Curt Gowdy(going, going, gone)

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2006/02/27 04:13:10 (permalink)

Curt Gowdy(going, going, gone)

I am more passionate about baseball than almost anything else. I love its sounds, its smells, its history. Curt Gowdy's voice is one of the reasons I love the game. For many years, his was the only voice I heard broadcasting major league baseball. He was factual, informed and seemed to love the sport and its traditions. His death helps me recall an era when the game of the week was special. I wish there had been a way for him to know how much he influenced my love of the game.

3 Replies Related Threads

Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Curt Gowdy(going, going, gone) 2006/02/27 06:09:08 (permalink)
    He was a real gentelman. I met him in person a number of years ago at the Sportsman show at the old Commenwealth Armory in Boston. He was an advid fisherman as well as a sportsman in general. A buddy of mine skipped school with me to see him and Ted Williams doing casting demonstrations at the show. We were right in front of casting pool when he asked if we were supposed to be in school, then he said if we got caught have our parents call his office to explain. We did, but my father never bought it. May he rest in peace. Chow Jim
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Curt Gowdy(going, going, gone) 2006/02/27 14:01:35 (permalink)
    The man was a class act!!! In my ypouth--he was THE VOICE of the Red Sox! he loved the game and the guys that played it and this came accross in his coverage----my dad and i actually ran into him and Ted Williams on a fishing trip--Two of the greatest! He will be missed.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15235
    RE: Curt Gowdy(going, going, gone) 2006/02/27 23:55:34 (permalink)
    Steve,
    This is the Misc. -Off Topic Forum and this thread is not meant to be a food review. It is a place where those who say a few words about Curt Gowdy can do so.
    I am not much of a baseball fan, but I do recall hearing Gowdy doing some games and appearing in some of the movies about baseball in recent years. He was quite a man.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1