Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN

Author
Texianjoe
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 639
2007/04/02 09:40:27 (permalink)

Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN

When asked about places to eat in the Brenham-Bryan-College Station area, I always mention the Country Inn in Somerville Texas on Hwy 36 just north of Brenham. Well, I went there this weekend and I am going to show you why. But please indulge me for a bit. Since this is Roadfood.com and not Restaurant Listings dot whatever let me show you how I got there.

First March and April are Bluebonnet season in this part of Texas. They bloom for about four weeks and are gone until next year. I caught the tail end of the season so they are not as thick as they were last week. But if you get off the main roads you can still find a few good patches. It adds about 30 min to the hour and a half drive but you are rewared by this. So here it goes.

First the drive up.

At the end of the road you come across the place on the south side of Somerville on Hwy 36.

And the real reward to all you trouble is this.

3 pounds of sirloin for 23.95.

I like mine medium, chared on the outside and warm and pink in the middle, and thats just how I got it.

It comes with two sides or for a couple of dollars more you can get a baked potatoe. Now I am a ribeye man and for about the same price you can get a ribeye about half the size of the sirloin. Their CFS, chopped steak with brown gravy and mushrooms and the porterhouses are all excellent.

So next time you are in my corner of Texas take the time to see the countryside and have good steak, now you know where.

joe

6 Replies Related Threads

Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/02 14:44:15 (permalink)
    I bet I could put away about a pound of that, and just think! A two-pound doggy bag!

What could be finer. Thanks for sharing.
    rouxdog
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1421
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/02 15:21:52 (permalink)
    Thanks Joe! Truly looks like my kind of place. Enjoy the Bluebonnets, I miss them!
    rebeltruce
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/02 15:41:19 (permalink)
    I love a good sirloin, good chew, nice beefy flavor.....and that one is TEXAS size!
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/05 07:13:18 (permalink)
    Every time I do a sirloin I wonder why I bother with other cuts of steak, nice post.

Thanks,

John
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15221
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/05 10:10:33 (permalink)
    Joe,
    I am one of those who enjoys seeing the "geography" around a restaurant that contributes to the eating pleasure. Thanks for including that in your report. The steak looks great also. I think I see some CFS and gravy across the table, Did she enjoy it too?????
    Texianjoe
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 639
    RE: Country Inn Somerville Tx. 56K WARN 2007/04/05 12:29:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Joe,
    I am one of those who enjoys seeing the "geography" around a restaurant that contributes to the eating pleasure. Thanks for including that in your report. The steak looks great also. I think I see some CFS and gravy across the table, Did she enjoy it too?????

Their CFS is excellent, as is the chopped steak. The chopped is ground there from sirloin and ribeye. The large is about 8" to 10" round and 1" to 1 1/2" thick topped with brown gravy and mushrooms, my second favorite meal there. MMMMM.

joe
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1