Copa Burgers

Author
ttrixiemach5
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
2006/07/11 09:22:57 (permalink)

Copa Burgers

I love Copabanana on 4th and South Streets in Philadelphia. The burgers are my favorite. You can order one with a dozens of toppings to choose from. If you order it rare - it comes rare!! And they have Copa fries - curly fries cooked with jalepenos and onions - to die for!! Copa burgers are HUGE - they come on a kaiser roll!!! Don't order any appetizers unless you only plan to eat half your burger. And one order of Copa fries can easily be shared by two people. Staff is typical South Street style - lots of piercings, tattoos, colorful hair and semi friendly. Once you get your food, they leave you alone to enjoy!! I like that. The beer selection is pretty good. By the way - burgers are half price on Wednesdays during lunch hours!! The University City location is alright - but slow on service. The 15th street location, if still open, I only frequented for frozen margaritas years ago when I worked at Magnolia Cafe on 16th and Spruce, which is now Los Catrines Tequila's (Great place), that used to be on Spruce between 15th and Broad. Anybody remember that?

2 Replies Related Threads

dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Copa Burgers 2006/07/11 10:36:28 (permalink)
    Its been more than 20yrs but I always ate BEFORE going to do the southstreet bar crawl... then usually ended up at Pat's around 3am, but thats an interesting post..welcome to RF
    ttrixiemach5
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Copa Burgers 2006/07/13 23:28:55 (permalink)
    I hear you dreamz, I used to drink at Mako's all night and then go next door to Lorenzo's for the best pizza slices in Philly - but hey we all get older. Plus I usually go to Copa for lunch, not dinner - they have the half price burgers special on Wednesdays!!!

I don't hang on South Street anymore, I have moved to the Center City swanky bar scene.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1