Helpful ReplyConcession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment

Author
scoopball
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/09/13 15:11:03 (permalink)

Concession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment

Hey All,
I have a concession trailer and I sell Shaved Ice and Ice cream.  I'm looking for help on what to use to attach my equipment to the trailer.  I have 2 freezers and some storage racks and I want to know what you are using to anchor your equipment down to keep it from moving.  I was hoping to find something that didn't require drilling a lot of holes in the floor but if that's what I need to do then fine.  I currently have tie down straps but I wanted to move to something with a cleaner look.  I also have a Shaved Ice machine that sits on a counter that I want to bolt down so I don't have to take it out of the trailer every night.  Any help would be appreciated.
Mamie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 202
Re:Concession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment 2010/09/13 20:51:51 (permalink)
I just found out equipment was bolted to the floor, I  thought it was bolted to the wall.  Here's the link that can with some ideas http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=611635 
JodyP
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 322
Re:Concession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment 2010/09/14 14:38:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
For the 7 CF freezer we did drill holes through the floor and used two eye hooks and bolted them to the floor. We also found a couple of corner brackets that we secured to the floor with wood screws just to make sure the freezer would not move.  The ice shaver goes back into the box when we move the trailer. We have the Hatsuyuki HC8-E and it docent appear to be an easy way to bolt it down. We only use one 7 CF freezer. Every thing else goes into boxes that we strap together for transporting. Our stainless steel tables are mounted to the wall and serving window frame with angle brackets.
scoopball
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Concession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment 2010/09/14 16:17:17 (permalink)
JodyP

For the 7 CF freezer we did drill holes through the floor and used two eye hooks and bolted them to the floor. We also found a couple of corner brackets that we secured to the floor with wood screws just to make sure the freezer would not move.  The ice shaver goes back into the box when we move the trailer. We have the Hatsuyuki HC8-E and it docent appear to be an easy way to bolt it down. We only use one 7 CF freezer. Every thing else goes into boxes that we strap together for transporting. Our stainless steel tables are mounted to the wall and serving window frame with angle brackets.

Thanks JodyP.  I was thinking that was the way I had to go but just wanted to confirm. 
roadkillgrill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 179
Re:Concession Trailer Help With Bolting Down Equipment 2010/09/25 23:01:50 (permalink)
This is a little late, but may be helpful to others.
1)Furniture Leg Coasters for securing items (slicer, etc) screwed to the counter.
2) PVC pipe End Caps (flat hex type)(cut to shallower depth) w/ center hole drilled and screwed to counter. This allows you to move item for cleaning under and around them.

Make an oops, or decide to move something... Fill hole with colored ?Liquid Steel? putty, sand, seal and your good to go. I have red countertop and you an hardly see the old holes. The old saying measure twice, cut once... for me it's, Think about it twice, then drill. But seriously, become the "Tool Man Taylor" you can figure out ingenious ways of doing things without spending major money.

Today in fact, I made an hood and vent, from Rolled Aluminum and 10" 12DC Radiator Fan. Similar to whats on the rear of a taco truck, that's where I got the inspiration from.
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1