Converting a box truck to a food truck

Author
browe
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 35
2011/07/24 00:55:30 (permalink)

Converting a box truck to a food truck

Has anyone converted a box truck like a UHaul to a food truck?  It seems like it would be cleaner than a typical step van.

4 Replies Related Threads

billyp
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re:Converting a box truck to a food truck 2011/07/24 10:20:28 (permalink)
    That's what I did and I like the way it turned out IMO.  Willtake and post some pics when I reach my newbie quota.
    I was lucky to find an E350 cutaway that was formerly a mobile water testing lab so walls and ceiling were already done in white FRP with aluminum floor, fully wired with 120 and 240 circuits and AC,flourescent ceiling lights. This particular vehicle has a passenger side door in the box - like an ambulance.  It also had a bunch of formica counters benches and cabinets some of which I ripped out and some I kept. I added cookers, shelving, stainless steel prep table, a self contained sink unit I found on ebay, and I will be adding more stuff once we are operational (in about 2 weeks) and I see what I need based on daily operation. It's a really clean look -  I kid it's so clean you  could do open heart surgery in it.   I like that the cab is separate from the box, unlike the step vans.  And the cab is more van like than truck like as is the case in a step van. The box trucks come in different deck heights so that is a consideration when you think about serving window location (lower is better) But still the step van is the recognizable "standard" for food trucks. 
    lornaschinske
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1610
    Re:Converting a box truck to a food truck 2011/07/24 10:32:35 (permalink)
    You can put a mobile kitchen in just about any thing mobile... just like you can turn just about anything mobile into an RV. You just need the imagination and the skills to do it.
    lornaschinske
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1610
    Re:Converting a box truck to a food truck 2011/07/24 10:35:36 (permalink)
    You can put a mobile kitchen in just about any thing mobile... just like you can turn just about anything mobile into an RV. You just need the imagination and the skills to do it.
    billyp
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re:Converting a box truck to a food truck 2011/07/24 10:46:07 (permalink)
    True!  Look at the Oscar Meyer Wiener truck!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1