Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California?

Author
Cable Bob
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2014/03/25 20:39:38 (permalink)

Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California?

Hi, new to this forum and going to build a BBQ concession trailer out of a 1958 Aluminum, Boles Areo travel trailer.

Is there any one North of San Francisco or as far away as Sacramento I could get in touch with for some advice as I build?

7 Replies Related Threads

chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3278
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/25 21:52:30 (permalink)
    Jack, the Dr of BBQ is a regular poster on Roadfood. Jack's an expert in his field with a BBQ concession trailer.  Give him a shout at www.drofbbq.com and let him know that Mark Reitman, the Professor of Hot Dogs, says "hello!"
    CSD
    Cable Bob
    Junior Burger
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/26 21:28:24 (permalink)
    I shall check him out and send your regards! Thanks

hella good tacos
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/28 19:43:02 (permalink)
    Originally from Livermore. Went to highschool in manteca.

But now on the east.

I did have some dealing with the ca health dept before my sojourn east.

If i can help i am glad to be of service.

Josh
    Cable Bob
    Junior Burger
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/29 17:50:43 (permalink)
    Hi Josh I'll admit I'm a bit over my head here. I have the ability to construct it but exactly not clear with some of the terminology for the law. I have found every thing I need from the state and my local county but it refers back to building codes and home trailer laws so I'm not sure where to began. I have it gutted and now looking for someone that could make a CAD drawing to take to the local HD before construction. Found a guy in Jacksonville, FL, M&L Trailers, (which I am from) but now not hearing back from him.... many folks wanting to help but do not reply with answers.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1977
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/29 23:50:37 (permalink)
    You do not need a cad drawing. A simple hand drawn layout of your project will suffice. It needs to show the scale, all appliances their amps, watts, btu's, etc, all plumbing, electrical with outlets, vents, hood, ansul, etc.
    I spent north of 40k on a trailer by a CA builder and the detailed, hand written plans that they use were ok with every agency that touched it.
    Cable Bob
    Junior Burger
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/03/30 13:09:37 (permalink)
     I've read over what the county of Sonoma requires and they do require a CAD drawing during inspection... I found this company in Benicia, CA that is willing to give me a hand; they deal with Air Stream to renovate or repurpose trailers, mine is made of the same aircraft quality aluminum so that's right up their alley. I should be OK now, we'll see. Thanks for your input
    Inkys
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 66
    Re:Concession Trailer help, any one from Northern California? 2014/04/15 22:27:43 (permalink)
    Hello Bob,
    I'm just north of Sac and beginning a build myself. We should talk.
    I'm not sure who you are referring to that requires a CAD Drawing.
    You need 2 inspections. HCD, and your local county health. Neither require a CAD in my experience. In fact it's like pulling teeth just to get them to look at my plans. They are more than willing to inspect when done, but not so helpful when it comes to a plan review. Other builders I know didn't use CAD either and only had inspections when finished (in 2013).

Send me a note and maybe we can connect and help each other.

Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1