DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY

Author
djtomatoe
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 197
2011/08/30 12:26:53 (permalink)

DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY

www.hotelrestaurantsupply.com
THIS COMPANY WILL, AFTER YOU HAVE PLACED AN ORDER, E-MAIL YOU THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A GREATER SHIPPING CHARGE THAN IT SHOWED WHEN YOU PLACED THE ORDER ONLINE.
I WAS GOING TO PUCHASE AN ITEM FOR $10.99 AND SHIPPING WAS TO BE $9.55.
THEY CONTACTED ME WITH A REQUEST FOR AN ADDITIONAL $10.00 SHIPPING........THIS IS A BULL SH-- COMPANY,,,,,,STAY AWAY

4 Replies Related Threads

DawnT
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY 2011/08/30 14:00:52 (permalink)
    I've suddenly been seeing quite a bit of this and never had that problem before. Either as you say, you're contacted and told that the shipping charge calculated as part of the order and checked out with is incorrect. Or the item shown "in stock" with xxx available is either not in stock or the price you accepted has changed or no longer valid. I've had this happen 4 times this year and it's never happened before. It was my understanding . that once the card is processed through the check out, they're comitted as part of the rules of the credit card service. That appears not to be true according to my credit card company. In all fairness, mistakes can be made as in the last order that I made. Someone simply goofed up. The item was oversized, heavy,and had to be dropped shipped from the factory. The automatic price to shipping cost ratio they normally apply would have been the exception here.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7907
    Re:DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY 2011/08/30 14:06:26 (permalink)
    Part of this problem is that companies don't update their websites when the shipping rates go up.

Some companies will absorb the costs and others who sell at margin have to ask for the difference to make any money on the sale.

If you want the item, buy it as you may find the same shipping charges elsewhere.

Look at the whole picture before trying to destroy a company.

ppezalla
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re:DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY 2011/09/03 08:30:54 (permalink)
    Setting shipping charges is difficult. Many sites determine the charges based on the dollar value of the order. So a $20 order might call for a $6.95 shipping charge. This may cover the costs for most orders but once in a while there may be an order for a very heavy items to be shipped to a rural address on the far side of the country. In this case, the actual shipping costs may exceed the $26.95 charged to the customer. So the vendor asks for a few more $$ to help cover the added expense.
    It is important to note here that "THEY CONTACTED ME WITH A REQUEST FOR AN ADDITIONAL $10.00 SHIPPING". So the customer did know about the additional charge and had the option to pay or decline. The end result is the same if the web site had quoted a $19.55 charge or if it quoted $9.55 and later requested $10 more.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:DON,T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY HOTEL RESTAURANT SUPPLY 2011/09/03 11:57:30 (permalink)
    That's why I like buying from Zappos online. Free shipping and free returns if needed.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1