The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Crumb's Bakery cupcakes

tarragon

• Total Posts: 354
Crumb's Bakery cupcakes Fri, 02/4/11 10:15 AM (permalink)
Oh my gosh! I stumbled upon a Crumb's bakery yesterday, at Union Station in DC. I don't recall ever reading about them, but maybe I've seen a post on here about them - they feature gigantic cupcakes in many flavors. I got a variety so that I could try them.They cost $3.75 each but imho they are worth it.l One caveat: it's probably best not to eat the whole cupcake at once - you might go into sugar overload. Serious here about that, type-2 diabetic speaking.

I got a strawberry one (gosh, I have forgotten the name of the cupcake just this quickly!), a Bryant Park (chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and white chocolate/cream cheese frosting w/white choc. shavings), and a strawberry good guy (yellow cupcake with strawberry/vanilla cream cheese frosting, with white choc. drizzle).  The strawberry one strawberry cupcake with a filling of strawberry jam (at least that's what it tasted like), topped by a chocolate frosting that had pink sprinkles on it. Ah, that was the chocolate strawberry cupcake! I had a taste of the strawberry good guy (which also had pink sprinkles) and the Bryant Park one - they were so rich and decadent. The chocolate strawberry one completely overwhelmed me, as I ate the whole thing in one sitting, and that was not a good thing for me.  It was, however, quite delicious!

I have been a bad girl today since my A1C came in at 6.2 yesterday.  And I'm going to share the rest of the cupcakes with my family. Really. ;) I do apologize for not having pictures to show - I don't have a digital camera, believe it or not!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com