Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2008/01/26 19:34:55 (permalink)

Cookies & Milk Bakery

"Trendy" as NYC can be (and ridiculous too) I just read a review on:
http://www.milkandcookiesbakery.com/

Just cookies ( i dz regualrs + daily special), ice cream cookie sandwiches, brownies, bars and beverages (featuring milk and milk-type drinks)

7 Replies Related Threads

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/26 22:12:11 (permalink)
    Related to this is today's feature:
    Rice to Riches - a place in NY devoted to rice puddings. I never knew it existed until I saw it here!
    http://www.ricetoriches.com
    tacchino
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 560
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/26 22:31:42 (permalink)
    And at Manhattan prices...eighteen dollars for a "baker's dozen" of cookies, and almost four dollars for a brownie bar?
    I give them credit...they will probably do bang up business. Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

I never understood this when I lived in Manhattan...you could buy the allegedly "high quality imported" ingredients over at your local Whole Foods, Zabar's, Jefferson Market, Balducci's, etc., and make these basic baked goods in your own apartment in very little time with very little effort. But, given the warp speed at which many young professionals live in Manhattan, I guess even spending a little bit of time to make home baked treats isn't worth it.

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/27 10:40:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tacchino

Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

I never understood this when I lived in Manhattan...you could buy the allegedly "high quality imported" ingredients over at your local Whole Foods, Zabar's, Jefferson Market, Balducci's, etc., and make these basic baked goods in your own apartment in very little time with very little effort. But, given the warp speed at which many young professionals live in Manhattan, I guess even spending a little bit of time to make home baked treats isn't worth it.

Make a batch, Fedex them over and sell them as exotic, antiquated, homemades! Get rich!

"Yunnies" (Young Urban Narcissists as coined by Jeremiah's Vanishing NY blogspot) are hardly homebodies. Given the size of apartments, most Manhattanites only use their ovens for another storage space.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6352
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/27 15:37:33 (permalink)
    NYNM

When I was in college, we had a place that only made cookies and also delivered them all over campus.
    The had an awesome oatmeal raisin.

I would order 2 dozen and a 1/2 gallon of milk. 20-30 minutes later hot fresh cookies and ice cold milk would arrive at the dorm.

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/28 01:58:35 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CajunKing

NYNM

When I was in college, we had a place that only made cookies and also delivered them all over campus.
    The had an awesome oatmeal raisin.

I would order 2 dozen and a 1/2 gallon of milk. 20-30 minutes later hot fresh cookies and ice cold milk would arrive at the dorm.

mmm yummy. Where was it?
    billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2392
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/28 04:03:58 (permalink)
    Yeah, Manhattanites make the best reservations in town! Their best kitchen utensil is a phone! Milk and Cookies does a good business from what I hear. I only went there once and thought it was okay, but pricey. I bake, so I tend to be more critical if it's something I can make at home. I do love Magnolia's cupcakes and their banana pudding is outstanding, however, I won't go there on the weekends baecause I can't deal with the lines. NYNM, love the rice pudding. I've got a nice collection of those Jetsons style bowls in my cupboard. They're re-usable.
    quote:
    Originally posted by tacchino

And at Manhattan prices...eighteen dollars for a "baker's dozen" of cookies, and almost four dollars for a brownie bar?
    I give them credit...they will probably do bang up business. Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6352
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery 2008/01/28 12:29:05 (permalink)
    Anderson, Indiana
    The school's food service made them.

You could order a "Wild" pizza from the school's pizza joint "Wild Pizza" and also the cookies from the Raven's Haven.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1