The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Crabcake Pics

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 72
chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 2:35 PM (permalink)
All the pictures that I have seen show that this was a real sucess in spite of such a large group. How wonderful!

CheeseWit

• Total Posts: 1393
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 3:14 PM (permalink)
    Al, another great set of photos! Rest up my man as a trip to Philly is calling you this summer.

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
      RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 4:35 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

But One of my bigest surprizes of the day was to meet Bushie's Twin....CHUMLEY ! Look at the photos of the two guys...Except for the height, they are brothers !!!

You're right, Mr. Mayor! That Chumley is a good-looking fellow!

------

And, THANK YOU OC.

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
        RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 4:47 PM (permalink)
        It looks like you all passed a wonderful time! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us. Looks like it was quite an event, what with all the press coverage .

The food looked sublime and the company divine!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
          RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 6:31 PM (permalink)
          Al----gotta agree--those oysters looked fabulous!!! Think i would have had to order that for sure!! Great pics---great folks--great time----great jelousy!!! i must admit to coverting my nieghbors weekend roadfood trip[!!! Oh well--there is always the Ham fest!!!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 6:59 PM (permalink)
            Here is one more--- Our Co-Moderator doing her Photo-journalism project !!

Linda Gebhardt

• Total Posts: 61
              RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 7:42 PM (permalink)
              Thank you for sharing the pictures.What a great group of people. It's nice to put faces to the names.I'm hoping in the future hubby and I can join in the fun.

BigGlenn

RE: Crabcake Pics Mon, 04/19/04 10:11 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by meowzart

Good morning all!! Here's the link to fifty-one beautiful Meet and Eat pictures:
                http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?US=0&collid=332637551105

Hopefully this will work. Click on the link above. Then on the right-hand navigation bar, click on "Slideshow". Then you can scroll through and look at large size versions of the pictures. I've added captions so you will know who is who. Feel free to add comments of your own to any of the pictures, but you may have to create a username and login to do so. I've also drawn a blank on some of the names, so just let me know if I am right or wrong anywhere. I can always edit the captions.

Enjoy!

Meowzart

Help...I can't get the link to work? OFOTO gives me an error message. Hurry, I can't wait to see what I missed. Glad you guys had fun!

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
                  RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 9:22 AM (permalink)
                  OK, I've been on travel since the sure-to-be-annual Crabstock so just had a chance to see all of the photos this morning. A one-word response: AWESOME !!!!

meowzart, you caputured a very special day and the many in attendance this past Saturday are indebted. It was great, too, to meet your husband. In addition, thanks for posting the "copyable" photos on this site, Mayor, as we're all able to hit the "copy" button on those luscious crabcakes and taunt our fellow co-workers via e-mails right before lunch.

Lastly, and while I posted a laundry list of thank yous on the "Crabcake Review" thread following Saturday's successful outing, I forgot to thank Hungovergourmet's wife, Christine, who ably served as Crabstock's "Vanna White" distributing that day's wealth of door prizes.

Just twelve months until Crabstock 2005!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6212
                    RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 1:29 PM (permalink)
                    I want to know if i95 sang the Maryland state song!

RedPatti

• Total Posts: 135
                      RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 1:29 PM (permalink)
                      Meowzart and Mayor Al you made me smile with those really great photos. The food did look awesome and the photos showed what a wonderful experience you all had and I wish I could have been there.

hungovergourmet

• Total Posts: 188
                        RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 1:42 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by i95
                        Lastly, and while I posted a laundry list of thank yous on the "Crabcake Review" thread following Saturday's successful outing, I forgot to thank Hungovergourmet's wife, Christine, who ably served as Crabstock's "Vanna White" distributing that day's wealth of door prizes.

Thanks i95... she's a good sport and had fun doing it. She also told me that she wanted to make sure she had a prize already in her hand in case my name was called. She didn't want any appearance of impropriety!

i95

RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 1:49 PM (permalink)
                          Al put the incorrect cut-line with this photo. It should read:

"Wanderingjew (r), I'm smiling now but if you don't take your hand off my thigh right now I'll make sure that was the last crabcake you'll ever enjoy," threatened I95. "My God, this is the most unwelcoming board I've ever been on!," he continued.

i95

RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 2:05 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by lleechef

I want to know if i95 sang the Maryland state song!

Yes. But not aloud.

CheeseWit

• Roadfood Insider
                              RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 2:08 PM (permalink)
                              I thought I heard i95 mumbling something. Didn't know he was singing the second verse at that point.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                I thought he was saying "Grace" at that point. As we all focused on Signman's instructions on 'How to Order'...I-95 squeezed out the Maryland Tune choking on every word. Whatta Guy !! Don't believe me????Well See for yourself!!

[img]http://www.fototime.com/DCF4B8DE1998999/standard.jpg [/img]

i95

RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                  "Please, God. Help me suppress all of my Navy SEAL training on how to kill a guy whilst wanderingjew has his hand on my thigh."

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
                                    RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 4:13 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    i95
                                    Double Chili Cheeseburger

1282 Posts
                                    Posted - 04/20/2004 : 15:53:12
                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please, God. Help me suppress all of my Navy SEAL training on how to kill a guy whilst wanderingjew has his hand on my thigh."

Is it just me, or is there a recurrent obsessive fantasy going here?

Looks like y'all had loads of fun!

CheeseWit

• Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 4:13 PM (permalink)
                                      i95: Your legs were well-occupied. Jane's foot was up your pants leg and wandering's hand was wandering. No wonder you're such a happy fella'! And here I thought it was because of your lovely spouse who you kept away from me on Saturday.

meowzart

• Total Posts: 773
                                        RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 5:03 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

I thought he was saying "Grace" at that point. As we all focused on Signman's instructions on 'How to Order'...I-95 squeezed out the Maryland Tune choking on every word. Whatta Guy !! Don't believe me????Well See for yourself!!

I don't know....looks like Grampaw nodded off there for a second to me!! Did anybody at that table hear any snoring? [|)][|)][|)]

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 6:50 PM (permalink)
                                          I thought that was the chorus of Maryland, My Maryland....they do sound alike !
                                          BTW Here is the dinner I had the night before the Meeting...Call it Crabfest Eve !! In Hagerstown, Richardson's Restaurant is a good stop. I have submitted a review, but here is the proof...Med.Rare Beef, Scallops Imperial, Crablegs, Iced Oysters and ButterBeans..AND this was my first round at the Buffet.

CheeseWit

• Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 11:16 PM (permalink)
                                            Al: That food looks sooo good. You told me it was good and now I can see for myself. Wow! What a weekend of eating for you!

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                              RE: Crabcake Pics Tue, 04/20/04 11:41 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:

I thought that was the chorus of Maryland, My Maryland....they do sound alike !
                                              BTW Here is the dinner I had the night before the Meeting...Call it Crabfest Eve !! In Hagerstown, Richardson's Restaurant is a good stop. I have submitted a review, but here is the proof...Med.Rare Beef, Scallops Imperial, Crablegs, Iced Oysters and ButterBeans..AND this was my first round at the Buffet.

Mr. MaYyor,
                                              You're making me hungry... very, VERY hungry.
                                              Louderrumblingly, Ort. Carlton in Lovely, Warm Athens, Georgia.

i95

RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 7:16 AM (permalink)
                                                quote:
                                                Originally posted by meowzart

I don't know....looks like Grampaw nodded off there for a second to me!! Did anybody at that table hear any snoring? [|)][|)][|)]

"Dear God, forget what I asked for regarding wanderinghands / wanderingjew. Can you just make sure that cat-obsessed broads (and you know who they are) are relegated to overt, on-line monikers so that we may all make fun of them? Thank you. Amen."

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7381
                                                  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 9:51 AM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by i95

Al put the incorrect cut-line with this photo. It should read:

"Wanderingjew (r), I'm smiling now but if you don't take your hand off my thigh right now I'll make sure that was the last crabcake you'll ever enjoy," threatened I95. "My God, this is the most unwelcoming board I've ever been on!," he continued.

Ok, here is the REAL story behind this. While sitting next to I-95, he would divert my attention to Signman, The Mayor, Jane Dough, Cheeswit etc who would engage me in conversation, every time I turned back to my Crabcake Sandwich, someone (Gee I wonder who ) took a bite out of my crabcake sandwich while I wasn't looking! I then looked down, felt around and alas! The proof was in the pudding, there was jumbo lump crabmeat all over I-95's thigh Now how did THAT get there

i95

RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 10:27 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by wanderingjew

The proof was in the pudding, there was jumbo lump crabmeat all over I-95's thigh Now how did THAT get there

What a storied way of informing me that I have crabs. I'm insulted. I'm contagious. And this is the most unwelcoming board I've ever been on !!

CheeseWit

• Location: West Chester, PA
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 10:37 AM (permalink)
                                                      i95: Keep your distance! No crabby people allowed on the cheesesteak tour.

i95

• Location: Sin City, VA
                                                        RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 11:09 AM (permalink)
                                                        How do you feel about gonorrhea ?

CheeseWit

• Location: West Chester, PA
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 11:10 AM (permalink)
                                                          It goes best with a white wine

i95

• Location: Sin City, VA
                                                            RE: Crabcake Pics Wed, 04/21/04 11:13 AM (permalink)
                                                            Touche.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 72

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com