The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35
CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7742
Re:Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama Fri, 09/21/12 10:45 AM (permalink)
Here's a coffee truck from Kansas (an Airstream woohoo!) that has an additional menu other than coffee...but most of the beans are in the coffee basket.

They fetch a great price for product as well....

http://blogs.kansas.com/d...d-truck-serves-coffee/

CCinNJ

Re:Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama Fri, 09/21/12 10:50 AM (permalink)

Jaredgibson87

• Total Posts: 14
      Re:Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama Fri, 09/21/12 11:24 AM (permalink)
      Thanks for the link Dr of BBQ.Just finished reading it; I agree there needs to be something unique about my outfit if I do an event or festival, but trying to think of something unique with coffee  might be a challenge, but I think I can do it. Good quality food and sanitiation wont be much of a problem for me; I'm a germophobe and want to keep my area clean. At Lowe Mill, the artists are required to donate a few hours a week to volunteer work at Lowe Mill, so doing coffee tastings on some unique style of brewing, like Turkish-style or French Press (without spending too much money to be profitable :) ) might help get some attention as well as fulfill some of my volunteer hours.

Also CC, that Airstream is sexy. I would run a coffee truck out of one :D. If I dont have tap water, It looks like I'm limited to storing gallons of distilled water to heat up and make coffee with; That's like a dollar a gallon unless I can get bulk filtered cheap (and good and clean) at a Costco. If that's not possible, I will need tap water, clean water storage tank (at least a few gallons), and a water pump. I'll contact the health dept when/if I hear anything back from Lowe Mill

Also CC

CCinNJ

Re:Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama Fri, 09/21/12 11:57 AM (permalink)
        I'd offer to kick in a few volunteer hours ASAP whenever possible. That might go a long long way to becoming a friend of Lowe Mill.

Excellent places with items that have a serious traditional core & procedure to execute a proper item of quality often reach outside a little in terms of venue and atmosphere. It could be good visuals (that's why Barista "shows" & pizza tossing contests are very popular...to capture attention) because people often love to have a visual connection with a quality product. Great informative outgoing proud service...as well.

That makes a great bartender a great bartender...with a full bar...and tons of tips.

People in NYC line up in front of the windows to watch noodles being made at a Noodle Shop and donuts being made at a Donut shop. Same people wouldn't notice the Circus walking down the street.

Artists are very very visual.
        <message edited by CCinNJ on Fri, 09/21/12 12:26 PM>

ajudge

• Total Posts: 2
          Re:Considering a Coffee Cart (or kiosk or truck) in Downtown Decatur, Alabama Mon, 10/8/12 1:21 PM (permalink)
          You might also look at working with a local coffee shop. Cafe 153 is great local coffee shop in Huntsville that roasts their own beans, and has two locations now. They might be down with the idea of you being a mobile arm of their business.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com