Crawfish in Louisiana

Author
jlwarren
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 15
2003/05/06 20:36:16 (permalink)

Crawfish in Louisiana

If you LOVE crawfish, and happen to be going to Louisiana, be sure to visit the Boiling Point- it is on the road to New Iberia from Lafayette on the right hand side. Short on ambiance (flourescent lighting in a double wide) but the crawfish are the best I have ever had! Be sure to visit Prejean's, just north of Lafayette for the Boudin Balls, especially during crawfish season when they make them with crawfish. And finally, Legnon's in New Iberia at 410 Jefferson Terrace Blvd. for hands down the best Boudin, both pork or crawfish, that I have had in my life!

7 Replies Related Threads

pigface
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/05/06 21:26:41 (permalink)
    OH Drool ...
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13477
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/05/07 12:14:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jlwarren

If you LOVE crawfish, and happen to be going to Louisiana, be sure to visit the Boiling Point- it is on the road to New Iberia from Lafayette on the right hand side. Short on ambiance (flourescent lighting in a double wide) but the crawfish are the best I have ever had! Be sure to visit Prejean's, just north of Lafayette for the Boudin Balls, especially during crawfish season when they make them with crawfish. And finally, Legnon's in New Iberia at 410 Jefferson Terrace Blvd. for hands down the best Boudin, both pork or crawfish, that I have had in my life!

I was at Prejean's just two months ago. Very good.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    cheryldale
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/06/07 18:00:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jlwarren

I just went to Prejean's in Lafayette yesterday! I treated my husband to lunch there on our way home from Lake Charles. The bread they give you with the meal is fabulous! I once called in a "to go" order there during a thunderstorm, and got soaking wet, just to taste that bread on my drive through Lafayette.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/06/07 20:04:12 (permalink)
    Prejean's is the best in Lafayette.

I was there just a few weeks ago during crawfish season. I had several different dishes of the tasty bug and all were good there.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    jlwarren
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/06/09 15:31:47 (permalink)
    I love Prejean's too, never miss it when I am in Lafayette. Be sure to try Lafayette's as well. The decor is a little strange for me, but the yellow fin tuna was the best I have had!

Be sure to go to Lignon's in New Iberia for the boudin, especially the crawfish boudin, when it is in season.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2003/06/09 16:11:55 (permalink)
    In Lafayette, there is a great coffee store down town called: Mello Joy. I understand the Mellow Joy brand is one of the oldest in LA. The coffee is available at some of the supermarkets in Lafayette. Not only does it taste good but their company colors are outta sight.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    colt45
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Crawfish in Louisiana 2004/06/05 21:31:20 (permalink)
    Prejans is OK, but having lived in Lafayette since 1962, I never tire of the following places.
    Don's downtown lafayette
    Pat's in Henderson
    Robin's in Henderson
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1