Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10264
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2011/09/29 19:13:34 (permalink)
FriedTater

Get you a bus ticket for Socorro New Mexico and go see Lornas rig. She`d probably make you a good bar-b-q sandwich or bowl of chili for your troubles. I`ve seen their rig, I`d eat off their tires.

Does a bus actually go to Socorro, NM????? Or do you need an Indian Scout?

BackAlleyBurger
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1077
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2011/09/29 20:42:29 (permalink)
heres a great example for you......
not 2 miles from my house there are two "pro" built "commercial" food vending trailers.....
neither one of them has acceptable sinks, outlets, flooring IMO, but you do get a really nifty wall mount CD player !!
asking price is 14k and 19k for the small and large respectively..... i went and spoke with the "factory trained" salesman about the larger one.... and when i explained to him that his 19k gem of a start up for someone was going to cost them an additional 20-25k to make it usable and passable in our area, all he could do was scratch his head and say "really" ??
he had no idea.... and the manufacturer either didnt have a clue, was testing new waters, or was hoping for a sucker to come along.... non acceptable in my book.....
my truck will have the same fit and finish as those two "pro" trailers.... will use materials acceptable to my HD, and will be the talk of the town when its done, i already have one broadcasting company(4 stations) negotiating with me for live remote spots......
lol, im way past the point of no return now....feels kinda good :) 
BackAlleyBurger
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2011/09/29 20:45:49 (permalink)
another point to remember.......
pros have a tendency to do the least possible to make it pass, wont have the same amount of personal pride as you would by doing yourself, and half the time are trying to slam your out so they can start the next one, bottom line being simply dollar bills......  
BackAlleyBurger
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2011/09/29 20:49:13 (permalink)
case in point.... schmelly
i have followed his threads as well as all the other build threads....
sounds to me his "pro" electrician just cost him a lot of money, and headaches...
he could have made that same "mistake" himself, and saved himself a lot of labor costs
lornaschinske
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2011/09/29 22:23:47 (permalink)
Foodbme

FriedTater

Get you a bus ticket for Socorro New Mexico and go see Lornas rig. She`d probably make you a good bar-b-q sandwich or bowl of chili for your troubles. I`ve seen their rig, I`d eat off their tires.

Does a bus actually go to Socorro, NM????? Or do you need an Indian Scout?

No bus service. But we are actually on I-25! Even have TWO exits... 150 and 147! Exit 147 is the one that the airplane crashed at last week. Just in the middle of the state in the middle of nowhere... almost.
angelisbell
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Cooking for food truck, should I use a commissary or cook on the truck? 2012/12/14 05:44:22 (permalink)
I think a large part of their success has to do with the fact that the two girls who own the truck are young, energetic, and business savvy.
post edited by angelisbell - 2012/12/14 05:46:42
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1