Cosmo's Pizza>Lawenceville, Ga.

• Total Posts : 226
2005/02/19 23:39:13 (permalink)

Cosmo's Pizza>Lawenceville, Ga.

Anyone tried it? I did, and was impressed and entertained. The owners are off-the-boat Italians who make their dough and sauce daily. The

Lots of noise, with the owner Cosmo spatting with his wife of a gazillion years, in true Italian fashion. Loads of hand signing! I felt I was back in Pittsburgh with my grandparents.

The pies are huge. Thin crust, and I do mean thin! Not a lot of sauce, and personally I like a lot, but was thinking authentic Italian pizza may actually be that way. I got mushrooms, onions, and peppers. The onions were interesting. They seemed to be pre-cooked, almost grilled, if you will, and were spicey to the taste. The mushrooms seemed cooked as well. I couldn't tell if it was the same as the onions, or (forbid!) they were using cooked, canned mushrooms. One would think NOT!

The place is a dump, as it should be, though it sits on a quaint stretch of historic square downtown. Good pizza, lively joint, 100% real Italians...

1 Reply Related Threads

Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Cosmo's Pizza>Lawenceville, Ga. 2005/02/22 10:32:26 (permalink)
    Went to Cosmos last night & had a really good pizza. Had sausage, black olives & chopped garlic. The pie was thin as Ulver said, not a lot of sauce & large. I also like a lot of sauce but this was nice. Everything just comes together. I will be returning.
    There was a pizza joint in Winder 5 or 6 years ago with the same name (Cosmos Little Italy).After talking with the owner I found that it had been opened & run by a different part of the family. It is no longer in operation because of reasons beyond control but was every bit as good or better than the new Cosmos in Lawrenceville.
    Jump to:
    © 2015 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1