The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area

Jozey

• Total Posts: 4
Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Wed, 04/14/04 3:51 PM (permalink)

My husband and I have been doing the Snowbird shuffle for the last 2 years btw. West Palm Beach and East Hampton, NY. Every time we go through the Chesapeake area, we try to find one of those crab restaurants totally dedicated to crabs with the paper tablecloths, crabs, french fries, wine/beer, and little else! We travel all the way on I95 - would love to break up the trip with a crab feast - we're heading up in 3 weeks. Many thanks for any suggestions ... [|)]

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
    RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Wed, 04/14/04 5:12 PM (permalink)
    If you're looking for steamed crabs this time of year, it's too early in the season for local crabs, so you will be eating most likely Texas or Louisiana crabs, 2 of your best bets are in the heart of Baltimore City, Bo Brooks or Obryckis. www.bobrooks.com, www.obryckis.com

If you want one of the best crabcakes in just the setting you described, try G&M Restaurant in Linthicum www.gandmcrabcakes.com This is the setting for this weekend's Maryland Crabcake Meet and Eat where Roadfooders from all over the country will be gathering. It's at exit 8 off the Baltimore Beltway, (I-695) which is only about 2 miles off of I-95, easy on and off.

Jozey

• Total Posts: 4
      RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Wed, 04/14/04 5:16 PM (permalink)
      Crabs, here we come!! Thank you for the great leads!!!!

jpatweb

• Total Posts: 232
        RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Wed, 04/14/04 5:20 PM (permalink)
        Tim's Rivershore in Dumfries, Virginia, about a half-hour south of DC, is very convenient to I-95.

http://www.timsrivershore.com

hungovergourmet

• Total Posts: 188
          RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Sat, 04/17/04 5:17 PM (permalink)
          Mariner's Landing in the Dundalk area of Baltimore off I-95 is a fun place. Dockside eating, low-rent atmosphere, huge portions. Glad the weather is warming up so I can make some trips over.

If you want to stop in Annapolis, McNasby's is another good place. Right on the water at the end of a street.

Here's a link to a site that lists a bunch more...

http://www.blue-crab.org/crabhouses.htm

marberthenad

• Total Posts: 509
            RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Sun, 04/18/04 11:07 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by hungovergourmet

Mariner's Landing in the Dundalk area of Baltimore off I-95 is a fun place. Dockside eating, low-rent atmosphere, huge portions. Glad the weather is warming up so I can make some trips over.

If you want to stop in Annapolis, McNasby's is another good place. Right on the water at the end of a street.

Here's a link to a site that lists a bunch more...

http://www.blue-crab.org/crabhouses.htm

great site! Thanks for listing it. Will be of great use while I am in the Chesapeake

marberthenad

• Total Posts: 509
              RE: Crab houses off of I-95 in Chesapeake area Sun, 06/20/04 9:38 PM (permalink)
              just came back from a greaT crab feast aT THe quarTerdeck restaurant in arlingTon, va. had tHree dozen well seasoned sTeamed crabs with pitchers of beer. would recommend To anyone looking for sTEamed crabs in THe dc area. apologies for THE crazy Typing. we are using an old tEsTy keyboard while our regular compuTer is in tHe shop.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com