College student asks restaurant owners/managers

Author
phunctional
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/07/12 00:52:32 (permalink)

College student asks restaurant owners/managers

Hey restaurant folks!

My name is Jared, I'm a University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana student, and an entrepreneur at heart managing my own business full-time at 19 years old.

I have an increasing desire to get into the restaurant business and find ways to help them. I basically have setup a 10 question survey to help me factor in a few different things.

Any brave souls out there interested? Only one requirement: must be in the United States, and must be a restaurant owner/manager (oops, that's two requirements).

I'll end up picking 3 random surveys and giving a Caribou, Starbucks, or Jamba Juice gift card to each.

I also will be e-mailing everyone the survey results. Can make for some good market research, as you can see what works and what doesn't work for your competitors.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Thanks,
Jared

9 Replies Related Threads

phunctional
    Junior Burger
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/12 11:53:14 (permalink)
    Oh how many times I've heard that one! :)
    prisonchef
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 296
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/13 15:47:13 (permalink)
    heck i'm game.
    kitchen manager for someone else 4 days a week..
    pitmaster for our mobile and catering operation.
    yes this does add up to me working 7 days a week. welcome to the world of culinary arts.
    ACF certified sous chef.
    15 years total experience in large quantity cooking.
    4 years experience teaching culinary arts.
    2001/2002 teacher of the year st. johns county schools, alternative school division.
    e-mail me if i meet your criteria.
    willing to help however i can. but you had better be on the up and up. fair warning.
    as far as being in the usa. well i guess florida still is but you could never prove it by me what with all the mexicans,haitians and cubans (i don't know whether to learn french or spanish) but i think we still are.
    jack
    janicks
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/16 20:56:16 (permalink)
    i would like to help you ...
    I own Nick's Kitchen in Huntington In
    Home of the Breaded Pork Tenderloin
    I have 5 employees and am only open for breakfast and lunch 6 days a week
    Have owned it for 17 years
    worked there since I was 7 or so (Parents owned it before me)
    Love the biz!!!
    Jean Anne
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6835
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/17 00:22:05 (permalink)
    Where is the survey?? Forget about the Starbucks, etc. Where are the credentials?

As a CEC (Certified Executive Chef) for over 23 years, something seems awry with this college student's post.
    phunctional
    Junior Burger
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/17 01:02:59 (permalink)
    I understand it may sound a little cheesy because I'm offering an incentive to fill out my survey. But I figured offering an incentive would give people more reason to help me out.

Here's a photo copy of my student ID: http://www.phunctional.com/images/jtame-id.jpg

I'll send you guys the links.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6835
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/17 17:15:17 (permalink)
    Ok, all you pro chefs/restaurant owners/GMs/etc. This guy seems to be for real. I did the survey, very easy questions about the restaurant biz. Survey took 5 mins. to complete. Normal questions.

I just backed down from the snarkiness in my above post.
    prisonchef
    Cheeseburger
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/18 16:20:30 (permalink)
    lleechef,
    i got the same results as you did. wandered around his site some too. this guy seems up and up. so come on pros and help him out
    jack
    phunctional
    Junior Burger
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/20 13:46:34 (permalink)
    Have had some great responses as a result of people volunteering on this website. I appreciate your guys' support with this!

Thanks,
    Jared
    prisonchef
    Cheeseburger
    RE: College student asks restaurant owners/managers 2006/07/20 16:37:31 (permalink)
    jared,
    thanks for being on the up and up. plus we ain't helping you per say we are just protecting our social security checks that you will be paying us soon
    thanking you in advance
    jack
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1