Cranky Pat's - Neenah, WI

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5143
2008/01/29 11:15:26 (permalink)

Cranky Pat's - Neenah, WI

This past Friday I stopped at[url='http://www.crankypats.com/index.html']Cranky Pat's[/url] in Neenah for a slice of pepperoni & mushroom pizza (it's "slice" on the menu but the in-house term appeared to be "wedge"). Like Frank's Pizza Palace in Appleton the pizza-making operation is out front and visible so I sat at the counter and got to watch it being made; the dough is machine-rolled and hand-tossed when the order is placed, even if it's just a $4 slice.

I noticed that the pizzas don't seem to get a lot of sauce and the sauce itself is pretty mild, so it didn't overpower the cheese and the toppings (the pizzamaker was especially generous with the fresh mushrooms). FWIW the toppings are placed above the cheese and not below it; yes the mushrooms shriveled but they still tasted good. The crust came out thin and crisp (almost crackerlike) and the edges and the cheese were nicely browned. From what I could tell the oven is set up like a Ferris wheel but I don't know the technical name of that style.

I liked it and would definitely go back.

Brad

1 Reply Related Threads

NebGuy
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 875
    RE: Cranky Pat's - Neenah, WI 2008/01/29 12:30:49 (permalink)
    I go to Frank and Pat's in Green Bay when I take in my yearly Packer game. Next time try Pat's special.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1