Cool Runnings - Cary NC

Author
DLnWPBrown
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
2006/04/30 00:59:26 (permalink)

Cool Runnings - Cary NC

We have a new Jamacian place here that is pretty damn good. We've tried them 4 times now and the food is getting better each visit. From what I can tell the place is run by the whole family. Onto last night's meal.

My wife had a jerked ribeye, and I had jerked pork. Her staeak was huge, with a side of peas and rice, and grilled veggies. She thought the veggies were unusual, and I agreed, while raking them onto my plate. The were stir fried in a seasoned oil and were great.

My jerked pork turned out to be chunks and were spicy, just like I wanted. My sides were coconut rice and the best fried plantains I have had in the states so far. We got sides cups with the meal that turned out to be an interesting dip or sauce for the meat, had a sweet taste to cool the heat.

For desert she had mango pie ( ordered key lime ) and I had homemade bread pudding. The bread pudding was made with cocao bread and had coconut cream and white chocolate in it, top notch.

I'm hoping people will give them a shot and this place make it. We give it 3 out of 5 stars, but rising with each meal. Oh yeah, they carry the glass bottled DG sodas imported from Jamacia ... love the pineapple soda.

Dennis in Cary

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1