Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!!

Author
Michael Anderson
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
2003/07/27 16:54:49 (permalink)

Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!!

Last week I posted a New Topic having to do with Cocktail Music. Somehow, it disappeared mysteriously. Michael Stern...on top of things as always...assures me it was not the doing of our motley moderators; and reiterates further saying "Roadfood incourages 'open discussions'...the Topic was most appropriate". So, "THANKS" to the "ROADKING", I'll reiterate too: www.cocktailpiano.com offers,exclusively, elegant solo piano tunes with a gentle touch that is reminecent of a time nearly forgotten. Some of us(many I think) may remember sitting in a Cocktail Lounge enjoying a beverage in the good company of a friend(or more)while listning to the "sweet sounds" of that magical musician. It was, most likely, a dimly lit room with others sharing a common feeling of comfort and commorodery; all tied together,at that "Happy Hour", by this One unifying thing____ the cocktail piano(.com ) Well, there you have IT. Check IT out! I know, I'm showing my age and sensitivities...BUT, I think IT ROCKS!!

7 Replies Related Threads

seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/07/27 22:28:02 (permalink)
    It's long gone Michael, but God, how we loved it all those years ago...

At the Yellowstone Inn last fall, at the cocktail hour, a gentleman came out and sat at the piano and played Mozart, Beethoven, Shubert, etc. Nice, but not some guy who knew a thousand tunes and could fake a thousand more...
    Michael Anderson
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/07/27 23:27:35 (permalink)
    SeafarerJohn: Thank you for for allowing me to feel...m-m-m...not so alone. Did you see/hear the web-site? Please let me know...and what you think...in the key of "G" if you can? (By-the-way...It won't be long and we'll be hearing the sounds of "AUTUM LEAVES". ENJOY! M A*
    Michael Stern
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1034
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/07/28 08:52:19 (permalink)
    Beefeaters, neat and dry, with an olive, please!

...S'wonderful!
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/07/28 10:47:27 (permalink)
    ...S'marvelous !

If it's Michaels round, I'll have the Beefeaters, neat, dry, and an olive, also. ( that's after trying to direct the bartender on the fact that there is such a thing as a Martini made with dry gin and dry vermouth, and that it should be stirred, not shaken, and that it should be served in a Martini glass- not some kind of clumsy tumbler, and no, i do not want the edge of the glass diped in salt, sugar, coke, or any other powdery or granular sunstance, and yes, I would like the glass placed before me on a cocktail napkin, etc, etc......)

No, havn't gotten to the cocktail hour website yet. Sorry, but I have difficulty with keys - a tin ear. This may seem an anomoly for a music lover, but it is true and all my musician friends will attest to their dersire that I not sing along with their efforts.
    Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/07/28 11:36:40 (permalink)
    " tall and tan and dark and lovely, the girl from Ipanema....."

I'll have a Tom Collins please...
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7022
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/08/01 02:51:59 (permalink)
    Lone Star, Next time you're at Ipanema Beach in Rio, order a cachacca muddled with fresh limes, a little sugar and ice. To die for.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2883
    RE: Cocktail Music...You Need Now...and X-MAS!!! 2003/08/01 03:37:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lone Star

" tall and tan and dark and lovely, the girl from Ipanema....."

I'll have a Tom Collins please...

My boyfriend always has the band play that song for me when we are out. What a great song. It stays in your head for days. Kind of like the theme from "I Dream of Jeannie".
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1