Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 61 to 120 of 157
BuddyRoadhouse
  • Total Posts : 4086
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 05/7/13 1:55 AM
You might need to delete all your contact names from your PM list and re-enter them.  Don't know why that works, but that's what I had to do to eliminate some of the problems.

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4737
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 05/17/13 8:49 PM
Diva Pfeff, have you returned yet?  Mrs. Chicken and I are thinking of heading over toward the Ft. Atkinson area Sunday afternoon in case there's a need for any recon work.  I already have our dinner location selected but that's certainly not set in stone.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 05/17/13 9:33 PM
A note of interest to our fellow Contingent members:

Mrs. Roadhouse and I have decided the only way we're going to make a 10:30am call is if we go up the day before and get an area hotel room.  So, we will be in The Land of Limburger as early as mid-afternoon on Friday, June 21st.

We haven't decided what route we'll take to get up there.  We could go via Milwaukee and stop for dinner with folks in that locale.  Or, we could go via Madison and meet the "608" people for dinner.  OR--if there are enough like minded people in the group, we could all get together in the middle and squeeze an extra meal out of this trip.

Thoughts?

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 05/17/13 11:05 PM
I'm in for a Friday night, although Mrs. C may be scheduled to work.  Anyplace from Madison eastward is fine with me...perhaps a fish fry somewhere?

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 2:13 AM
You're the local, so I'd leave the restaurant up to you.  Fish Fry sounds good, though.  Anyone from Beer Town want to come west Friday night?

Buddy

CNW
  • Total Posts : 182
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 2:45 AM
I'm still deciding where to stay. What places are on the list and what towns are they in?

X1
  • Total Posts : 937
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 8:13 AM
What the hell is wrong with this board?

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 11:48 AM
BuddyRoadhouse

You're the local, so I'd leave the restaurant up to you.  Fish Fry sounds good, though.  Anyone from Beer Town want to come west Friday night?
We've probably been out for fish once in the past 2 or 3 years so I can't recommend any particular place, but I'm always willing to roll the dice and try someplace new.  Maybe Fun Hunters in Whitewater?

Alternatively, a couple of years ago USA Today listed Georgio's in Milton on a "50 Best" list if you don't mind pizza.  But I suspect reservations would need to be made soon.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 2:04 PM
Reservations this early?  Seriously?  You don't even need to make reservations at Burt's a month in advance.  Anyway, the cheese element notwithstanding, I think I'd be more interested in someplace more Wisconsin-centric.  Maybe even another Supper Club; one that is not planned for the tour.

In fact, Fun Hunters (aka "Randy's" on their website) was recommended by MilwFoodlovers on one of our previous Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce demo trips.  We actually discovered Saxe's Lone Star on our way to Randy's and opted for that instead.  Never regretted it, but maybe it's time to give Randy's a chance.

Buddy

P.S. X1, if you're still having problems with the website, you might need to delete all your contacts from your PM list and re-enter them.  It's a PITA, and I don't know why it works, but it does.  If there are still problems, try letting someone know in the "Post Your Bugs and Issues Here" thread.

B.

p.p.s.  The entire Roadhouse clan will be in Milwaukee, this Sunday, May19th, celebrating birthdays for abe_foreman and Mr. Maki.  No firm time or plan, other than a stop at Kopp's at the end of the day. This won't be a tour, just a one or two stop day.

For more info go to abe's or Mrs. Roadhouse's facebook pages.

b.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 2:27 PM
CNW, I don't know if the entire list has been finalized, but if you look at a map of Jefferson County, you'll see I-94 and State Hwy. 26 intersecting as a sort of nexus point.  I think most of the stops will radiate out from that point, north and south.  The three main towns in the County are Ft. Atkinson, Jefferson, and Watertown, all along Hwy 26.  If you book a hotel in any of those cities you won't be more than about 25 miles from any of the proposed stops.

If it makes a difference, the the first stop is Wedl's Hamburgers in Jefferson, with a 10:30am start.  Being the late riser that I am, I'm inclined to stay as close to that starting point as possible.  If I can't find decent hotel, for the price I want, in Jefferson, my next choice will be Ft. Atkinson.

Also, looking at the map, I see several State Parks located in Jefferson County.  We're now looking at a slightly earlier start on Friday,  and possible visits to one or more of those parks before checking into our hotel.

Buddy

JRPfeff
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 2:47 PM
We're back.  Sitting in terminal in Philly.

It's good to the tour is getting some attention while we were gone. 

Buddy - If you point to a location, Bobbi can check her fishfry database.

Pancho
  • Total Posts : 915
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 5:01 PM
Just a note...I had two double cheeses and a medium strawberry malt at Wedl's last week. I'm a big eater and that was ample. Fortunate to enough have time to eat them between rain showers on the outside picnic table. Also, there is a GREAT Mexican food truck called Los Agaves (sp) parked in downtown Ft. Atkinson.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 05/18/13 8:45 PM
Pancho, if you're a big burger eater you might want to check out the Drewburger at The Cold Spring Inn sometime.  And I'm not 100% sure but Los Agaves might be the truck whose success got some brick & mortar establishments in Milton a bit upset.

Buddy, if you do wind up staying in Fort or even Whitewater (being a college town it might have better lodging options) I see that Cold Spring offers homemade potato pancakes as part of the Friday fish fry.  We were visiting family in Milton today and we chitchatted about some of the area restaurants but I didn't think to ask about Cold Spring.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sun, 05/19/13 3:10 AM
Homemade Potato Pancakes are definitely a big draw.  We've got another month before the big day(s).  Any information or reconnaissance you can do is greatly appreciated.  As of now, the plan is to stay only through the end of the tour, Saturday night.  But if there are enough good eating options in the area, and if my schedule allows, we might stay through to Sunday.

The plot thickens...

Buddy

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 05/28/13 6:24 PM
The June work schedule just came out and it looks like I'm booked for the Sunday after the tour.  We're still planning on an early arrival on Friday, but we'll head back to Chicago after the final stop Saturday.

Of course, that trip home could include a stop at Kopp's...

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 05/28/13 7:32 PM
I mentioned the pre-tour Friday dinner to Mrs. Chicken and she requested the day off from the Kohl's overlords, so it looks like there'll be 2 of us.  Buddy, figure out where you're going to be staying and we'll work from there to determine our dining venue.

irisarbor
  • Total Posts : 603
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 05/29/13 4:57 PM
Are we doing this on Saturday?
I'm booked on Sun the 23rd...
sorry to be out of the loop...life-sigh

irisarbor
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 05/29/13 4:58 PM
Are we doing this on Saturday?
I am booked up on Sun June 23rd

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 05/29/13 8:16 PM
Yes, yes. Saturday. Saturday.

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3095
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Thu, 05/30/13 8:08 AM
irisarbor mentioned on Facebook that she can't see her post(s)  here on Roadfood.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Thu, 05/30/13 2:16 PM
Her posts are showing up twice for me.  I think irisarbor needs to do the contact deletion trick in order to set her Roadfood settings right.  In case you don't know, recent "upgrades" to the site caused widespread problems, including double postings, invisible postings, and non-functioning of the "Posts Since Last Visit" option.

One potential solution is to delete all your PM contacts and re-enter them.  For some reason this seems to work in most cases.  If not, try posting in the "Bugs and Issues" thread, or send a PM to an administrator asking for help.

Buddy

irisarbor
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 05/31/13 3:00 PM
OK, this is too weird- I opened IE-(I usually use chrome) I saw my posts, then I logged in to make a new post, and my posts had dissapeared, along with the newests posts-
I feel like I am in a Twilight Zone of RF'
It's good to know that it is upgraded, however
I guess it's on to bugs and contacts for me...

OK- all my contacts were listed twice??
now deleted, and I think that fixed it...who figured that one out, and how?
Just when you think you are part of the technical age......

<message edited by irisarbor on Fri, 05/31/13 3:05 PM>

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 05/31/13 9:31 PM
Hi Elaine!  Good to have you back.

Pie Diva & I will be posting an itinerary this weekend. We'll be behind the chicken-wire with Jake & Elwood avoiding the flying bottles.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sat, 06/1/13 12:38 AM
irisarbor, you must have fixed something because I only see your post once.  Previous posts were duplicated.

Is your "Posts since last visit" function working?

Buddy

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/5/13 12:32 PM
See updated itinerary somewhere below.

Here is the proposed schedule for June 22.

10:30 Wedl's
11:30 Johnson Creek Farmers Market
12:00 Glenn's Market & Brat Stand
1:00 Taqueria Maria
2:00 Zweig's Diner
3:00 Mullens Dairy Bar
4:30 Crawfish Junction or some Supper Club

I appreciate any suggestions on timing, order and restaurant selection.  I'll provide a description of the places when I get some time.

Jim
<message edited by JRPfeff on Tue, 06/11/13 6:58 PM>

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/5/13 1:01 PM
30 minutes to hit the JCFM and then travel to Watertown seems a bit tight.  Otherwise a little extra time between Watertown stops might make walking possible, especially if you moved the Mullen's visit to between Glenn's and Taqueria Maria.

For a supper club, do you know anything about the Elias Inn on N. 2nd St.?  It seems like the online reviews are generally positive and it wouldn't end the tour with westward travel, since pretty much everybody except me will be heading east at the end of the day.  Plus since it's right there it might allow for a longer day and more time at each stop.  Just a thought.

I see that the Brat of the Week at Glenn's will be "buffalo wing".  Sounds interesting.
<message edited by ScreamingChicken on Wed, 06/5/13 1:04 PM>

Pie Diva
  • Total Posts : 56
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/5/13 1:16 PM
I do know that Elias inn has a fantastic Fish Fry on Friday. Waiting for Buddy to tell us where he plans on staying June 21 so we know if this place will be our FFF (Friday Fish Fry)

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/5/13 2:16 PM
Good feedback Brad. I'll give more thought to time & sequence.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/5/13 2:34 PM
Pie Diva
I do know that Elias inn has a fantastic Fish Fry on Friday. Waiting for Buddy to tell us where he plans on staying June 21 so we know if this place will be our FFF (Friday Fish Fry)
Yikes!  That's a lot of pressure.  I'm leaving for Cleveland today.  The plan was to book our Wisconsin hotel when I got back.  So we may not have that information until next Wednesday, the 12th.  That's still ten days until that Friday night.  But if that's too tight for folks, go ahead and plan around us; we'll figure it out.

Buddy

P.S. Hoping to see buffetbuster and/or Ralph Melton this weekend.  I'll say "howdy" from The Contingent.

B.

quijote
  • Total Posts : 643
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/10/13 11:17 PM
Looks like another great gathering. John and I will be there.

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/11/13 8:52 PM
We changed the official tour after learning that Johnson Creek no longer has a Saturday farmers market.

Prior to the official tour, some of us may meet in Ft. Atkinson for their farmers market and a possible breakfast at Scottie's Eat-Mor.

Official Tour
10:30 Wedl's
12:00 Glenn's Market & Brat Stand
12:30 Mexican Bakery - (name later)
1:00 Taqueria Maria
2:00 Watertown Art Festival
3:00 Zweig's Diner
4:00 Mullens Dairy Bar
5:30 or later  Crawfish Junction or some Supper Club

Any comments or suggestions?

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/11/13 10:59 PM
Started working on booking a hotel as of last night.  Should have finalized plans within the next 48 hours.

Count us for two.  Not sure yet what abe_froeman and Mr. Maki are doing.
Buddy

abe_froeman
  • Total Posts : 695
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/11/13 11:04 PM
I think we're going to drive up that morning.  We're going to pick up Stricken on the way.

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/12/13 4:29 AM
Unfortunately, I wont make this tour as much as I would love to. Great nephew's grad party( then he leaves for the army soon after) and I have to work......:(

RJSpang
  • Total Posts : 4
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 06/14/13 1:57 AM
I too have to work on June 21. Hard to make Wedl's by 10:30 at this point. Too bad, this sounded great.

irisarbor
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Fri, 06/14/13 5:02 PM
It's looking as though I may not make this either as the parental units have decreed a garage sale prior to moving on that date, requiring assistance of yours truly of course...
I'll let you know if plans change , which they can of course.
sigh- this was not my plan- I told them this particular weekend was out, for more than one reason.
so what did they do?
They picked the one weekend both my brother AND I said was no good!
Parents!

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Sun, 06/16/13 8:28 AM
Buddy Roadhouse - Have you found a hotel yet? We'd like to pick a fishfry location for Friday and Saturday Supper Club that is convenient for you.

jrp

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 1:56 AM
Just confirmed a hotel room in Janesville.  I know this is a little out of the way from the core area we're visiting, but I was having a tough time getting anything closer using the "Name Your Own Price" function on Priceline.com.  It took nearly a week of bidding in the price range I wanted to hit, and I had to keep expanding the search area before I had any success.

Bottom line: Even starting from Janesville, we're a helluva lot closer than Chicago.  So, don't worry about convenience for our sake.  Do what ever is best for the group, and pick a spot that gives everyone the best quality experience.  For Friday night, maybe coordinate with ChickenDude.  I think he might have had some ideas in mind.  We're good with A Fish Fry or Supper Club experience (if we can get both all rolled into one spot, all the better).

Also, I'm scheduled to work on Sunday, so we'll be heading home at the end of the tour.  It makes no difference to me location-wise where we end up.  Again, pick the best spot for good grub for Saturday's Grand Finale, and let the geography be a secondary concern.

See you all this weekend!

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 9:59 AM
I deeply resent this responsibility that has been heaped upon me.

PieDiva, how far southwest of Pewaukee does your fish fry database extend?

Our most recent excursion for fish was to the Stagecoach Inn on highway 26 north of Milton and while the cod was pretty good the perch was a bit overbattered.  There are a number of places in the Lake Koshkonong area so I'll put out some feelers to see what might turn up.

Pie Diva
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 10:27 AM
Not that far west. Jim and I are in agreement, you should pick the FF for Friday.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 10:53 AM
Well, if nobody objects to flying blind...

Are there any fish preferences?  Some places are cod-only but it would be nice to have a variety (lake perch, walleye, bluegill, etc.) from which to choose.

To try and keep it fair I'll use Whitewater as a starting point; it seems to be roughly halfway between western Milwaukee and Janesville.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 11:47 AM
Buddy, if you're planning on taking I-90 to Janesville it's basically a solid construction zone from the Elgin plaza to past Belvidere, with at least 1 area of single-lane traffic.  Couple this with the construction north of the South Beloit plaza and typical Friday night Wisconsin-bound traffic and you might want to pack along some heavy-duty pain relievers.

Now over to John in Copter Two.

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 12:32 PM
Better bet is to drive backroads to Whitewater for fishfry and avoid freeways.
<message edited by JRPfeff on Mon, 06/17/13 4:17 PM>

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 1:43 PM
Depending on how early we get started, I think the "scenic route" will be the way to go.  Maybe drive north to Milwaukee and head west on I-94 to Glacial Drumlin State Trail for some sightseeing.  Which means we won't necessarily be starting from Janesville on Friday night.  We might still be on the Trail, or even exploring the back roads of Jefferson County.

So please, please, please don't pick a place based on geographic convenience (at least not for us).  Pick a place where we'll get the best meal and have the most fun.  Jefferson County ain't that big.  We'll get to wherever you choose from wherever we happen to be.  Just keep in mind that Mrs. Roadhouse and I still live in the stone-age: We don't have any PDAs to get last minute changes or updates.  So let's have this locked down by Thursday night.

See you Friday night (unless anyone wants to join us doing touristy things earlier)

Buddy

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 2:21 PM
Hmmm...that changes things a bit.  While I've never been there, Carp's Landing in Lake Mills looks interesting and it's relatively convenient to highway 26, which takes you into Janesville.

Pie Diva
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 2:58 PM
Since you don't have a problem with having to be near where you will be bunking for the night, I highly recommend Elias Inn in Watertown. It was shown to us by Rachel's boyfriend and is one of the best we have ever tried. They only do the FF on Fridays, but it is unlimited and comes with fried chicken and some of the best sides we have had. Also no reservations, so if we do go, we need to arrive early.

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Mon, 06/17/13 11:10 PM
I've got no dog in this hunt, so you guys decide and tell us where we're going.  Both options sound very good, so we'd be satisfied with either.

Buddy

MilwFoodlovers
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 12:13 PM
While I would love to join you for Friday Fish Fry, you'all eat far too late for this diabetic. (Someday check out the Nite Cap Inn in Palmyra-great potato pancakes on Friday, very good German food weekdays) Keep us informed as to any early Saturday breakfast and you might see us. Otherwise Wedl's it is (and it is a fine choice imho). Are we getting maps? Also my computer is vacationing in Texas and won't be back for any emails.
Please send to Beth and if you pm before Friday I'll give you her email if you don't already have it.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 2:00 PM
MilwFoodlovers

While I would love to join you for Friday Fish Fry, you'all eat far too late for this diabetic.
What's a good timeframe for you?  I'm done with work at 3pm or earlier and from Madison it's just a quick trip east on 94 to get to Watertown.

Buddy, are you putting in a full day and then heading north?

And Elias Inn is fine with us.

MilwFoodlovers
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 2:15 PM
6 pm is my limit and Beaudreaux seems to favor 7:30 or so he has in the past.
If Elias Inn gets a rave review, I'll meet you some other Friday.

Pie Diva
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 5:18 PM
It has been difficult enough to get Jim to Elias Inn (he is not a fish eater and not much more of a chicken one), so, if there is anywhere we can meet and have BR join us, that would be ideal. As for Nite Cap Inn,m I was planning to take Martin tomorrow, the only night they offer walleye

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 8:16 PM
The current plan is to leave late morning/early afternoon and log some time at Glacial Drumlin State Trail and/or some of the other natural wonders of Jefferson County.

6:00pm might be a little early, but we certainly don't need to wait until 7:30.  MFL, is 6:00pm an absolute limit or is there room for a tiny bit of compromise?  Maybe 6:30-6:45, just to give us some wiggle room if we get hung up on a Glacier on the State Trail.

If that's still a deal breaker, and it means the difference between having as many of my friends with me at dinner or not, I'd do my best to be there at 6:00.

Buddy

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 8:38 PM
Buddy,

Elias Inn does not take reservations, so we'll be looking at a really long wait for anything but an Early Bird (i.e, Senior-, Old Timer-, MFL-) Dinner.  We are willing to try the place Brad suggested instead.

Jim

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Tue, 06/18/13 8:47 PM
Ignore this. See new post below.
<message edited by JRPfeff on Wed, 06/19/13 8:41 PM>

ScreamingChicken
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 9:19 AM
Pie Diva

It has been difficult enough to get Jim to Elias Inn (he is not a fish eater and not much more of a chicken one)
That's just tragic.  You are a saint for having put up with him all these years.
JRPfeff

Elias Inn does not take reservations, so we'll be looking at a really long wait for anything but an Early Bird (i.e, Senior-, Old Timer-, MFL-) Dinner.  We are willing to try the place Brad suggested instead.
I emailed Carp's Landing to see if reservations are possible and if there are times when we'd have to wait awhile.  At this point I count 6 people and maybe 7 if we can schedule it so that MFL can join us, so is anyone else interested?

EDIT: Carp's Landing does take reservations.
<message edited by ScreamingChicken on Wed, 06/19/13 9:51 AM>

Pie Diva
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 11:31 AM
Looks like beef will be available at carp's Landing! At least Jim and I will join you, just let us know what time and we will be there. We are looking into Elias Inn as our last stop/supper club Saturday. We are worried they may only offer a set menu, like Friday.  Will keep you posted

cjucoder
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 2:39 PM
I won't be joining you on Friday for the fish fry, but I'll still be there Saturday for the official tour.  Nothing earlier since 10:30 is plenty early enough for me   Already loaded the GPS with the itinerary!  Gonna be a nice day.

Gyp
  • Total Posts : 155
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 6:21 PM
Itinerary looks great.
X1 and I will see you all at Wedl's at 10:30.
Also it's been awhile but I've had Elias fish fry and it's good. But popular and crowded as mentioned above.

JRPfeff
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 8:40 PM
MORE CHANGES - SEE POST ON NEXT PAGE OF THREAD

CAUTION - THE ORDER OF STOPS HAS CHANGED. CHECK YOUR GPS.

This post is a work in progress and will be revised.  I'm saving it now so I don't lose my work.

Oops. Watertown's Art Festival was last week. Sun Prairie for Strawberries anyone?  Strike two - they only run until 3:00. An afternoon of slotcar racing? No, this ain't BIG TIME like the swells in Duh's Plaines.

Prior to the official tour, some of you may meet in Ft. Atkinson for the Fort Farmers Market (located 1 block off of South Main Street just across the street from the Fort Atkinson Post Office) and a possible breakfast at Scottie's Eat-Mor (1311 Madison Ave, Fort Atkinson). Contact Buddy for a stop at Scottie's, but get there very, very early (like that is an option with Mr. Roadhouse).

Official Tour
10:30
Wedl's Hamburger Stand & Ice Cream Parlor, 200 E Racine St, Jefferson
We'll get a start a World renowned hamburger stand.  Outdoor seating and tasty burgers and ice cream, too. We may never leave.

12:00
Glenn's Market & Catering, 722 W Main St,Watertown
Glenn's is a first rate full service meat market, with some of my favorite brats and bacon in the state. Besides the fresh meats, they also have a huge frozen meat selection with all of their bratwurst varieties and Mexican specialties, too. Bring a cooler to fill here.

On Saturdays, Glenn's operates a charity brat stand offering their Sheboygan-style brats and a different specialty brat each week. On the 22nd it will be ... NO WAY, that can't be a brat!

1:00
Taqueria Maria, 311 S 1st St, Watertown
My daughter, Pippett, swears by their quesadillas and insisted we stop here.

2:00  
Mullens Dairy Bar, 212 W. Main Street, Watertown
Time for a break from food, ice cream sundaes don't count.  Mullens is a classic, how did Clifford miss it?

2:30
Zweig's Grill, 904 E Main St, Watertown, WI
Fried pickles and an architectural gem. Zweig's is tiny, if we take a running start, The Contingent may fit inside.

3:30
Big Change Here - Baked Goods Scavenger Hurt
Homestyle Bakery, 411 East Main Street, Watertown or
Upper Krust Pie Shop, 1300 Memorial Dr, Watertown or
Sweet Talkin' Treats, 108 S. 3rd Street,Watertown or
Somewhere else

After Zweig's, we will scatter to different bakeries and return with our purchases to Riverside Park to share and compare. Archie & Jughead may even show up.

We may have to add a non-food time eater to the tour. Anyone for a tour of Octogon House or a $3.00 first run movie?

5:30 or later 
Crawfish Junction (9755 County Rd N, Johnson Creek) or Elias Inn Supper Club (200 N 2nd St, Watertown).
<message edited by JRPfeff on Fri, 06/21/13 11:21 PM>

BuddyRoadhouse
Re:Contingent Rollcall - Jefferson County, WI, June 2013 - Wed, 06/19/13 10:21 PM
JRPfeff
An afternoon of slotcar racing? No, this ain't BIG TIME like the swells in Duh's Plaines.
I was led to believe there would be slotcar racing.  Reconsidering participation.
JRPfeff
Contact Buddy for a stop at Scottie's, but get there very, very early (like that is an option with Mr. Roadhouse).
I have no problem making an early start.  As long as you come to my hotel, scoop me up out of bed, still asleep and in my jammies, and drive me to the first stop.  Once there, the smell of fresh coffee should bring me around.

If not, a kiss from Prince Charming should do the trick.

Are we there yet?
Buddy

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 61 to 120 of 157