Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Coke, Pepsi, RC or another?

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 31 to 60 of 131
iceomat

• Total Posts: 97
RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Mon, 01/24/05 9:17 PM (permalink)
1. COKE
2. COKE
3. COKE
4. RC
5. pepsi (only if I must, like at KFC)

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone know if Vess soda is still around?

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
    RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Mon, 01/24/05 9:41 PM (permalink)
    Whatever:

Here are my comments... If I drink a soda by itself, it will always be a Diet Pepsi. If I have a mixed drink, such as (DON Q ;) rum & coke; it will always be with a "classic style" Coke. The RC issue is much more reserved, as I have to be in the mood for one (can't really explain...). I hate regular Pepsi, the "new" Coca-Cola, diet Coke, Mt.Dew, et.al. . Of course, 'gimme a frosted mug of A&W rootbeer anytime.

PCC

• Total Posts: 111
      RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Mon, 01/24/05 11:27 PM (permalink)
      Here's another vote for RC. I do prefer it (and all other pop) in a bottle so it is a little more difficult to find.

essvee

• Total Posts: 425
        RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 1:09 AM (permalink)
        RC is my poison. In glass, preferably. It's got that musty bottom flavor to it that Coke seems to have lost, if ever it did have it. I was in the South once and only once, hitchhiking lo these many years ago, and I still remember: how cold all the soda was, and the funny sized bottles (18 oz, 26 oz), and how good RC and C and C tasted.

Gimme an Undina white birch beer any day, though. Oh ****, I forgot! They're gone. (snif) I'll never see the word Higganum in print ever again, I fear....

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
          RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 3:42 AM (permalink)
          If there was a Pepsi, Coke, and RC can sitting in front of me,,,,i'd pick the Pepsi, but its not that important to me. My buddy is a diehard Pepsi drinker and just refuses to drink Coke. If we ever go through a drive-thru while working, he'll refuse a Coke if its the only thing. I tell him to just drink the @#$% stuff and have never understood what makes it such a big deal. At restaurants, the fountain pop is so watered down anyways, it shouldnt make a difference.

Green_Chile

• Total Posts: 115
            RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 6:57 AM (permalink)
            I love a good soda fountain Cherry Coke, but normally drink canned Pepsi...it suffices. Classic Coca~Cola just is not the same unless you can get the cane sugar kind in the glass bottle...Ice Cold is a must.

On an odd note...when they came out with "NEW" Coke way back...me and my family found a tasty brand called "Like Cola", this was when we lived in Groton,CT. I have never been able to find that brand since moving from there 21 years ago....sigh.

anselmo1

• Total Posts: 126
              RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 8:46 AM (permalink)
              The only carbinated beverage I will drink is Caffeine Free Diet COKE. Years back, I drank Diet Rite Cola (RC's diet brand) but never find this item on sale.

Would never drink any Pepsi products again after watching "Mommie Dearest"!

jimcor

• Total Posts: 148
                RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 9:52 AM (permalink)
                Bubba is best.

Bubba Cola, the house brand of Save a Lot Food Stores. Made of 100% genuine soda ingredients, no non-ingredients are used in making this flavorful beverage. Couple of bucks for a 12 pack or 59 cents for a 2 litre. How can something that tastes so ahh, distinctive, be priced so inexpensively?

Bubba is best.

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                  RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 10:06 AM (permalink)
                  Pepsi please, coke only if it's on sale. I was more than happy to hear that Coke has lost it's contract to UF as of the end of May. Only Pepsi products will be vended on campus.

CarolinaBill

• Total Posts: 207
                    RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 11:19 AM (permalink)
                    Pretty much non-committal on Coke vs Pepsi in regular version, but when it comes to diet versions, Pepsi quite tolerable while Diet Coke is utterly offensive. There are legions of Diet Coke drinkers - can you please answer me how you can claim to enjoy something that tastes like nothing but fizzy water with artificial sweetening? It tastes NOTHING like Coke or any cola for that matter. At least Diet Pepsi tastes somewhat cola-like.

I love the rare soft drink that is sugar sweetened...totally different texture and flavor than corn syrup. Easy to find in Louisiana due to strong local preference for cane sugar. Also if in East Tennessee try Dr. Enuf, a great sugar-only lemon lime that also packs a wallop of vitamins and caffeine!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 4:36 PM (permalink)

Our local supermarket had Cheerwine in the 'Impulse' cooler by the registers today. In with the R C and other non-Coke/Pepsi products. The 20 oz bottles (plastic) were only 79 cents. So I got 4..two for each pocket in my jacket. Two disappeared on the way home from the store. One will be saved for my Spouse, who will kindly refuse it because it isn't "diet"...so I will finish off all four before the pillow turns tonight.
                      It is a Good Life !

dweller

• Total Posts: 70
                        RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 5:06 PM (permalink)
                        Pepsi Max and RC

Doug

ericats

• Total Posts: 112
                          RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 5:35 PM (permalink)
                          I just checked out Galco's' (famous store in LA that sells hundreds of different sodas) website (www.sodapopstop.com) and they sell original formula Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar. I've known about original formula Coke but didn't know there was one for Dr. Pepper. They also sell Coke from Mexico that is made with cane sugar.

jlobough

• Total Posts: 94
                            RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 7:12 PM (permalink)
                            Diet Pepsi is my drink (almost addiction) of choice and probably has been for 20 years now. Diet Coke is terrible. Most other diet cola is wretched. However, I do prefer Coke over Pepsi. RC is ok on rare occasions, but you'll never finding me search it out.

I can deal with Diet Coke if I have to (say, in a casual restaurant), but I'm certainly a happier camper if they have Diet Pepsi. It just has a better taste and the carbonation just seems to last longer.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
                              RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 01/25/05 7:54 PM (permalink)
                              I know this is going to sound "anti-roadfood", but I gave up on all sugary carbonated beverages a few years back. I still drink them from time to time, if I need a caffeine boost. But if I'm going to ingest calories, I'd rather do it in the form of a great cheeseburger or pulled pork sandwich than with a Coke or Pepsi. You'd be amazed at the freedom you have to eat what you want if you just switch to water and dump the sugar.

And now a completely contradictory story: My wife and I were recently in Ireland. Upon de-planing at Shannon, I went straight to the airport c-store and picked up a Coke. The instant I put it up to my lips, I was transported back in time about 25 years-real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup!!! They say the olfactory senses provide the strongest memories when stimulated, but I can tell you, the first swig of Coke with real sugar took me back to my early twenties. I drank Coke and Pepsi throughout the trip, but limited my intake to one a day.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Wed, 01/26/05 9:21 AM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by ericats

I just checked out Galco's' (famous store in LA that sells hundreds of different sodas) website (www.sodapopstop.com) and they sell original formula Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar. I've known about original formula Coke but didn't know there was one for Dr. Pepper. They also sell Coke from Mexico that is made with cane sugar.
                                Interesting and worth looking into. And if the Dr. Pepper comes in the old 10-2-4 bottles it'll taste even better! I believe Canadian Coke is also made with cane sugar...

Brad O.

lamertz

• Total Posts: 290
                                  RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Wed, 01/26/05 11:32 PM (permalink)
                                  Although I am seriously limiting my intake of pop (you say soda,I say pop) I will say that I love diet Coke and really don't like any Pepsi products.
                                  I am addicted to ginger ales of all kinds and prefer them sugarless but am jonesing due to Aspartamane scare and diet concerns in general.
                                  Every once in a while, I enjoy a Perfect Manhattan,made with Makers Mark. I will try my whisky with ginger ale next time even though I fear I will find a new favorite>

Saint Matt

• Total Posts: 183
                                    RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Thu, 01/27/05 12:29 AM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by ericats

Here's the website for original formula Dr. Pepper, also known as "Dublin Dr. Pepper"

http://www.drpep.com/

I don't like regular Dr. Pepper, but love Dublin Dr. Pepper.

wilewil

• Total Posts: 99
                                      RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Thu, 02/3/05 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                      Double Cola hits the spot. 12 full ounces, thats a lot.

Not any more.

Drinks like DC, Cherwine etc should be more widely sold. I wonder if any of them, particularly DC, show up as private brands elsewhere?

cuervo1

• Total Posts: 11
                                        RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sat, 02/12/05 7:46 PM (permalink)
                                        i miss the Nu-Grape and Tru-ade brands, haven't seen either in years, between coke and pepsi, i like coke the best, Nehi is pretty good as well, all but the peach one.

Gizmolito

• Total Posts: 312
                                          RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 3:58 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by CarolinaBill

Pretty much non-committal on Coke vs Pepsi in regular version, but when it comes to diet versions, Pepsi quite tolerable while Diet Coke is utterly offensive. There are legions of Diet Coke drinkers - can you please answer me how you can claim to enjoy something that tastes like nothing but fizzy water with artificial sweetening? It tastes NOTHING like Coke or any cola for that matter. At least Diet Pepsi tastes somewhat cola-like.

I love the rare soft drink that is sugar sweetened...totally different texture and flavor than corn syrup. Easy to find in Louisiana due to strong local preference for cane sugar. Also if in East Tennessee try Dr. Enuf, a great sugar-only lemon lime that also packs a wallop of vitamins and caffeine!

Here in the midwest Coke or Pepsi with sugar is available in some of the mom & pop Hispanic grocery stores, imported from Mexico.

If money is no object you can also order here: http://www.mexicancola.com/

garykg6

• Total Posts: 358
                                            RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 4:38 PM (permalink)
                                            all this talk about soda,I love it!.....In Tampa,on Livingston St.(just off of Bearrs Ave,near Bruce B.Downs Blvd) is a place called 'sub's and such'. The owners hobby is collecting regional sodas and selling them in his tiny sub shop(decent sandwich)...he literally has several hundred different kinds,usually not all at once as he goes on buying trips twice a year and space is limited but an enormous selection all the same....definitely worth a stop for the true soda-lover.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                                              RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 6:08 PM (permalink)
                                              Whatever drink I have anymore is diet. I like the Diet RC's, and Diet Dr Pepper.

Sundancer7

RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 6:16 PM (permalink)
                                                The Sundancer goes through about 72 Diet cokes weekly. I just like them!

Paul E. Smith
                                                Knoxville, TN

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                                                  RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 6:31 PM (permalink)
                                                  Paul, that's 10 a day. Sounds like addiction.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                                    • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                                                    RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Sun, 02/27/05 6:35 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by Sundancer7

The Sundancer goes through about 72 Diet cokes weekly. I just like them!

Paul E. Smith
                                                    Knoxville, TN

Diet Cokes?---didnt look like diet coke in that togo cup you were carrying around in Memphis!

michaelgemmell

• Total Posts: 673
                                                      • Location: San Francisco, CA
                                                      RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Mon, 02/28/05 12:03 AM (permalink)
                                                      I want to hear more about dispensers, mistertawny. I always prefer a fresh fountain soda. Could you give us some basic cost and space requirements for the smallest and least expensive fountains around? I'm not looking for a collectible.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                                                        • Location: Versailles, KY
                                                        RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Fri, 03/4/05 3:50 PM (permalink)
                                                        For sodas, I prefer diet Big Red and diet Barq's Root Beer. I don't care for soda with food though --- I drink either beer, wine, water with a lemon slice, or unsweetened iced tea with meals.

Andrea

ChiliDog

• Total Posts: 126
                                                          • Location: Apple Valley, CA
                                                          RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 03/8/05 12:57 PM (permalink)
                                                          My cola preferences are split. At the top of the list is Diet Coke, but when it ‘s not available I go for Regular Pepsi. The weird part is, I can’t stand Regular Coke or Diet Pepsi.

• Total Posts: 222
                                                            • Joined: 10/25/2004
                                                            • Location: Norridgewock, ME
                                                            RE: Coke, Pepsi, RC or another? Tue, 03/8/05 1:59 PM (permalink)
                                                            Pepsi is more popular than Coke in northern New England, but if I must drink cola it will be Polar, bottled in Worchester/Auburn MA. Otherwise, bring on the Moxie!
                                                            (who also likes Polar Orange Dry with vodka on hot days.....)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 31 to 60 of 131

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com