Coca Cola Cake

Author
scenicrec
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2003/09/04 00:22:16 (permalink)

Coca Cola Cake

I've been told that a delicious cake can me prepared by adding a can of cola to a box of chocolate cake mix. I'd love to know if this is true, but I'm kind of cheap and don't want to spend my hard-earned unless I know it will work. Has anyone tried this? How about with "exotic" flavors like root beer or Dr. Pepper?

2 Replies Related Threads

Stogie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: Coca Cola Cake 2003/09/04 10:10:54 (permalink)
    Hi scenicrec!

There are far too many to copy and paste, so let me give you a link. This is a recent discussion thread looking for soad-pop recipes. There are many non-dessert recipes, but, many, many cake ones as well.

Note that all the pop companies have cookbooks you can request for free. Also, never, ever use a diet pop when cooking!! The aspartame turns poisinous when heated.

http://www.copykat.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=218582

Stogie
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2876
    RE: Coca Cola Cake 2003/09/04 12:14:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stogie

Hi scenicrec!

There are far too many to copy and paste, so let me give you a link. This is a recent discussion thread looking for soad-pop recipes. There are many non-dessert recipes, but, many, many cake ones as well.

Note that all the pop companies have cookbooks you can request for free. Also, never, ever use a diet pop when cooking!! The aspartame turns poisinous when heated.

http://www.copykat.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=218582

Stogie

Really? We've been using diet 7-up to make diabetic baked apples forever. Maybe 7-up doesn't use aspartame?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1