re:Claw's foodtruck build 2013/02/13 12:49:00 (permalink)
    Your right. On both accounts :)
    The quality of their work is low, and I need to move this thread to the right place...

Do I need to ask someone to move it? I would delete it and start over there but I'm not finding that option either...
    iiiclaw
    Junior Burger
    Re:Claw's foodtruck build 2013/02/13 13:04:17 (permalink)
    I see... I can delete my own messages but not my own threads, so I guess I do need someone to do that for me, or move it.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2018
    Re:Claw's foodtruck build 2013/02/13 15:23:24 (permalink)
    Just copy and paste it to the other forum. This one will die on its own.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1