DREAMy Cruise Eating

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3715
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/25 17:54:23 (permalink)
I  enjoyed your report so much.    I have been on many cruises and find that  most  people do not take  advantage of eating at ports of call.  That is one of the mmost fun parts of cruises for me                                                                                                         
agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1790
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/26 09:32:31 (permalink)
Wonderful report. That last place you ate in looked great. Real Roadfood!
crew84row
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 174
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/27 17:48:46 (permalink)
Nancypalooza

Gorgeous!  So did you try anything that surprised you?

Yes, and unfortunately, I don't have a picture...but the tandoori fish on the Dream's Lido deck buffet was very good as were some accompanying cutney's.  Naan was okay but not like good Indian naan.  Other Indian dishes were fine too.  I ate there at 2 lunches.
And I've got it down to take pics in May.

As far as the ports, I'd say the cerviche is Playa Bonita was surprising in that i wasn't just shrimp or just conch or just white fish.  Our guide had it on a gordita (masa cake), which I hadn't noticed on the menu.  The gordita was very good in and of itself.

100% Agave overall surprised me just as being a great lttle spot all around.

Crew
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13479
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/28 04:54:18 (permalink)
Iwanago and myself are booked on Carnival's Dream on 5/1/10.  I have the exact same cruise as you had.  I enjoyed your report and will try some of the same places you tried.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Play27
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/28 17:16:42 (permalink)
100% Agave, what a find! My kind of place. When my wife and I were last in Puerta Vallarta we found a similar place. The owner adopted us. We wobbled back to the resort after the tequila flowed freely.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/28 19:33:43 (permalink)
I am looking forward to the cruise but the Fun Pass was very complicated to fill out.  I think we got it done.

I expect Iwanago and Sundancer will gain some weight before we fly back to Knoxville, TN.
Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN
crew84row
Cheeseburger
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/28 21:46:49 (permalink)
Sundancer7

I am looking forward to the cruise but the Fun Pass was very complicated to fill out.  I think we got it done.

I expect Iwanago and Sundancer will gain some weight before we fly back to Knoxville, TN.
Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN

Just PM me if you want any info on the ship or ports.  And how to book Gerry in Cozumel.
What cabin are you in?   Go to Cruise critic dot com and sign up then go find the roll call for your cruise and meet some very nice folks.   Compare the tandoori to Sitar in Knoxville.

Enjoy your cruise. 
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/29 10:30:57 (permalink)
crew84row

Sundancer7

How did you know about Sitar.  I have had lunch there several times.  The food can be very very spicey.

Paul E. Smith
knoxville, TN

Just PM me if you want any info on the ship or ports.  And how to book Gerry in Cozumel.
What cabin are you in?   Go to Cruise critic dot com and sign up then go find the roll call for your cruise and meet some very nice folks.   Compare the tandoori to Sitar in Knoxville.

Enjoy your cruise. 

We are in 7273.  I think it is a suite?  I have never done a cruise before because I felt it would be boring.  We are flying into Orlando and will explore a bit.  Carnival will pick us up at the airport and transport us to the ship.

I thought the Mayan thing would be fun in Belize?

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

post edited by Sundancer7 - 2010/01/29 10:32:23
crew84row
Cheeseburger
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/29 11:16:44 (permalink)
Paul,

That's a suite balcony cabin,  pretty decent location, very near forward elevators with rooms above and below you and not looking out directly above the Lanai deck spas.

Here's a link to some pictures of 7270 same type of cabin on the port side of the ship

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/13Civitavecchia/cab7.htm

If you're doing either Mayan excursion best to book through Carnival as they are all day and if anything goes wrong that delays you, the ship will wait for you.   We did Xunintunich last spring and it was very nice.  Long bus ride, but touring buses not scholl buses. A bit of walking up a hill and of course the climb to the top of the temple if you want to.   The lunch in San Ignacio wasn't 1/2 bad either.  Definitely have a Belkin beer.  Shy away from their stout (it ain't Guiness) and not being I light beer guy, I didn't have their Lighthouse, but some fellow cruisers like it.
The Altun excursion is just as long but it combines the river boat trip which can be enjoyable if not too hot or rainy.
The Altun excursion is just as long but it combines the river boat trip which can be enjoyable if not too hot or rainy.

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/29 11:37:29 (permalink)
crew84row

Paul,

That's a suite balcony cabin,  pretty decent location, very near forward elevators with rooms above and below you and not looking out directly above the Lanai deck spas.

Here's a link to some pictures of 7270 same type of cabin on the port side of the ship

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/13Civitavecchia/cab7.htm

If you're doing either Mayan excursion best to book through Carnival as they are all day and if anything goes wrong that delays you, the ship will wait for you.   We did Xunintunich last spring and it was very nice.  Long bus ride, but touring buses not scholl buses. A bit of walking up a hill and of course the climb to the top of the temple if you want to.   The lunch in San Ignacio wasn't 1/2 bad either.  Definitely have a Belkin beer.  Shy away from their stout (it ain't Guiness) and not being I light beer guy, I didn't have their Lighthouse, but some fellow cruisers like it.

I have no idea of the suite we have.  I just requested what we have so I would Have a deck to enjoy a cocktail on and read.

The only excursion I want to do is in Belize to the Mayan thing.  At other ports, I just want to shop and eat and some of the places you experienced.

Again, how did you know about the Sitar in Knoxville, TN????

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

crew84row
Cheeseburger
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/29 20:09:21 (permalink)
Sundancer7 

The only excursion I want to do is in Belize to the Mayan thing.  At other ports, I just want to shop and eat and some of the places you experienced.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

You have to do the mayan ruins once. 

A bunch of us ate at Sitar a couple of years ago when the US Rowing Masters Nationals were in Oak Ridge.    Choices for Indian are very spotty in Tallahassee.   so we jumped at an opportunity when someone told us about it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Stephen
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:DREAMy Cruise Eating 2010/01/30 07:27:03 (permalink)
crew84row

Sundancer7 

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

You have to do the mayan ruins once. 

A bunch of us ate at Sitar a couple of years ago when the US Rowing Masters Nationals were in Oak Ridge.    Choices for Indian are very spotty in Tallahassee.   so we jumped at an opportunity when someone told us about it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Stephen

I reside on the Temmesse river and my deck is only 25 feet from the water.  I have been to the rowing event in Oak Ridge several times.  One time with my Sundancer 27.  I have conbasidered buying a ocean kuyak for bird watching as they seem to handle easily.

Glad you have been to the Sitar.  Their Cuisine is a little hot for me althought tasty.

I am looking forward to the cruise although I have always thought that they would be boring?

At least I will have a nice cabin a nice friend who is IWANGO who has been to many roadfood events.
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1