College Football 2012-13!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18940
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/11/27 19:10:43 (permalink)
I do know that there was a meeting in New Albany of the very highest principals in the matter the night before the Tressel resignation. What was said and/or decided at that meeting I do not, of course, know. Did Tressel "take the bullet" in the matter? I can't say. Did this year's team get hit by the bullet? You bet. Is it fair? I don't think so. By the way, I also don't think it's fair that the Penn State team has to suffer for something the players were not a part of.
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/11/28 06:40:49 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

I do know that there was a meeting in New Albany of the very highest principals in the matter the night before the Tressel resignation. What was said and/or decided at that meeting I do not, of course, know. Did Tressel "take the bullet" in the matter? I can't say. Did this year's team get hit by the bullet? You bet. Is it fair? I don't think so. By the way, I also don't think it's fair that the Penn State team has to suffer for something the players were not a part of.

I think it was wrong to let them take a ban instead of firing everyone that knew. Sandusky's wife should be locked up also. That whole city took a huge hit because of those pigs. I would have cleared house. They did not even scratch the surface. We will never know how many people turned there heads on that one. The people who knew still work there. I agree with you on this one the players did nothing. They should change the name of the college and start over....Russ
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6426
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/11/28 11:15:01 (permalink)
Hold your horses! Alabama has to play Georgia yet.
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/12/04 17:40:30 (permalink)
Wisconsin was a shocker. they lost to both OSU and PSU, but still go to B1G Championship and unbelievably crush Nebraska. wow. I would guess that they'll get stomped in the Rose Bowl...but I won't make that prediction again!
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/12/04 20:37:57 (permalink)
You saw the potential of Wisconsin in the Nebraska game the way they should have been the whole season. They have the running backs and the big line. What did them in was going through three quarterbacks over the season, coaching firing a few games in and just not quite jelling. But who knows what will happen in the Rose Bowl. Their head coach, Bret Bielema is bolting for Arkansas.
trzhotel
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/12/05 11:09:34 (permalink)
There may have been some turmoil between Bielema and Barry Alvarez behind the scenes. Bielema may have wanted bigtime SEC style money for his assistants who eventually left, or he may have wanted a super lopsided contract like Kirk Ferentz has at Iowa.

Bielema was a total killer for teams like Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois. He cried on the field after finally beating Iowa in 2010, played .500 against the other top seven teams the conference, and won one out of six against Ohio State. The close game losses on hail mary passes or overtime periods could have been karma for the 70 point beatdowns on the weaker teams.

Bielema had been making last minute plane flights to top tier quarterbacks across the country in the last days of recruiting for the past several years. All but one basically turned him down. You could see the potential when the team had one great athletic NFL ready guy running the offense. The other guys over the years were awkward kids dedicated to the program, living within the system, destined for NFL backup jobs at best.

Does he really think he is going to get the talent to play even with the big programs in the SEC West? Arkansas once fired a coach overnight after a loss, had fans rebel and dig into the personal life of Houston Nutt, then had an offseason fiasco with Bobby Petrino, and John L. Smith having some bizarro press conference where he screams at reporters about football being fun and just a game because Smith just had a family member die and is going through financial trouble.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:College Football 2012-13! 2012/12/05 12:31:56 (permalink)
Iowa's Kirk Ferentz is the most overpaid coach for what he delivers at a rate close to a million dollars per win this year.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1