The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin

frogger67

• Total Posts: 156
Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Thu, 02/14/08 12:21 PM (permalink)
I remember these rectangle cookies as a kid, they were oatmeal raisin with white frosting and stripes. They were delicious. I cannot find them anywhere now.....I don't even remember who made them. Any help would be appreciated.....got a craving...

Yankeesfan

• Total Posts: 155
    RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Fri, 02/15/08 7:13 PM (permalink)
    Oh, you are cruel -- now you have given me a craving for a cookie I had totally forgotten about! They were SO good!

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
      RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Fri, 02/15/08 7:27 PM (permalink)
      Ohh yeh,I remember them too. I love any oatmeal raisin cookie.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
        RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Fri, 02/15/08 7:33 PM (permalink)
        I believe they were made by Mothers. I can taste them now....

Lindseyup67

• Total Posts: 175
          RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sat, 02/16/08 6:30 AM (permalink)
          I haven't been able to find the iced oatmeal cookies with raisins in a few years. You can find them without the raisins, but I cannot find them with......................

debdog42

• Total Posts: 36
            RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Thu, 03/6/08 8:13 AM (permalink)
            I bought some of these not too long ago. I think they were Western Family brand if you live in the west.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
              RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Thu, 03/6/08 8:19 AM (permalink)
              We have them here in the Fresno, CA area, they are made by Mother's and I have always loved them myself... they also make a great cookie they call "Taffy", but it tastes like coconut with a cream filling. And those iced animal cookies? don't get me started!

db1105

• Total Posts: 185
                RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sat, 03/8/08 1:33 PM (permalink)
                Trader Joe's has some iced oatmeal cranberry cookies that remind me of the raisin cookies. When my wire first brought them home I was skeptical, but they are pretty good.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
                  RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sun, 03/16/08 8:25 AM (permalink)
                  My wife always leaves me "wired" too!!!

Frankman

• Total Posts: 300
                    RE: Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sun, 03/16/08 8:58 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by frogger67

I remember these rectangle cookies as a kid, they were oatmeal raisin with white frosting and stripes. They were delicious. I cannot find them anywhere now.....I don't even remember who made them. Any help would be appreciated.....got a craving...

Hey Frogger,
                    This may sound strange but you can check out your nearest TA truckstop. I know they have Archway oatmeal, and iced oatmeal regularly. I have seen iced oatmeal raisin but God knows which one had it. You might be able to talk to the general manager and they could be ordered. Archway cookies are carried by all the TA's normally. But, they are not square. Hope this helps.
                    **There are 2 TA's near Richmond on I-95. One at Exit 92 and the other at Exit 88 or 89.

back40acres

• Total Posts: 1
                      Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sun, 03/15/09 2:40 PM (permalink)

Hey frogger67, were you ever able to find those cookies! I remember them, and dad and I were distraught when he couldn't find them any longer. Oh they were wonderful!

Mean Joe

• Total Posts: 1
                        Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Thu, 04/1/10 9:06 PM (permalink)
                        I believe they were made by Mothers and they were called "Iced Raisin Bars".  I have been searching for them for years also! They were one of the best. Kelloggs recently re-opened the Mothers brand.  I would send them a message expressing your interest in having them bring back those cookies. Here is where I submitted my request. www2.kelloggs.com/ContactUs.aspx

<message edited by Mean Joe on Thu, 04/1/10 9:08 PM>

db1105

• Total Posts: 185
                          Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sun, 04/4/10 12:07 PM (permalink)
                          I'm still looking too!

BelleReve

• Total Posts: 1136
                            Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Wed, 04/7/10 3:26 PM (permalink)
                            For some reason I thought Keebler made them.

I found something similar called "little dippers" sold in a tub at Target, but you have to leave the top off overnight for them to get a little softer.

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                              Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Sun, 04/11/10 12:04 PM (permalink)
                              Archway makes an oatmeal-raisin cookie & an iced oatmeal one, but not an iced oatmeal-raisin.

kfunk69

• Total Posts: 4
                                Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Mon, 09/5/11 6:06 PM (permalink)
                                I loved those too, and always had them at my grandparents house. Never heard of Mother's, thinking they were Keebler. I ate something for the first time, and the first bite took my tastebuds back there. Try a General Mills, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats. The icing flavor is exactly the same!!!  They are near the breakfast/granola bars in your nearest convienence store.  I cannot believe I cannot find a picture of the packaging, but I am ABSOLUTELY sure that Mother's are not the ones raised on this topic.  They were little bars with about 5 or 6 icing strips along lengthwise of the rectangle cookie.  They were somewhat soft and chewy from what I remember.  If they are Keebler, they may be trying to bring them back as, Sunshine Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but from what little I can see of the cookie in the packaging, they look round now, and not sure they would at ALL be the same!!!

kfunk69

Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Mon, 09/5/11 6:14 PM (permalink)
                                  This is the current packaging, but the old ones had a lot of clear plastic to view the cookies on the top, and purple was the main color used in the packaging.  I'm so pretty sure they were Keebler's but WHY can't I find some old pictures!  I haven't had these since the 70's, and the funny thing is,  I don't even LIKE raisins, but I loooooved these!!!

kfunk69

Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Mon, 09/5/11 6:15 PM (permalink)
                                    Shoot, picture didn't show up :(  Try this link, they are sold at Walmart.  ...and neither does the link.  pfft

<message edited by kfunk69 on Mon, 09/5/11 6:16 PM>

monicakendle

• Total Posts: 3
                                      Re:Cookie Search: Iced Oatmeal raisin Wed, 09/7/11 1:10 PM (permalink)
                                      Oatmeal raisin cookies were the best. Man this just reminded me of how much I miss them. I remember eating them at my Grandmothers house when I was young. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com