Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg

Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7956
2003/10/21 13:14:22 (permalink)

Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg

Next month I have a wedding to attend back on Long Island. Since my friend decided to screw up my vacation plans and planned his wedding the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I'm gonna have a few days to kill before heading up to Albany NY for Thanksgiving and decided to visit Williamsburg VA for a couple of days however I will be staying in Richmond. Anyone know of any good southern style restaurants between Richmond and Williamsburg that serve up a good ol' fashioned plate of country ham with red eye gravy for dinner?

Oh Come on!. I'm sure there is someone out there who can make a suggestion

5 Replies Related Threads

mobley
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg 2003/10/22 10:30:14 (permalink)
    The Virginia Diner in Wakefield Va. Great Counrty Ham plates and Fried Chicken too!! On Rte. 460 between Petersburg and the Nofolk area. Also, the Surry House in Surry VA. Not too far from the above loactions.
    Hillbilly
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 992
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg 2003/10/22 11:27:57 (permalink)
    I was always too busy looking for peanut soup to consider much else in the Williamsburg area. WILLIAMSBURG IS A GREAT PLACE TO SPEND A COUPLE OF DAYS. Christmas celebrated the "Colonial Williamsburg" way is especially beautiful.
    jpatweb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg 2003/10/22 13:30:53 (permalink)
    Yeah, the Surry House is probably the best bet for that territory. And it's convenient to Williamsburg, thanks to the free ferry that crosses from Jamestown to Scotland. You might also stumble across something in the Smithfield area. In Williamsburg, head to the Old Chickahominy House for ham biscuits and buttermilk pie.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7956
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg 2003/10/22 13:53:58 (permalink)
    Thanks all!

I decided I will go to the Surry HOuse after reviewing their web site. I went to the Old Chickahominy House about 5 years ago unfortunately I didn't have time to check out Old Williamsburg that time I am going to go to Pierce's Pit BBQ for lunch this time around.
    i95
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg 2003/10/22 14:24:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by mobley

The Virginia Diner in Wakefield Va. Great Counrty Ham plates and Fried Chicken too!! On Rte. 460 between Petersburg and the Nofolk area. Also, the Surry House in Surry VA. Not too far from the above loactions.

I second these fine Virginny recommendations !!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1