Culvers restaurants

Author
Lindseyup67
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 175
2011/10/06 20:01:52 (permalink)

Culvers restaurants

I have to say that these restaurants are awesome, heads above the "normal" FF chains. Tried their new french onion butterburger, which has grilled onions, Gruyère and Swiss cheese, caramelized onion and a creamy mayo. It was delicious! I highly recommend fellow roadfooder try this one out!!

19 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8061
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/06 22:11:11 (permalink)
    You could taste the meat under all of that?  I had a regular Butter Burger when I was in McKinney, Texas and didn't finish it because I couldn't taste the meat.

I'm hoping my experience was not the norm and hope to give them another try, another time.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8468
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/07 09:22:45 (permalink)
    I agree, Mar. Couldnt taste the meat on a simple butter burger. Havent been back since.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/07 11:04:13 (permalink)
    Good frozen custard and everything I've eaten there has been good. All the Midwest snowbirds flock there in the winter and the first ones have started arriving. The migration is in full swing very soon!
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/07 12:04:57 (permalink)
    Foodbme 

All the Midwest snowbirds flock there in the winter and the first ones have started arriving. The migration is in full swing very soon!

That's because the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday that we are going to have the snowiest and coldest winter ever this year!

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15302
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/07 12:09:15 (permalink)
    I usually choose the double Bacon Cheesburger with grilled onions and tomato on it. Skip all the other decorations. The Fries are the usual crinkle-cuts, but get them "extra Well Done" and they are pretty good.
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4190
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/09 17:45:38 (permalink)
    Culvers serves what I term a "thin, crispy" burger - much like Steak 'n Shake and Dairy Queen Brazier.  I like this style burger as they remind me what was typically served in my pre-McDonald's Pittsburgh youth.

I enjoy a thick, juicy burger as much as anyone, but I still have that occasional atavistic craving for a thin 'n crispy patty topped only with sweet relish. 

Too many toppings can easily overwhelm this tasty treat.  So, if you want more "beef taste" at Culver's, order a double! 
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/09 17:51:21 (permalink)
    Lindseyup67

I have to say that these restaurants are awesome, heads above the "normal" FF chains. Tried their new french onion butterburger, which has grilled onions, Gruyère and Swiss cheese, caramelized onion and a creamy mayo. It was delicious! I highly recommend fellow roadfooder try this one out!!

That does sound good. 

Fortunately, the Culver's where Mar52 couldn't taste the beef is only two miles from where we live.  Tomorrow for lunch, for sure!

Thanks for the menu update. 

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2708
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/09 18:33:33 (permalink)
    I went to Culver's this summer for one of the few fast food burgers I have had in a while. I could not believe how good it was, much better than I recall at Culver's before.  I just kept saying over & over to my wife how good it was.  Juicy and flavorful with enough greasy beef and salt flavor to really satisfy me.  It was a double, which may be the difference from what others have said here. I've been back since and was equally happy with the burger.
    jrp
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 02:08:44 (permalink)
    kland01s

Foodbme 

All the Midwest snowbirds flock there in the winter and the first ones have started arriving. The migration is in full swing very soon!

That's because the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday that we are going to have the snowiest and coldest winter ever this year!

They come regardless of the weather report to root for their beloved Cubbies who do their Spring Training in Mesa, AZ. The city is building a new multi-million dollar ball field for them.
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 08:56:26 (permalink)
    Foodbme

kland01s

Foodbme 

They come regardless of the weather report to root for their beloved Cubbies who do their Spring Training in Mesa, AZ. The city is building a new multi-million dollar ball field for them.

That's really nice of Mesa. 

Maybe they make the trip because all the money in Chicago (and Illinois) has already been spent both for now and for the next four generations!
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5137
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 11:35:44 (permalink)
    I haven't had a Culver's burger in ages; maybe I should give a double a try.

As far as FF chains go, Culver's fried cod and walleye are pretty good.

Brad
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 12:40:50 (permalink)
    I haven't had a burger at Culver's in years but I do like the pork tenderloin sandwich, the rueben melt sandwich and the pot roast dinner. We only go there maybe once a year if there is nothing better near by.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 14:21:19 (permalink)
    MetroplexJim

Foodbme

kland01s

Foodbme 

That's really nice of Mesa. 

Maybe they make the trip because all the money in Chicago (and Illinois) has already been spent both for now and for the next four generations!

We love snowbirds! They have a big economic impact out here. Communities even have "Snowbird Appreciation Days"!
    mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 14:46:00 (permalink)
    I did love the frozen custard at Culver's and wish they'd build one here just for that.

MetroplexJim...  skip Culver's and go to Del's in Richardson.

It was my favorite of the trip.  (Have the root beer)
    KurtSara
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 14:50:37 (permalink)
    MetroplexJim

Culvers serves what I term a "thin, crispy" burger - much like Steak 'n Shake and Dairy Queen Brazier.  I like this style burger as they remind me what was typically served in my pre-McDonald's Pittsburgh youth.

I enjoy a thick, juicy burger as much as anyone, but I still have that occasional atavistic craving for a thin 'n crispy patty topped only with sweet relish. 

Too many toppings can easily overwhelm this tasty treat.  So, if you want more "beef taste" at Culver's, order a double! 

I agree with the thin and crispy burger, I think the triple with swiss and fried onions is one of the best burgers out there, I know I don't need a triple but darn they are good
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8468
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 14:54:29 (permalink)
    I do agree, Brad(er.., screaming chicken) I HAVE had their walleye and thought it pretty good. Based on JRPfeff's assessment, Mayor Al's, and all others, I will give the burgers a second try.

MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 16:27:44 (permalink)
    mar52

I did love the frozen custard at Culver's and wish they'd build one here just for that.

Been there (thanks to Twinwillow's suggestion) and done that.  Loved the burger and the home-made root beer.  Hope you enjoyed your visit to McKinney as much as we enjoy living here.
    MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 16:30:52 (permalink)
    Lindseyup67

As intended yesterday, I had one for lunch today.

As you described, it was "awesome".

Thank you. 

mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Culvers restaurants 2011/10/10 22:17:21 (permalink)
    MetroplexJim

mar52

Been there (thanks to Twinwillow's suggestion) and done that.  Loved the burger and the home-made root beer.  Hope you enjoyed your visit to McKinney as much as we enjoy living here.

Being a City Girl who loves to shop, McKinney was perfect!

I will return dependant on employment and the price of a gallon of gas.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1