Costco warning for today

Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6176
2011/04/21 14:50:39 (permalink)

Costco warning for today

My every Thursday trip to Costco was a horror show today, they must have been giving a discount if you brought at least  2 kids under 5, a bigger discount if they were screaming and running in front of your flatbed unexpectedly. I got at least 300 lbs. of food, cases of ribs, chicken , top rounds, and a lot of other stuff to push around. I need momentum to keep it going and it takes a few moments at best, to stop it. The parents are totally clueless...anyone go or are going to Costco today? Happy Easter!!

11 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3903
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/21 14:57:18 (permalink)
    I used to do the weekly Costco shopping for my ex-wife's restaurant. With Easter and Mother's Day being two of her busiest weekends, I often had to use two flat carts in Costco on the Wednesday before those holidays. People were completely nuts! The only positive thing----at least they don't have the ones some of the supers have, with a separate riding area tacked on the front of the baskets for the kids. That makes for an unmaneuverable nightmare in the aisles. It's hard enough in Costco with the big carts without dealing with those abominations too!
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 778
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/21 15:21:18 (permalink)
    chewingthefat

My every Thursday trip to Costco was a horror show today, they must have been giving a discount if you brought at least  2 kids under 5, a bigger discount if they were screaming and running in front of your flatbed unexpectedly. I got at least 300 lbs. of food, cases of ribs, chicken , top rounds, and a lot of other stuff to push around. I need momentum to keep it going and it takes a few moments at best, to stop it. The parents are totally clueless...anyone go or are going to Costco today? Happy Easter!!

I have often thought how nice it would be to have a set of machine guns, like were mounted on those WWI, bi-planes.

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/21 19:28:44 (permalink)
    fishtaco

chewingthefat

I have often thought how nice it would be to have a set of machine guns, like were mounted on those WWI, bi-planes.

A nice big loaded Super Soaker just might be as effective, and a lot more humane.

pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2358
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/21 20:51:17 (permalink)
    Chewy, My wife complains just like you. I tell her if she keeps complaining I'm not going to let her do all the shopping and dishes in the Cafe. I wonder why we don't sleep together any more ....
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/22 02:16:12 (permalink)
    The Costco's and Sams out here have special early morning opening hours exclusively for businesses.  You can shop before they let the General Public in. They offer free coffee and some specials too for business shoppers. Shop early and avoid the rug rats.  Check with your local manager to see if it's available there.
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/04/22 02:18:57
    Phottoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 111
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/22 09:56:35 (permalink)
    @Foodbme  Even here in our little podunck town (Bullhead City, AZ) our Sams has the same offering, get in early and avoid the shoppers with children.

Photto
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6176
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/22 12:46:34 (permalink)
    Foodbme

The Costco's and Sams out here have special early morning opening hours exclusively for businesses.  You can shop before they let the General Public in. They offer free coffee and some specials too for business shoppers. Shop early and avoid the rug rats.  Check with your local manager to see if it's available there.

Thanks, that's good to know! Checking now.

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15185
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/22 15:33:33 (permalink)
    Our SoCal Costco's all had the 'special businessman's hour ' before opening to the public...The Louisville store does not. However we have found that Monday morning (Janet's day off) the Soccer Mom's and preschoolers seem to be absent, so that is our usual time to visit. We also like to get in and out before the sample-tables are in full operations, plugging the arteries...aisles !!
    dimmie2
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/22 21:25:41 (permalink)
    Not sure about Costco but Sam's in Texas has the special opening just for businesses.  Hopefully Costco will follow suit everywhere if only for the competition.
    sudie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 233
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/23 08:45:16 (permalink)
    Anytime there's a school holiday (like Good Friday), especially when there's an eating holiday involved(like Easter), you'll see tons of kids. I think they're not as bad as the crowds we saw in Jacksonville while visiting our son.  Ten minutes after the store opened, it was full of seniors, all with carts blocking the aisles, especially near the samples.  If you needed something near one of the sample stands, good luck to you.  Still love Costco for everything else that's great about it.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:Costco warning for today 2011/04/23 13:12:28 (permalink)
    sudie

Anytime there's a school holiday (like Good Friday), especially when there's an eating holiday involved(like Easter), you'll see tons of kids. I think they're not as bad as the crowds we saw in Jacksonville while visiting our son.  Ten minutes after the store opened, it was full of seniors, all with carts blocking the aisles, especially near the samples.  If you needed something near one of the sample stands, good luck to you.  Still love Costco for everything else that's great about it.

It's a State Law in FL that Seniors are allowed to block traffic on streets and in Stores and they can use their turn signals any time they like regardless of the direction they're going. And samples are their food choice of the day.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1