Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
2005/10/03 16:20:33 (permalink)

Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga.......

Lookie what I just got YESTERDAY!!!!!!!

A COPPER-MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick update:

This is the Barbie Trailer (Dreamz and Bass [:P] ) It now has shiny Black wheels like the Copper-mobile will have very soon. Just not enough time for updated photo, how slack Copper!!!

Since I last posted about the Barbie trailer, I realized how small it was and began searching for a haulin' trailer for fridge, freezer and supplies. Most I found were $3,000, and you could not stand up in them. I knew I needed REAL prep space and storage so I lucked upon this "Baby". The back lift don't hurt my feelins' none, either. I am installing metal closet organizers that are adjustable on each side. There should be room for a prep table in the center if need be. I have power strips to put in the Step-side to run everything needed off the temp pole being put at location AS WE SPEAK!!!!!!

The Step-side has the capacity to pull the Barbie trailer, but I can't figger out how to mount a trailer hitch on a vehicle with a back lift, anybody know? Don't matter that much cos Eatin (Barbie) trailer is to stay at location (THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE ME GREAT ADVICE ON SECURITY MEASURES) and my scrawny self is quite happy with the lift, been playin on it all day!

This is the Captain's chair (only one) but I'm happy with the set up because I plan to pull it right behind the Barbie trailer (passenger side to Barbie trailer exit). I have one step up into the Step-side and am in prep area. The back lift will be used to complete the order, I can raise it to counter level for the customer, and use to load and unload supplies in off-time.

PLUS THE DOORS LOCK OPEN ON EACH SIDE AND I CAN RIDE WITH THEM LIKE THAT WITH MY SEATBELT ON. HOW MUCH FUN I WILL HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

You know my initial signs are ready .......

And I have a huge stepside to airbrush and advertise the Biz.
WHAT YA'LL THINK??????????

Here's a side view of one of the picnic tables I rescued from the landfill (brand new total of three, one angle brace board missing on each). Of course at the moment its serving as a wash station for items to large to fit in the kitchen sink, put eventually they will be covered in red & white checked plastic tablecloths. The tables & cloths are for catching the eye as much as anything else (hoping to add more red umbrellas later). Thank God it was a lovelerly day to wash and scrub.

I owe thanks to so many people that I cannnot count them all.

Just a few:
V960 I hear you on the "tipping" subject. My plan is to tell folks I work for a really mean old witch (true), and I will constantly complain about being overworked and underpaid (hopefully NOT true). Tears available upon request, kiddin of course but who knows?

RedGreene Yes, I tried the loosemeat recipe you so generously supplied to me, and took Dreamz advice and checked out the Lubi thread. I have come up with a secret recipe (of course) and will call it the "Copperhed". Thanks Redgreene and Dreamz!

Most of all, I thank Roadfood, which has put me in touch with so many generous folks I cannot name them all. I owed you guys an update at the very least.......
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Here's an idea for the t-shirts I will wear and sell if anyone asks (I know this is a countin yer chickens before....kinda thing, but thought it was "catchy"). I know its amateur and not finished, but you get the idea? If this is advertising, mods, I didn't mean too. (bats eyelashes at Mayor and Sundance). No, seriously.

Here it is:

Thanks again my pals,
Copper

31 Replies Related Threads

nvb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/03 16:37:59 (permalink)
    Pretty cool, Copper! Right off the top of my head you might find an equalizer hitch that will work. Of course you'll have to remove the drawbar every time you use the lift, but it's not big deal..
    Tedbear
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/03 18:55:49 (permalink)
    Copperhedz--
    Best of luck in your venture!
    I always support local businesses. Unfortunately, I am not in your vicinity, but I wish you the best of luck anyway!
    Salustra
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 510
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/03 19:10:06 (permalink)
    Love the Tshirt design! I was searching the forums last week for an update; wondering if you were up and running yet. Glad you checked in with an update!
    One tiny comment - I know you said things are still in design stage. You haven't been consistent with the spelling and punctuation of your name...
    "Copper-hed'z" on the sign "Copperhedz'" on the shirt.
    Best wishes for huge success!!
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 09:15:05 (permalink)

Slick "Equalizer" hitch? 'Preciate it, this way I at least know what to ask for and won't look like such a "girl" at the trailer place in town. [:O)]

Tedbear I'm grateful for the thumbs up! If you ever make it to Hogansville I'll treat you to a Loosemeat Copperhed and Strawberry Lemonade. Couse, if its during down time, I'll have a few "cold ones" in the Copper-mobile. We can talk politics.

Salustra SeewhutImean? Couldn't do without you folks.
    I would have never noticed the spelling/punc 'til it was too dang late.

This better?

Thanks for the good wishes,

Copper

PS oh yeah!!!!!!!!
    Menu update:

Beef Dawgs: steamed, split & grilled, or deep-fried

Served on Sub buns: steamed, or buttered and grilled

Toppings: grated cheese, slaw (homemade), Copper's secret chili sauce (homemade), raw onions, grilled onions and peppers, and Coppers secret mustard (homemade)

Loosemeat Copperhed: Ground Round with secial seasonings (bacon, garlic, pepper, *(&$, and of course *&^%$)

Served on steamed or grilled sub bun.

Toppings: Mushroom gravy, BBQ sauce (both homemade), and any Dawg topping mentioned above.

Hand-cut Fries I think I will serve these in cones like I read about here. Malt vinegar, Lemon pepper, with a tad of Old Bay. Or any other topping aforementioned.

Vidalia Onion Rings Yummy, speaks fer itself, handbattered.

Home-made fried pies Did I mention I make some of the most delectable pastry on the planet? (can't take the credit though, me Gran taught me ) Apple and Green Tomato. Maybe peach in season since its GEORGIA.

Drinks Sweet tea, Strawberry Lemonade (to freakin' DIE for), soda, waters, and coffee.

BC powders, tums, gum, and other stuff

On the steam table I can go wild with creativity cos its different everyday. Copperhed is not a nice woman when she is bored. Steam table is where I try out everything else you folks talk about here, WHAT FUN!!!!!!

Did I tell ya I am on the lot next to the Custom bike shop? Harley Heaven, I'm screamin! So I found two of these in the garbage, the ignition wouldn't work so it was replaced with a toggle switch. This is what I will scoot around to deliver to the bikers and body shop folks, since it is blocked off for "bikes only"!

They are going to freak when I put this on the lift, drop her down, and jump aboard!
    Bwa-hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

Copper
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 10:20:12 (permalink)
    A gal of many talents! You could probably forego the hitch and just put the munchkin munchin wagon in the back of the van Seriously that looks like a killer set-up, congrats and all that! Great T-shirt, see if a local signman can make it up for the van? Like a big decal. Look around for an old camper/trailer that you can salvage the sink/water system and stove for the van? To avoid unwanted exposure and the resulting vehicular mayhem be sure to tuck down your skirt when riding with the doors open..
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 11:21:43 (permalink)
    Cop'r---got a son thats in the t-shirt business---a few tips---the more colors --the more money--same for details---when you bring it in to get it printed---get rid of the background behind the snake--that stone will cost a bundle to duplicate! Also--i spend alot of time with those bike type folks-got a bunch in the family--and they--like food freaks--often come in large sizes theb the average folk and they LOVE tshirts--and i bet they will LOVE the snake!---dont forget to order BIG shirts--you will be surprised at how fast they go-and let us know when youve got them ready--i want a TRIPLE X!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18877
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 14:19:26 (permalink)
    Oh, yeah. I'll take an XXL. And an XL for the grandson.
    Pwingsx
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 15:51:58 (permalink)
    I hate to point this out, but 'gotta' is actually a slang contraction of 'got to', which is not exactly what you mean to be saying on your t-shirt. Maybe you should just put 'got a' -- not so amusing looking, I know, but it's better grammar.

Just a thought.
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 17:35:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pwingsx

I hate to point this out, but 'gotta' is actually a slang contraction of 'got to', which is not exactly what you mean to be saying on your t-shirt. Maybe you should just put 'got a' -- not so amusing looking, I know, but it's better grammar.

Just a thought.

I was going to make the exact same suggestion, but in the past, when I did make a suggestion such as this, I was accused of being overly pedantic. So, I will gladly let someone else take the rap, in the interests of improved grammar!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13548
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/04 21:24:05 (permalink)
    Copper, I got to hand it to you. You are pretty far out but I love your creativity. I wish you success. I appears that you work your rear end off doing neat things.

Bring your load to Knoxville and I will assist you for no charge if I am available.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 10:16:28 (permalink)

Thanks Sundancer (don't know what that means in Yiddish ) I can always use extra help! 'Preciate the kind words.

You guys, Pwingsx and Ted bear are right (of course )

How 'bout this:

"I Hadda Bite at Copper-hed'Z Kettle"

Still has the down home swing, but is it Slangilly correct????

Let me know,
    Copper
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 10:22:19 (permalink)

I meant it as:
    "I've got to Bite at CK"

as opposed to:
    " I got a bite at CK"

But iffen ya'll take it that way, everyone else will too.

Thanks,
    Copper

Salustra
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 10:59:33 (permalink)
    For some reason the latest notes made me think of 'get your kicks on Route 66'.
    Which leads me to:
    I get my bites at Copper-hed'Z Kettle
    dreamzpainter
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 11:01:12 (permalink)
    Gotta works jus' fhyne, don't be lisnin to them yankees!! Howsbout "Getta bite at Copperhed'z" same pic for a 2nd shirt
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 11:36:44 (permalink)

Dreamz and Salustra

Been thinkin on that one. I think "Getta Bite at Copper-hed'z Kettle" totally RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some have suggested to name it Kopper-hed'z Kettle. Any input?

{K}Copper
    Salustra
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 12:05:54 (permalink)
    I vote for Getta bite!
    Keep the 'C' for Copper-hed'z, though. The 'K' may just overload the cute factor.
    Besides, it better ties it to your nickname, which you've been spelling with a 'C'.
    Pwingsx
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/05 16:30:02 (permalink)
    When people in books use 'getta', they usually spell it 'gedda'.

Is that okay? Does it sound too Yankee? Too Sopranos?

And hey, I grew up in Colorado, and my parents are/were from Oklahoma and Missouri. I'm a hillbilly at heart, c'mon!
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/06 08:30:33 (permalink)
    Keep the C
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18877
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/06 10:29:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Copperhedzkettle

Dreamz and Salustra

Been thinkin on that one. I think "Getta Bite at Copper-hed'z Kettle" totally RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some have suggested to name it Kopper-hed'z Kettle. Any input?

{K}Copper

Stick with the C. I don't care what pain in the butt might have suggested a K.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/06 10:55:07 (permalink)
    "C"
    RedGreene
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/06 12:04:50 (permalink)
    Good luck copper! Your passion and energy will take you a long way.
    Pwingsx
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/06 15:05:44 (permalink)
    Keep the C.
    dreamzpainter
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/07 10:41:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pwingsx

When people in books use 'getta', they usually spell it 'gedda'.
    OI VEY, gedda sounds like a lil ole man and lady drivin a cadilac in south florida
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/07 14:08:50 (permalink)

"C"'s win call it a hunch,

Copper
    Pwingsx
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/07 18:49:36 (permalink)
    Dreamzpaintr, I know, that's why I made the remark I did. I was going after the Soprano's angle, however.

Fuhgeduboudit.
    Greyghost
    • Total Posts : 1336
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/07 21:25:24 (permalink)
    Very impressive rig, you can do a lot with this. I am sure you will do well, you seem to have a great deal of energy and spirit that will serve you well. I am not that sure about the logo though. Keep the pic if you want, but do the lettering under it and keep it simple. I would think about abbreviating the lettering on the pic to a simple CHK. It seems to work for KFC. Underneath the logo you can do the full name and I think that would do better.

From reading your posts you seem to be a bit of a rebel and that is all to the good. Rebels lead and break new ground, those that follow always seem to falter as they are too concerned with safety and do not know that following is the most unsafe thing there is.

Best wishes on your venture. It looks good to me
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/10 00:02:18 (permalink)
    I have been working on "cleaning up" your t-shirt logo as suggested by tiki in order to cost you less money for screens. This design will be 5 colors (5 screens) if printed on a black t-shirt (which most bikers prefer anyway), or if you preferred other color t-shirts (or white), perhaps the black background could be in the shape of a black kettle (which would add another color, another screen and an additional $1 to $2.50 per shirt). The screen colors would be white, yellow, red, light brown and dark brown. Obviously this version of your design is just a suggestion and you can do as you wish, but, as an example, from classb (a t-shirt printer in Florida that takes orders online), black t-shirts with this logo printed on it would cost you $9 each (including the shirts) for 150 to 299 shirts, $12 each for 75 to 149 shirts, and $17 each for 40 to 74 shirts. Pocket t-shirts would cost $2 additional per shirt in each category.

My actual image is 5 1/2" high by 7 1/3" wide, but Photobucket reduced it to this size.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/10 12:21:48 (permalink)

Greyghost
    How kind of you to take the time to offer your opinion, thanks
    "Rebel" is probably the nicest thing I've been called lately
    While many may not know how to take it, I do realize it is a compliment and I am grateful. Although it is often a lonely road it is a rewarding one as well. CHK

6star
    I am overwhelmed by the generous time you have spent working on my logo. The information you have researched and included is vital. ie I may be able to afford this and it was just a dream last week.

The work you have posted is AWESOME! If you would like to handle this part of the Biz, email me. Perhaps we can work out something beneficial to us both. I'm all for black T-shirts!

Copper
    dreamzpainter
    RE: Cop'z Ket, a cont. saga....... 2005/10/10 12:23:04 (permalink)
    6Star... it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into that post! Thats one of the things I really enjoy about this forum, the people truely become involved with more than the basic topic.. My only suggestion would be to make the "bite" bolder
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1