Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
  • Roadfood Insider
Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Tue, 10/21/03 1:14 PM (permalink)
Next month I have a wedding to attend back on Long Island. Since my friend decided to screw up my vacation plans and planned his wedding the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I'm gonna have a few days to kill before heading up to Albany NY for Thanksgiving and decided to visit Williamsburg VA for a couple of days however I will be staying in Richmond. Anyone know of any good southern style restaurants between Richmond and Williamsburg that serve up a good ol' fashioned plate of country ham with red eye gravy for dinner?

Oh Come on!. I'm sure there is someone out there who can make a suggestion

mobley

• Total Posts: 31
    RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Wed, 10/22/03 10:30 AM (permalink)
    The Virginia Diner in Wakefield Va. Great Counrty Ham plates and Fried Chicken too!! On Rte. 460 between Petersburg and the Nofolk area. Also, the Surry House in Surry VA. Not too far from the above loactions.

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
      RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Wed, 10/22/03 11:27 AM (permalink)
      I was always too busy looking for peanut soup to consider much else in the Williamsburg area. WILLIAMSBURG IS A GREAT PLACE TO SPEND A COUPLE OF DAYS. Christmas celebrated the "Colonial Williamsburg" way is especially beautiful.

jpatweb

• Total Posts: 232
        RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Wed, 10/22/03 1:30 PM (permalink)
        Yeah, the Surry House is probably the best bet for that territory. And it's convenient to Williamsburg, thanks to the free ferry that crosses from Jamestown to Scotland. You might also stumble across something in the Smithfield area. In Williamsburg, head to the Old Chickahominy House for ham biscuits and buttermilk pie.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Wed, 10/22/03 1:53 PM (permalink)
          Thanks all!

I decided I will go to the Surry HOuse after reviewing their web site. I went to the Old Chickahominy House about 5 years ago unfortunately I didn't have time to check out Old Williamsburg that time I am going to go to Pierce's Pit BBQ for lunch this time around.

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
            RE: Country Ham between Richmond and Williamsburg Wed, 10/22/03 2:24 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by mobley

The Virginia Diner in Wakefield Va. Great Counrty Ham plates and Fried Chicken too!! On Rte. 460 between Petersburg and the Nofolk area. Also, the Surry House in Surry VA. Not too far from the above loactions.

I second these fine Virginny recommendations !!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com